PC developer Sierra Interactive is back from the dead?!?

#1 Edited by SaintSatan (946 posts) -
Loading Video...

#2 Posted by illmatic87 (15448 posts) -

Yeah, but doesnt Activision own them?

Pretty sure Activision aquired what's left of them ages ago. So expect an Activision published game.

PS. Sierra > LucasArts back in the day :P

#3 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26236 posts) -

Interesting. Wonder what Activision will use this label for. I would guess some kind of small indie publisher or something for niche/PC games.

#4 Edited by airshocker (30822 posts) -

@ChubbyGuy40 said:

Interesting. Wonder what Activision will use this label for. I would guess some kind of small indie publisher or something for niche/PC games.

As much as I want another Star Siege, Activison will not put out niche games. It just will never happen.

#5 Posted by MlauTheDaft (4355 posts) -

It's in name only, so I'll reserve my hype for now ;)

#6 Posted by Planeforger (16153 posts) -

I wonder if they'll be publishing this year's Gabriel Knight 20th Anniversary Edition.

#7 Posted by ferrari2001 (17232 posts) -

Sierra was the shit back in the day. Good to see they might be getting back in the game.

#8 Edited by Doozie78 (524 posts) -

Nice, I really hope they can avoid having Activision touch fuck up their games. I'm happy to see them return, they were a favorite of mine back in the old 386 days.

#9 Posted by EskeenGulag (13 posts) -

Sierra, unless Activision has you making the same type of games you had in the 90's...they might just rip you off

#10 Edited by iwilson1296 (2214 posts) -

A new SWAT would be nice, but with activision around it would probably end up more like CoD so who knows