PC win the Console War?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CableTripOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 CableTripOver
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Back in the 90's console's were relevant, that's where the horse power was, fast forward 15-20 years and the table has flipped, PCs have the horse power and a console is locked in time, this is my opinion of course, looking at the landscape now PCs are were gaming is, there is so much freedom of choice for both consumers and developers, unlike consoles, does anyone else agree, has PC won the console war?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@cabletripover said:

Back in the 90's console's were relevant, that's where the horse power was, fast forward 15-20 years and the table has flipped, PCs have the horse power and a console is locked in time, this is my opinion of course, looking at the landscape now PCs are were gaming is, there is so much freedom of choice for both consumers and developers, unlike consoles, does anyone else agree, has PC won the console war?

PC was NEVER in the console war.... it was always lights years ahead of it.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Pc is a pc nothing more.

Snuphalem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 Snuphalem
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

PC has always been superior to consoles...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58155 Posts

@cabletripover said:

Back in the 90s, consoles were separate, and very few games for PC found their way to console, and vice versa. It was not "where the horse power" so much as "where there was a different type of game"

And, as you said, let's fast-forward 15-20 years (might as well make it 25 years): there is a lot of crossover, competition, and so forth. Its great from a game development standpoint imo, but from a marketing standpoint it brings a lot of baggage.

Personally, I prefer the good old days where things were separate but equal, and segregation had its merits. And that is in no way a civil rights joke...

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

SW is over there, not here.