PC Games like Oblivion/Morrowind

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by JannettyTRocker (1160 posts) -
I'm thinking about buying a new gaming PC, but I've never been much of a PC gamer (as I'm a console gamer). Can anybody tell me of any PC only games that are like the ElderScrolls series, that aren't available on a console? I believe there's a newer Might & Magic game that's like ElderScrolls, am I right? Thanks for your input.
#2 Posted by Qixote (10655 posts) -
having you considered something like World of Warcraft?
#3 Posted by Zam (2048 posts) -
Look up Gothic 2 and 3
#4 Posted by JannettyTRocker (1160 posts) -
Oh yeah, one of the main reasons why I'm buying a better PC is to finally get to play World Of Warcraft, that's a definite buy for me.............But I also love games like the Elder Scrolls series.........thanks for the tips, I'm going to look in to the Gothic series now.
#5 Posted by person69 (475 posts) -

your text annoys the crap out of me, no need at all

#6 Posted by darklord888 (8382 posts) -

your text annoys the crap out of me, no need at all

person69
Agreed and yes gothic 3 is the way to go though it is quite buggy.
#7 Posted by mismajor99 (5657 posts) -
Oh yeah, one of the main reasons why I'm buying a better PC is to finally get to play World Of Warcraft, that's a definite buy for me.............But I also love games like the Elder Scrolls series.........thanks for the tips, I'm going to look in to the Gothic series now.JannettyTRocker
When you're ready to buy, make sure to head over to the PC Hardware section of Gamespot, as we are all here to help you :) Yes, and there are plenty of games coming later this year, make sure to keep your eye out for Dragon Age by Bioware coming at the end of the year, hopefully. And it's exclusive to the PC. Also, make sure to check one of the top threads here on this forum called Why it's worth being a PC Gamer in 2007, as it lists a boat load of games that might peak your interest.
#8 Posted by JannettyTRocker (1160 posts) -
[QUOTE="JannettyTRocker"]Oh yeah, one of the main reasons why I'm buying a better PC is to finally get to play World Of Warcraft, that's a definite buy for me.............But I also love games like the Elder Scrolls series.........thanks for the tips, I'm going to look in to the Gothic series now.mismajor99
When you're ready to buy, make sure to head over to the PC Hardware section of Gamespot, as we are all here to help you :) Yes, and there are plenty of games coming later this year, make sure to keep your eye out for Dragon Age by Bioware coming at the end of the year, hopefully. And it's exclusive to the PC. Also, make sure to check one of the top threads here on this forum called Why it's worth being a PC Gamer in 2007, as it lists a boat load of games that might peak your interest.

Cool, thanks! I appreciate the tips, and I'll check all of that out.

#9 Posted by Gorgon_ (22 posts) -
Arx Fatalis isn't as good as Morrowind, but It has similar gameplay and isn't a bad game
#10 Posted by dnuggs40 (10484 posts) -
Arx Fatalis isn't as good as Morrowind, but It has similar gameplay and isn't a bad gameGorgon_
Blasphemy! Arx Fatalis is a fantastic RPG. Well... at least in my eyes.
#11 Posted by Draconis89 (33 posts) -

Well if you want to play real crpgs, I would say play Baldur's Gate I and II, Planescape: Torment, FallOut 1 and 2 and Icewind Dale 1 and 2. You can get them for pretty cheap now and these are great rpgs and how they should be made. Games like Oblivion are just main stream dumbed down rpgs not worth your time or money.

#12 Posted by Sephiroth__666 (1262 posts) -
Look up Gothic 2 and 3Zam

Yeah, Gothic 3, if you can real with the million bugs, its a pretty good game.
#13 Posted by d_agra (1771 posts) -

Well if you want to play real crpgs, I would say play Baldur's Gate I and II, Planescape: Torment, FallOut 1 and 2 and Icewind Dale 1 and 2. You can get them for pretty cheap now and these are great rpgs and how they should be made. Games like Oblivion are just main stream dumbed down rpgs not worth your time or money.

Draconis89

True!!

#14 Posted by Gorgon_ (22 posts) -
Im totally agree naming Fallout. It's one of my favourites RPGs.
#15 Posted by JimmyLuong25 (129 posts) -
If you machine can handle i say you try gothic 3.Try to update it at the lastest patch if you don't want to go aroud with an punch of bug.I have finished the game quite ago and now i'm looking to playit agian.The only series of game that i have replayed it was Gothic an Oblivion cause they offer many diffrent type gameplay.I usually end up in an mage-warrior-ranger class in Gothic so it make me uber strong.
#16 Posted by BounceDK (7350 posts) -
having you considered something like World of Warcraft?Qixote
If you have then just skip it.