PC 2-player off-line single console two controller games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by rossfwalker (1 posts) -

I'm trying to find PC games where two players can play on a single computer/single screen using two separate controllers/joysticks. It doesn't matter if the game is split-screen or full screen, nor does it matter if the game is cooperative or competitive. I'm not after "hotswapping" where players take turns by using a single controller. So far I have listed the following games but I think some of them may be single controller hotswapping games (let me know if this is the case). Can anybody add to this list (especially more recently released games)?

Worms

Alien V pred 2 (pc)

Civilization 4 (hotswapping only?)

Doom 2 / Quake

Galactic Civilizations II (hotswapping only?)

Gears of War

Hidden & Dangerous 2

Lego-Star Wars

Medieval II: Total War: Kingdoms expansion (hotswapping only?)

Obscure

Operation Flash Point

Serious Sam 1 & 2

X Men Legends

#2 Posted by nevereathim (2161 posts) -
I don't think you can do that with any of those games except for worms, PC games DON'T have split screen, you need to play online for co-op
#3 Posted by thanatose (2465 posts) -
I know games like worms and the earlier Civilization games offered multiplayer on one PC but there haven't been any PC games that use split screen like the consoles. You can play co-op over a lan or online but that's the only way it can be done on the PC.
#4 Posted by mirautaj (326 posts) -

Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (2 player co-op)

Virtua Tennis 3

Monster Madness: Battle for Suburbia (4 player co-op)

Shadowgrounds & Shadowgrounds Survivor (4 player co-op)

#5 Posted by zeus_gb (7792 posts) -

There's Shadowgrounds Survivor that allows for 2 players on one PC (multiple mice and keyboards).

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/shadowgroundssurvivor/player_review.html?id=533494

#6 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18415 posts) -
Some of the original NFS games.. not sure about the more recent ones. NFS, NFS2 etc had split screen on PC and you could use the one keyboard to play. Not sure if you could use controllers or not.
#7 Posted by TeknoMaX (2 posts) -

Nevereathim, you're TOTALLY wrong, there ARE a bunch of games that have split-screen on pc, specially racing old ones.

Ia m also looking for the same! So, i know some...

I might Add:

Obscure 2 (totally recommended!)

Every Single goddamned FIFA and Pro Evolution Soccer

Top Spin 1 & 2

House of The Dead 1, 2 & 3 (the third looks neat and it's pretty recent, but we prefered the second one)

Worms Blast

...And AvP2 is not 2p man... I have it and nope, it's not co-op... and I'm pretty sure the Serious Sam and Hidden and Dangerous aren't either. how I wish there are more games like the Obscures for PC and on the same comp... we have now Resident Evil 5, but this far I don't know if it's 2Player co-op.

I also have Monster Madness, but we couldn't make it work for more than one player on the same computer, so I have no idea if it's 4p offline...

Edited: I forgot!!! :

Crimsomland

Lord of The Rings: Return of The King

aaaaaaaaand! The best surprise! I found a cool website about co-op gaming! there are more games that I didn't know you could play with a friend, like Left 4 Dead!! (yes!! it's true!). Go check this: www.co-optimus.com

#8 Posted by jedinat (3560 posts) -

Trine... Street Fighter IV

edit: Geh, this is a really old thread someone dug up

#9 Posted by TeknoMaX (2 posts) -

...if you are going to add fighting games man... u_u there are TONS of them... including all the Mugens that can be played co-op!

Check the page I recommended.. there isn't every game listed there (they are missing the House of the Dead series and they ARE for Pc and ARE co-op on the same screen!)

TERMINATOR SALVATION IS CO-OP SPLIT-SCREEN!! yeeehaa! ^_^

#10 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (19818 posts) -
Left 4 Dead allows split screen on PC, one person can use the keyboard and mouse and the other can use a 360 controller. You can use this tutorial: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=745113 I'm pretty sure Left 4 Dead 2 will allow it also.
#11 Posted by joff2 (5 posts) -

are you saying there are no split screen pc games,such a dissapointment:(

#12 Posted by wis3boi (31696 posts) -

old ass thread is old as ass

#13 Posted by joff2 (5 posts) -

any others.............

#14 Posted by joff2 (5 posts) -
pls dude any other
#15 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

Trine, I was playing co-op the other day, my sister used the 360 controller, and I used the mouse and keyboard.

#16 Posted by Loegi (1692 posts) -
Rayman Origins, Renegade Ops and Jamestown are a few with local play (I think only Renegade Ops could be splitscreen, could be wrong).
#17 Posted by kozzy1234 (35274 posts) -

NBA2k12, Worms and fifa12

#18 Posted by mav_destroyer (3062 posts) -
I was going to mention the football games but someone already did. Also I remember my bro using a mod or something to play Portal 2 in split screen 2 player co-op
#19 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (4089 posts) -

Worms is a turn based game that doesn't support gamepads or joysticks as far as I know.

I think that's about as close as you'll get to what you want on the games you've listed though.

#20 Posted by david0495 (363 posts) -

Dungeon Seige III

Shank

Lara Croft and the Guardian of light

#21 Posted by SaintJimmmy (2815 posts) -
Checkout awesomenauts its up to three player on the same computer you can play it online with your party too its like a 2-D Dota Really fun game to play with freinds most recent splitscreen pc game i've found as of late
#22 Posted by KHAndAnime (14233 posts) -
Something that rhymes with phlegmulators can be your best friend these days.
#23 Posted by 24pcall (19 posts) -

Shank

Trine 2

Trine

Street figher 4

#24 Posted by kozzy1234 (35274 posts) -

Worms is a turn based game that doesn't support gamepads or joysticks as far as I know.

I think that's about as close as you'll get to what you want on the games you've listed though.

Starshine_M2A2

What are you talking about, I played some Worms last week with a 360 controller, worked perfect......

#25 Posted by PetJel (3724 posts) -

I wish more games had this. Borderlands 2 would be perfect and actually beat the console on all aspects then.

I'd hook up my pc to my tv, friend brings over his controller, there ya go.

But instead I have to really deceide if I want the pc version for obvious reasons or the console version for splitscreen..

#26 Posted by Makari (15250 posts) -
super old thread! but was renegade ops any good on the PC? i played it on the 360 and it was awesome
#27 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (4089 posts) -

[QUOTE="Starshine_M2A2"]

kozzy1234

What are you talking about, I played some Worms last week with a 360 controller, worked perfect......

I said 'as far as I know'. I haven't played the Worms games since long before the 360 came out. Polite as ever...
#28 Posted by david0495 (363 posts) -

Kung Fu Strike is Local Co-op and is one sale for $2:50 for the daily sale on Steam.