This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Ryuketsu2043 (1899 posts) -

I'm running windows 7 64 bit witha 560 ti graphics card and an AMD quad core 3.2 cpu. I can run Battlefield 3 and the likes and usually max settings or very close to it. However the past two days any game I play after I play it for about 5-8 mins my FPS just goes right down to like 10 from 40-60FPS while playing games. I checked my CPU temp and GPU temp and both seem to be running just fine. I don't have anything running in the background either. What do you think the problem is? Is it some thing to do with my ram memory ( i have 8gig).

#2 Posted by psymon100 (6835 posts) -

I'm pretty clueless on this tbh. I did some googling and all that's really suggested is to update the drivers. Are you running the latest drivers?

Maybe jump into Add Remove Programs and wipe a bunch of unecessary crap too, probably won't solve the issue but you never know.

#3 Posted by ferret-gamer (17363 posts) -

BF3 sometimes does that for some people who have 1gb graphics cards on ultra settings. I had the same issue with my 1gb 6950. Just setting the textures to high instead of ultra usually fixes the problem, and there is practically no difference in quality.

#4 Posted by Ryuketsu2043 (1899 posts) -

It happens on every game I play though. I can be playing a 10 year old game and it will do the same thing