PC with bluetooth audio?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

David_Puddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 David_Puddy
Member since 2011 • 57 Posts

I am in the market for a new PC and I want something that I will be able to connect bluetooth headphones to for listening to audio.

I currently have an all in one PC so when I connect my bluetooth headphones, they connect to the all in one unit, so my question is, if I get a standard desktop PC with separate monitor and speakers, is the bluetooth capability built into the tower, the monitor, or the speakers?  In other words, what should I be looking for to make sure I can use bluetooth headphones with my new system?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I am in the market for a new PC and I want something that I will be able to connect bluetooth headphones to for listening to audio.

I currently have an all in one PC so when I connect my bluetooth headphones, they connect to the all in one unit, so my question is, if I get a standard desktop PC with separate monitor and speakers, is the bluetooth capability built into the tower, the monitor, or the speakers?  In other words, what should I be looking for to make sure I can use bluetooth headphones with my new system?

David_Puddy

Well, you need bluetooth capability to begin with. Get one of those tiny ones that plug into a USB port.

David_Puddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 David_Puddy
So PCs don't come with bluetooth already built in? It came automatically with my AIO.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
So PCs don't come with bluetooth already built in? It came automatically with my AIO.David_Puddy
Depends on the motherboards
David_Puddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 David_Puddy
So the bluetooth option is built into the motherboards? ecollegepc recommended this to me - ASUS Z87-PRO (Intel Z87, HDMI, DVI, 3xPCI-E, 8xSATA, 4xDDR3) It doesn't appear to mention bluetooth anywhere and I can't find any motherboards on their site that do.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

So PCs don't come with bluetooth already built in? It came automatically with my AIO.David_Puddy
Most motherboards don't. But, bluetooth USB adapters are pretty cheap,usually around $12-$20.

David_Puddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 David_Puddy
Thanks. Maybe I'll just get an adapter. I just realized I could also use it with my TV.
tionmedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tionmedon
Member since 2006 • 468 Posts

my X79 has blutooth.....

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points