PC Games like Oblivion/Morrowind

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for JannettyTRocker
JannettyTRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JannettyTRocker
Member since 2006 • 1160 Posts
I'm thinking about buying a new gaming PC, but I've never been much of a PC gamer (as I'm a console gamer). Can anybody tell me of any PC only games that are like the ElderScrolls series, that aren't available on a console? I believe there's a newer Might & Magic game that's like ElderScrolls, am I right? Thanks for your input.
Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts
having you considered something like World of Warcraft?
Zam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Zam
Member since 2002 • 2048 Posts
Look up Gothic 2 and 3
JannettyTRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JannettyTRocker
Oh yeah, one of the main reasons why I'm buying a better PC is to finally get to play World Of Warcraft, that's a definite buy for me.............But I also love games like the Elder Scrolls series.........thanks for the tips, I'm going to look in to the Gothic series now.
person69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 person69
Member since 2006 • 475 Posts

your text annoys the crap out of me, no need at all

darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts

your text annoys the crap out of me, no need at all

person69
Agreed and yes gothic 3 is the way to go though it is quite buggy.
mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts
Oh yeah, one of the main reasons why I'm buying a better PC is to finally get to play World Of Warcraft, that's a definite buy for me.............But I also love games like the Elder Scrolls series.........thanks for the tips, I'm going to look in to the Gothic series now.JannettyTRocker
When you're ready to buy, make sure to head over to the PC Hardware section of Gamespot, as we are all here to help you :) Yes, and there are plenty of games coming later this year, make sure to keep your eye out for Dragon Age by Bioware coming at the end of the year, hopefully. And it's exclusive to the PC. Also, make sure to check one of the top threads here on this forum called Why it's worth being a PC Gamer in 2007, as it lists a boat load of games that might peak your interest.
JannettyTRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JannettyTRocker
[QUOTE="JannettyTRocker"]Oh yeah, one of the main reasons why I'm buying a better PC is to finally get to play World Of Warcraft, that's a definite buy for me.............But I also love games like the Elder Scrolls series.........thanks for the tips, I'm going to look in to the Gothic series now.mismajor99
When you're ready to buy, make sure to head over to the PC Hardware section of Gamespot, as we are all here to help you :) Yes, and there are plenty of games coming later this year, make sure to keep your eye out for Dragon Age by Bioware coming at the end of the year, hopefully. And it's exclusive to the PC. Also, make sure to check one of the top threads here on this forum called Why it's worth being a PC Gamer in 2007, as it lists a boat load of games that might peak your interest.

Cool, thanks! I appreciate the tips, and I'll check all of that out.

Gorgon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gorgon_
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Arx Fatalis isn't as good as Morrowind, but It has similar gameplay and isn't a bad game
dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts
Arx Fatalis isn't as good as Morrowind, but It has similar gameplay and isn't a bad gameGorgon_
Blasphemy! Arx Fatalis is a fantastic RPG. Well... at least in my eyes.
Draconis89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Draconis89
Member since 2004 • 33 Posts

Well if you want to play real crpgs, I would say play Baldur's Gate I and II, Planescape: Torment, FallOut 1 and 2 and Icewind Dale 1 and 2. You can get them for pretty cheap now and these are great rpgs and how they should be made. Games like Oblivion are just main stream dumbed down rpgs not worth your time or money.

Sephiroth__666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Sephiroth__666
Member since 2006 • 1261 Posts
Look up Gothic 2 and 3Zam

Yeah, Gothic 3, if you can real with the million bugs, its a pretty good game.
d_agra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 d_agra
Member since 2003 • 1777 Posts

Well if you want to play real crpgs, I would say play Baldur's Gate I and II, Planescape: Torment, FallOut 1 and 2 and Icewind Dale 1 and 2. You can get them for pretty cheap now and these are great rpgs and how they should be made. Games like Oblivion are just main stream dumbed down rpgs not worth your time or money.

Draconis89

True!!

Gorgon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gorgon_
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Im totally agree naming Fallout. It's one of my favourites RPGs.
JimmyLuong25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 JimmyLuong25
Member since 2006 • 129 Posts
If you machine can handle i say you try gothic 3.Try to update it at the lastest patch if you don't want to go aroud with an punch of bug.I have finished the game quite ago and now i'm looking to playit agian.The only series of game that i have replayed it was Gothic an Oblivion cause they offer many diffrent type gameplay.I usually end up in an mage-warrior-ranger class in Gothic so it make me uber strong.
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
having you considered something like World of Warcraft?Qixote
If you have then just skip it.