PC Game Controllers Reccomendation

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6789 posts) -

Hey, I'm looking for some pc game controllers to buy. I pretty much just want it to be comfortable, sturdy and not lacking in any way compared to a kb&m.

What would you recommend?

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (29996 posts) -
A PS3 controller.
#3 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6789 posts) -
A PS3 controller.MonsieurX
That could work? Did not know that lol, thanks.
#4 Posted by MonsieurX (29996 posts) -
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]A PS3 controller.Shottayouth13-

Blue tooth or using the usb cord.
#5 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6789 posts) -
[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"]A PS3 controller.MonsieurX

Blue tooth or using the usb cord.

Yeah.
#6 Posted by msfan1289 (1069 posts) -

360 controller just plug and play

#7 Posted by Aldouz (1203 posts) -
Logitech F710
#8 Posted by Masenkoe (4888 posts) -

Comfort - PS3 controller

Easy and fast - 360 controller

#9 Posted by C_Rule (9740 posts) -

There's no gamepad that's going to be anywhere near as good as M/KB for games which are best with M/KB.
The best gamepad for PC would have to be the 360 gamepad, it's pretty much plug and play.

#10 Posted by NoodleFighter (7034 posts) -

Razer Onza

I own one my self :D

#11 Posted by LongZhiZi (2453 posts) -

Comfort - PS3 controller

Easy and fast - 360 controller

Masenkoe
This. The PS3 is the better controller overall, but you have to use some 3rd party drivers that don't want to default to a proper setting. That's why getting a 360 controller is easier, though it doesn't work as well for games not designed for it.
#12 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3771 posts) -
360 controller... I wanted to play Dirt 3 but couldn't because Moitionjoy which is the driver for PS3 controllers for PC started having issues with my Dual Shock 3 with this game and some others. Personally I find the 360 controller far more comfortable and the fact that it's essentially plug and play its really the only logical choice.
#13 Posted by thphaca (202 posts) -

For compatibility, the 360 controller. I'm sure there's other great controllers, but allot of console ports and even Crysis has instant 360 controller support. You'd just have to make sure to get a wireless reciever.

#14 Posted by Kendog87 (1111 posts) -

Wired XBOX 360 controller, or Wireless with a reciever.

#15 Posted by anolecrabcf (658 posts) -

Razer Onza

I own one my self :D

NoodleFighter
I would advise against it. The D-pad is horrible, so bad it hurts your thumb. Plus Razer doesn't really do "quality" products I had one and the second joystick stopped working, I got a replacement and that one broke too :S.
#16 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23498 posts) -
ps3 controller for platformers 360 controller for racing games/fps(why wud u want to play a fps with a controller nyway) but yeah you need ds3toolk for ps3 controller, let's you emulate a 360 pad.
#17 Posted by seercirra (305 posts) -

i have a saitek ps1000. cheap but actually a pretty good controller. well made. only use it for tekken vs sf and racing games though.

#18 Posted by NamelessPlayer (7729 posts) -
Logitech F510 (wired) or F710 (wireless). Tight analog sticks with no center play, DirectInput/XInput mode switch for excellent overall game compatibility, and they're quite comfortable. If you're a bit more tech-savvy, try a DualShock 3 with MotioninJoy or any other drivers you can find. You might just find the analog buttons useful. (Not kidding about that; L1, R1, the face buttons, and even the D-Pad are all pressure-sensitive.) Alternatively, try an Xbox Controller S (with USB adapter cable) with XBCD, if you don't mind the typical high center play of Microsoft analog sticks. They'll permit more flexibility in DirectInput games, and you can get XInput support using X360CE.
#19 Posted by Silicel1 (2342 posts) -
As mentioned already by others the 360 and ps3 are your best bet.
#20 Posted by jedikevin2 (5203 posts) -
PS2 Controller and a usb to ps2 converter. Have not had a issue outside of games where they ONLY accept 360 controller layout. On those games, there are ways to work around.
#21 Posted by BlackDevil99 (2329 posts) -

the wired 360 controller is my pick, but if you prefer the dualshock 3 just grab a longer cord and you're good to go.

#22 Posted by famicommander (8524 posts) -
[QUOTE="NamelessPlayer"]Logitech F510 (wired) or F710 (wireless). Tight analog sticks with no center play, DirectInput/XInput mode switch for excellent overall game compatibility, and they're quite comfortable. .

This. Or, if you don't care about rumble, the F310. It's a 510 with no rumble. But I use the F510 on a daily basis and it trashes the Xbox 360 and PS3 pads.
#23 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23498 posts) -
[QUOTE="famicommander"][QUOTE="NamelessPlayer"]Logitech F510 (wired) or F710 (wireless). Tight analog sticks with no center play, DirectInput/XInput mode switch for excellent overall game compatibility, and they're quite comfortable. .

This. Or, if you don't care about rumble, the F310. It's a 510 with no rumble. But I use the F510 on a daily basis and it trashes the Xbox 360 and PS3 pads.

no it's worse don't believe them triggers too hard to press it's too bulky buttons are meh it specializes at nothing either go 360 or ps3 controller
#24 Posted by NamelessPlayer (7729 posts) -
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]no it's worse don't believe them triggers too hard to press it's too bulky buttons are meh it specializes at nothing either go 360 or ps3 controller

I don't have a problem with the increased LT/RT spring resistance (if anything, it's better for racing games if you don't have the money for a wheel and pedals), it's not that bulky (you don't know bulky until you've laid hands on the original, pre-Controller S Xbox pads) and overall, I find it a better gamepad than Microsoft's own Xbox 360 gamepads, in no small part due to the analog sticks, the D-Pad, and far better DirectInput support (although it still loses to Microsoft pads with XBCD there). The DualShock 3 is technically superior to just about anything out there, but you'd better be tech-savvy if you want to try using one of those on a PC. Even then, the altered L2/R2 feel rather weird and unergonomic without any sort of trigger caps on them.
#25 Posted by Diwashb (519 posts) -

Hey, I'm looking for some pc game controllers to buy. I pretty much just want it to be comfortable, sturdy and not lacking in any way compared to a kb&m.

What would you recommend?

Shottayouth13-
Just get the xbox 360 controller or the razer xbox 360 controller......
#26 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23498 posts) -
[QUOTE="NamelessPlayer"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]no it's worse don't believe them triggers too hard to press it's too bulky buttons are meh it specializes at nothing either go 360 or ps3 controller

I don't have a problem with the increased LT/RT spring resistance (if anything, it's better for racing games if you don't have the money for a wheel and pedals), it's not that bulky (you don't know bulky until you've laid hands on the original, pre-Controller S Xbox pads) and overall, I find it a better gamepad than Microsoft's own Xbox 360 gamepads, in no small part due to the analog sticks, the D-Pad, and far better DirectInput support (although it still loses to Microsoft pads with XBCD there). The DualShock 3 is technically superior to just about anything out there, but you'd better be tech-savvy if you want to try using one of those on a PC. Even then, the altered L2/R2 feel rather weird and unergonomic without any sort of trigger caps on them.

i've used the original xbox controller i like it more than the logitech i don't like the triggers on the f710 it hurts my fingers after a while