PC Controller - Mafia 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

callan_walsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 callan_walsh
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I tried to play mafia 2 with my usb pad, but it didnt work, i googled around and found out that it only allows xbox 360 pads. So i find a xbox 360 pad emulator, and it works fine, its smooth and connects to mafia 2 with no problems. The way that it reads my pad, and inputs it into the game is what is the problem. I had to do some tinkering around with the ini file, and i got my back triggers working fine, but my right analogue stick is being emulated to look up when i rotate it to the left, and down when i rotate it to the right. This means i cannot turn around in Mafia 2, and is really annoying as i cannot pass the start of the game. The emulator does it correctly when i hold down the analogue button on my pad, but this is a old function and in games that i have played, it has no actual use and doesnt work in mafia 2. These are the setting on the ini file [Options] UseInitBeep=1 #use 0 to 1; default 1; beep on init Log=0 #use 0 to 1; creates a log file in folder 'x360ce logs' UseAutoReInit=0 #use 0 to 1; default 0; Reinit if Rumble fails (DIERR_NOTEXCLUSIVEACQUIRED) use only for game like Need For Speed SHIFT #Generic Rumble Controller [PAD1] Index=0 #controller index in system game controllers list; 0 is first; -1 to ignore this pad Failsafe=0 #failsafe mode (DISCL_BACKGROUND) use only for games like Bionic Commando Left Analog X=1 #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable Left Analog Y=-2 #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable Right Analog X=3 #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable Right Analog Y=-6 #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable Left Analog X Linear=0 #-100 to +100 raise this number to increase sensitivity near center Left Analog Y Linear=0 #-100 to +100 raise this number to increase sensitivity near center Right Analog X Linear=0 #-100 to +100 raise this number to increase sensitivity near center Right Analog Y Linear=0 #-100 to +100 raise this number to increase sensitivity near center Left Analog X+ Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable Left Analog X- Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable Left Analog Y+ Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable Left Analog Y- Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable Right Analog X+ Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable Right Analog X- Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable Right Analog Y+ Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable Right Analog Y- Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable D-pad POV=1 #POV index; 0 to disable D-pad Up=0 #button id; 0 to disable D-pad Down=0 #button id; 0 to disable D-pad Left=0 #button id; 0 to disable D-pad Right=0 #button id; 0 to disable A=2 #button id; 0 to disable B=3 #button id; 0 to disable X=1 #button id; 0 to disable Y=4 #button id; 0 to disable Left Shoulder=7 #button id; 0 to disable Right Shoulder=8 #button id; 0 to disable Back=9 #button id; 0 to disable Start=10 #button id; 0 to disable Left Thumb=11 #button id; 0 to disable Right Thumb=12 #button id; 0 to disable TriggerDeadzone=0 #use 0 to 256; default 0; add deadzone to trigger Left Trigger=5 #button id; precede with 'a' for an axis; 's' for a slider; Right Trigger=6 #button id; precede with 'a' for an axis; 's' for a slider; UseForceFeedback=1 #use 0 to 1; default 0 SwapMotor=0 #use 0 to 1; default 0 ForcePercent=100 #use 0 to 100; default 100 #all other options currently has no effect I have a Saitek P2600 Rumble Other than standard buttons features, it has a rumble button, a analogue button, a fps button and a dotted circle around the right analogue stick with the words mouse look underneath. If anyone could help me via correcting my ini settings, or general help i would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance :)
mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts
[QUOTE="callan_walsh"]I tried to play mafia 2 with my usb pad, but it didnt work, i googled around and found out that it only allows xbox 360 pads. So i find a xbox 360 pad emulator, and it works fine, its smooth and connects to mafia 2 with no problems. The way that it reads my pad, and inputs it into the game is what is the problem. I had to do some tinkering around with the ini file, and i got my back triggers working fine, but my right analogue stick is being emulated to look up when i rotate it to the left, and down when i rotate it to the right. This means i cannot turn around in Mafia 2, and is really annoying as i cannot pass the start of the game. The emulator does it correctly when i hold down the analogue button on my pad, but this is a old function and in games that i have played, it has no actual use and doesnt work in mafia 2. These are the setting on the ini file [Options] UseInitBeep=1 #use 0 to 1; default 1; beep on init Log=0 #use 0 to 1; creates a log file in folder 'x360ce logs' UseAutoReInit=0 #use 0 to 1; default 0; Reinit if Rumble fails (DIERR_NOTEXCLUSIVEACQUIRED) use only for game like Need For Speed SHIFT #Generic Rumble Controller [PAD1] Index=0 #controller index in system game controllers list; 0 is first; -1 to ignore this pad Failsafe=0 #failsafe mode (DISCL_BACKGROUND) use only for games like Bionic Commando Left Analog X=1 #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable Left Analog Y=-2 #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable Right Analog X=3 #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable Right Analog Y=-6 #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable Left Analog X Linear=0 #-100 to +100 raise this number to increase sensitivity near center Left Analog Y Linear=0 #-100 to +100 raise this number to increase sensitivity near center Right Analog X Linear=0 #-100 to +100 raise this number to increase sensitivity near center Right Analog Y Linear=0 #-100 to +100 raise this number to increase sensitivity near center Left Analog X+ Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable Left Analog X- Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable Left Analog Y+ Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable Left Analog Y- Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable Right Analog X+ Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable Right Analog X- Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable Right Analog Y+ Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable Right Analog Y- Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable D-pad POV=1 #POV index; 0 to disable D-pad Up=0 #button id; 0 to disable D-pad Down=0 #button id; 0 to disable D-pad Left=0 #button id; 0 to disable D-pad Right=0 #button id; 0 to disable A=2 #button id; 0 to disable B=3 #button id; 0 to disable X=1 #button id; 0 to disable Y=4 #button id; 0 to disable Left Shoulder=7 #button id; 0 to disable Right Shoulder=8 #button id; 0 to disable Back=9 #button id; 0 to disable Start=10 #button id; 0 to disable Left Thumb=11 #button id; 0 to disable Right Thumb=12 #button id; 0 to disable TriggerDeadzone=0 #use 0 to 256; default 0; add deadzone to trigger Left Trigger=5 #button id; precede with 'a' for an axis; 's' for a slider; Right Trigger=6 #button id; precede with 'a' for an axis; 's' for a slider; UseForceFeedback=1 #use 0 to 1; default 0 SwapMotor=0 #use 0 to 1; default 0 ForcePercent=100 #use 0 to 100; default 100 #all other options currently has no effect I have a Saitek P2600 Rumble Other than standard buttons features, it has a rumble button, a analogue button, a fps button and a dotted circle around the right analogue stick with the words mouse look underneath. If anyone could help me via correcting my ini settings, or general help i would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance :)

I would just buy a 360 controller tbh. I have a saitek controller myself that's layed out like the 360 controller. Games detect it as 360 a controller no probs and even works with the xbox.
carloas27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 carloas27
Member since 2004 • 156 Posts

reopen .ini and edit to, right analog x=6, right analog y=-3 , change this in the original (xbox360ce) folder not just the game you are playing, to ensure compatibility