PB INIT FAILURE on CoD4 Multiplayer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by R4iDeNx (1 posts) -

Hi all,

It seems whenever I kill anyone on CoD4 Multiplayer in a server that uses punk buster, I am kicked and the reason is PB Init failure. I was looking around for a solution the other day. One said to update my PB, and I did, but still nothing.

Any help? Thanks!

#2 Posted by hlcsbaby (188 posts) -

Hi,

I also had this problem. I went to evenbalance.com and downloaded the pbsetup file. After this, you can manually update CoD4 punkbuster files. Afterwards, everything worked fine.

#3 Posted by bbobb14 (1 posts) -
I've downloaded the Punkbuster manual update program, and I'm still getting kicked with the pb init failure. Any other ideas?
#4 Posted by OoSuperMarioO (6539 posts) -
Make sure you fully installed the PB update in your cod4 folder. Correct me if I'm a bit off.
#5 Posted by bobruun (5 posts) -
I know this thread's getting old, but I've got the same problem. I've updated Punkbuster via pbsetup, yet I'm still kicked from the game for PB INIT FAILUREs.
#6 Posted by lilkilla21 (1 posts) -

I've downloaded the Punkbuster manual update program, and I'm still getting kicked with the pb init failure. Any other ideas?bbobb14

yeah im still have the same issue, i have try to reinstall the game 3 times and still the same thing updated with pbsetup doesn't works, try on console pb_security 0 same thing...

#7 Posted by bzyczek77 (1 posts) -
Ok i found the solution " I Think " it did fix my problem ... you have to go to the PB folder and modify the pbsys.cfg file. Instead of 1 put 0. That solved my problem .. if it solved yours please pass this on to the other forums ... i only have access to this one.
#8 Posted by wowgliga (3 posts) -
hi all i have a problem with my cod4 when i try to join to server i get kick any 1 help?i have punkbuster but i dont know what do do with it.
#9 Posted by h1dd3n5had0w (2141 posts) -

Make sure PnkBstrA.exe is running under the system background. I had a similar problem with other games. Double check your msconfig to see if it got disabled for some reason.

#10 Posted by wowgliga (3 posts) -
i got kick again even i do that...
#11 Posted by wowgliga (3 posts) -
hmm i have only PnKBstrB not A
#12 Posted by kntowrry (7 posts) -

I had the same prob and what I did was go to evenbalance.com and read their information on setting up a client and server. What I really needed to do though was after the COD 4 update make sure, I reinstalled COD 4 on my Vista load, that PB was installed correctly. I used pbsetup.exe, make sure you have the new one. When you get this error your PB is not installed correctly so without having to reinstall make sure that PB is setup correctly and you can do that with the latest pbsetup.exe.

#13 Posted by Nithuniel64 (54 posts) -

Hi all,

It seems whenever I kill anyone on CoD4 Multiplayer in a server that uses punk buster, I am kicked and the reason is PB Init failure. I was looking around for a solution the other day. One said to update my PB, and I did, but still nothing.

Any help? Thanks!

R4iDeNx

You'd better post it here.

#14 Posted by sean63b (2 posts) -
what is pbsys.cfg file?? i have done all pbsetups and still am getting kicked for init failures and loseing key packets?? anybody got any ideas..