PC Game Screenshot Thread - Post your Screenshots here!

#501 Edited by uninspiredcup (6979 posts) -

Asseto Corsa

#502 Posted by GarySpot (89 posts) -
#504 Edited by Zloth2 (857 posts) -

Time for some X3:TC screenshots! Some of these use the DDTC mod.

(definitely a DDTC ship... it's the Boron A-Wing!)

(Another DDTC ship - kudos if you can recognize where it comes from)

(That's one we all know)

Now let's bring on the Rebirth!

#505 Edited by the_bi99man (11028 posts) -

Dat Burial at Sea Part 1. Liking it so far.

#506 Posted by wis3boi (30921 posts) -

^ Elizabeth looking dapper as fuck

#507 Edited by alan_carter (1404 posts) -

Batman Arkham Origins is a good example of not changing something that's already great, and even get to improve it

City atmosphere is so different and young Batman is so raw and nice

#508 Posted by the_bi99man (11028 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

She's pretty damn dapper.

#509 Edited by Zloth2 (857 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

Looks kinda odd in that last shot, though. Have you got your Field of View cranked up?

#510 Posted by the_bi99man (11028 posts) -

@Zloth2 said:

@the_bi99man said:

@wis3boi said:

Looks kinda odd in that last shot, though. Have you got your Field of View cranked up?

Yeah I do. It's damn near twice as wide as the maximum default on the options menu slider. Can't stand dat tunnel vision, and I don't mind a little distortion near the edges.

#511 Posted by Zloth2 (857 posts) -

@the_bi99man: Heh - I'm exactly the opposite. I use those FoV sliders to push it down until the corners look pretty normal. Portal 2 drives me nuts because the FoV is so high! (It's even worse under 3D Vision. Not only are things in the corner warped, they're twice as close as they should be. It's downright sickening.)

#512 Posted by the_bi99man (11028 posts) -

@Zloth2: Hahaha. Yeah, the inflating of the size of objects near the edges of the screen can get pretty bad, especially if you go super wide. I like a FOV like 85-90 degrees, which is just about what Portal 2 is, I think. Hahaha. So many games these days have such narrow views, it bugs me. Needing to turn so much to get a full 360 degree view. And even games that have sliders, it seems like the widest option on the slider is still only like 75. I think that's what Bioshock Infinite had by default. That's why I dug up the INI file and changed it so I could get it to 90-ish. Sometimes during cutscenes, or canned animations, I see the back of Booker's shoulders, as if they're hovering in front of me, but never during actual gameplay, so I don't really mind. Totally worth it, for a more natural FOV. Plus, it seems to me that a glitch like that wouldn't happen, no matter how wide the FOV was, if it were actually being properly adjusted. But I think the FOV adjustment in Infinite just moves the camera backwards, farther away from the front of the character model. In Bioshock 2, I could set the FOV to 100 degrees or even more, without getting distortion of my own arms in front of me.

#513 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22108 posts) -

thread looks kinda dead these days. not enough updates here.

where would be the best place to upload pictures at the same time like imageshack?

#514 Posted by Jd1680a (5898 posts) -

I was so bored yesterday, so I decided to return to Don't Starve. The game Don't Starve for what ever reason don't work with Fraps and there is no way for me to post screenshots of my progress.

I had a lucky break this morning, I found the buffalos and they were attacking a bee hive and killed some bees and some buffalos were killed so I was able to get their meat and horns.

#515 Posted by Horgen (109961 posts) -

where would be the best place to upload pictures at the same time like imageshack?

GS has their own. Click on the Img icon/text

#516 Posted by Cobra_nVidia (1384 posts) -

Hurray for X3: TC screenies!

Here's some Rise of Nations!

#517 Posted by blangenakker (2072 posts) -

Gotten back into Planetside 2 now that it is actually playable for me now during firefights. All graphics setting are set the lowest because old PC hardware.

#519 Posted by the_bi99man (11028 posts) -

@TheShadowLord07 said:

GS has their own. Click on the Img icon/text

Yup. Gamespot hosts the images themselves now. So, you can upload straight from your computer to GS. And you might as well just do that, unless you intend to post the images somewhere else, too, since GS doesn't actually allow image linking anymore (linked images are also copied to GS's servers, and re-hosted). Which seems stupid as hell, to me. Besides the fact that GS compresses the images once they're linked/uploaded, so they don't look right, it's also just needless redundancy, and will eventually eat up tons of space on their servers, for no good reason. Just another one of the terrible changes, which has certainly contributed to the forums being fuckin ghost towns since the remodel.

To answer your question though, ShadowLord, use Minus.com for hosting images, if you don't want to just have them only on Gamespot. Imageshack and photobucket have file size limits that usually make uncompressed PNG images off-limits, and they automatically resize the images, even when you tell them not to, because they won't host a full size 1920x1080 image. Minus has no image or file size limitations (or, if they do, they're huge and won't cause any problems), and a great layout, and they don't even require an email address to set up an account. Just pick a username and password.

#520 Posted by Zloth2 (857 posts) -

I've got a character I've been using for many years now named Tesslah. She was born back in Asheron's Call when I looked out into the world and saw almost nothing but white guys. So I made a new character that was my opposite: male became female, hairy became bald, white became black... only the height stayed the same. I've been playing various incarnations for over a decade now. Some fit the mold better than others.

Asheron's Call version

Anarchy Online didn't work out so well.

Well that didn't upload right and I can't delete it. Let's try again...

There we go, Asheron's Call 2 worked out nicely.

Dark Age of Camelot didn't.

Star Wars Online

Auto Assault

City of Heroes (where she finally got to use her electricity and live up to her name)

Guild Wars 2 (I didn't notice that Nords could be bald before I made her - ah well)

And lest you think I'm doing nothing but MMO's

The real "femshep".

#521 Posted by the_bi99man (11028 posts) -

Been playin dat Burial at Sea. Actually finished it already. It was very short. I enjoyed the ride, but it felt rushed.

I had a couple screens, but apparently gamespot's image uploading/linking is broken. Again. For the like the 5th time since the redesign. Wouldn't be having these problems if they'd just let me link the images through Minus like I used to...

#522 Edited by agpickle (3293 posts) -

GSC 2013

Sick fwd drifts :p

#523 Edited by mhofever (3952 posts) -

Assassin's Creed IV : Black Flag.

The most beautiful AC game to date. Frames are choppy sometimes but playable. More interesting and tons of personality in this one compared to the sterile AC III. I would say it'll be up there next to AC2 as one of the better AC games.

#524 Posted by pl4yer_f0und (964 posts) -

@agpickle: What wheel do you use? I hear oval racing really demands a good wheel.

#525 Edited by blangenakker (2072 posts) -

More Planetside 2

#526 Edited by bobbetybob (19089 posts) -

A bit of Alan Wake courtesy of the Humble Store sales. Such a great PC port, it stands up incredibly well for a 3 year old game built for a console, shame that it's hard to show off how great the lighting is in screenshots.

#527 Posted by agpickle (3293 posts) -

@pl4yer_f0und: I use a G27. It's a bit pricey, but it's definitely worth it if you are into racing sims. I've heard good things about the Driving Force GT if you are looking for something cheaper.

#528 Posted by bobbetybob (19089 posts) -

Played an hour or so of AC4, it's so much better than 3 already, I actually got to do things!!!

#529 Posted by Ben-Buja (2721 posts) -

Played an hour or so of AC4, it's so much better than 3 already, I actually got to do things!!!

How's your performance? I'm getting 30-40 fps maxed out with TXAAx2. A bit disappointing that they still haven't managed to optimize their game more.

Gonna post some screenshots later

#530 Posted by bobbetybob (19089 posts) -
@Ben-Buja said:

@bobbetybob said:

How's your performance? I'm getting 30-40 fps maxed out with TXAAx2. A bit disappointing that they still haven't managed to optimize their game more.

Gonna post some screenshots later

Similar sort of performance to you really but using SMAA cause of AMD. I heard there's a few settings you can lower slightly to get a lot of extra performance so I'm gonna have a fiddle with it later and see if I can get to 60 without sacrificing too much.

#531 Posted by Ben-Buja (2721 posts) -

Yeah, it has some extremely performance hungry settings, especially soft shadows. You can tell they slapped some DX11 effects on a 7th gen engine though and I think the character models are especially disappointing. Even GTA V on PS3 has better character models...

Besides these performance and graphics woes the game starts off much faster than AC3 and I'm really liking it so far.

#532 Posted by mhofever (3952 posts) -

Shiver me timbers, Black Flag is really good and I've had a 10 hour sitting the whole day just playing it! The map is massive and it's loads of fun roaming the seas, boarding ships, hearing your crew singing shanties and what not. Havana's rooftops remind me a bit of AC2.

#533 Posted by couly (5795 posts) -

How are AC4''s graphics compared to FC 3?

#534 Posted by Cobra_nVidia (1384 posts) -

YARRR!!!!

#535 Edited by mhofever (3952 posts) -

@couly: Possibly the best looking Ubisoft game out at the moment (until Watch Dogs releases). The game looks great in motion.

I'm 22 hours in and still not finished with the main sequences. There's a ton of things to do in this game, and the map is really huge.

#536 Posted by Jd1680a (5898 posts) -

Been designing and launching rockets into space in Kerbal Space Program.

#537 Edited by Ben-Buja (2721 posts) -

More Assassin's Creed IV

#539 Posted by gazilla25 (1 posts) -

#540 Posted by mhofever (3952 posts) -
@Ben-Buja said:

More Assassin's Creed IV

Awesome screens, how do you manage to take them without the character in it? I believe the HUD is toggleable via the options menu, right?

#541 Posted by Ben-Buja (2721 posts) -

@mhofever: Yes the HUD is toggleable via the options menu. I was standing close to something with my character and turned the camera around so you couldn't see him for these shots^^

#542 Edited by mhofever (3952 posts) -

@Ben-Buja: Any chance seeing glitch, bloopers and silly stuffs for AC 4? :)

I came across a few funny ones, there was one where my ship was invisible when I docked at Tulum and my crew fell from the sky and drowned.

#543 Posted by Ben-Buja (2721 posts) -

@mhofever said:

@Ben-Buja: Any chance seeing glitch, bloopers and silly stuffs for AC 4? :)

I came across a few funny ones, there was one where my ship was invisible when I docked at Tulum and my crew fell from the sky and drowned.

lol nice one, i've had a similar one 3 minutes after starting the game. My whole beginning experience was so glitched that i made a quick video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EErc9Wrpx8

Yeah, I'll definitely make one with ACIV. I'm working on a time lapse video first though

#544 Posted by couly (5795 posts) -

Amazing AC4 pics!!

#545 Posted by the_bi99man (11028 posts) -

Bioshock. OG shit.

#546 Edited by Jd1680a (5898 posts) -

State of Decay came out on the PC last month. Ive seen gameplay of this game from other people on the Xbox 360 and was excited to play this game. So far I really like this game.

One small beef about this game is each time when you return to HQ from picking up loot from houses and stores, it would say the same three lines. It does get tiring really fast the same line the 20th time.

#547 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16130 posts) -

@Ben-Buja: Those are some amazing looking screens. Is that the vanilla version ?

#548 Posted by Ben-Buja (2721 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: Thanks! It's not exactly vanilla. I did some slight tweaking with Sweet FX. Added some sharpening to counter TXAAs blurring, some contrast and a bit of vibrance.

They're minimal changes though

#549 Edited by realguitarhero5 (3900 posts) -

I'm back. I miss posting here, guys, but the new forums are very hard to use.

So here's something truly unique... my first Vagrant, ever.

What's up with the awful image quality? This was linked straight from Steam...

#550 Posted by the_bi99man (11028 posts) -

@realguitarhero5: Well steam doesn't have that great of image quality to begin with, but also, GS doesn't link images anymore. Even when they're linked, they're copied to GS's servers, and re-hosted. And GS compresses them, obviously. Yet another awful change.