Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/free-games/on-the-house

It's been years since the last time I played it. Let's see how it holds up.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58631 Posts

To remind us of the days before EA turned into into a dubstep shooter.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

Ah, I loved that game. Especially one mission with a convoy and some important guy trying to reach a heliport. Hundreds and hundreds of people were lining the street and I highly enjoyed killing all of them.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

This and Syndicate Wars were both pretty cool. Syndicate had that great 2D art style and Wars was muddier but had 3D graphics and you could level the entire city. The recent "reboot" had so little to do with the original games it was just sad. Thanks for the heads up. I may already have this on some form of digital distribution but I'll be sure to add it to my library when I get back to the hotel.

Side note: There's a game that's a "spiritual successor" to the original Syndicate games called Satellite Reign that's by some of the original development team. It was a successful Kickstarter and it's now moved into Steam early access. It's still pretty early/rough in its current incarnation but it shows a lot of promise.

-Byshop

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

I second a vote for Satelite Reign. I have the early access but yea, it's still got a ways to go. Will be nice once finished tho.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

There used to be a gaming cafe (this was pre-internet) upstairs from my local video game arcade (back when there was such a thing). I worked at the company that supplied their gaming PCs and we used to play Syndicate Wars in multiplayer via LAN. The multiplayer mode didn't really keep score or anything so we would just play the game until the entire city was completely leveled and literally everyone was dead. At that point it got kind of boring, but we generally had a really fun time getting to that point. What's not to love about a nuclear hand grenade? Too bad the amount of collateral damage it generally caused was at the "Akira" level. :)

-Byshop

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11779 Posts

@dxmcat said:

I second a vote for Satelite Reign. I have the early access but yea, it's still got a ways to go. Will be nice once finished tho.

I'm looking forward to it as well. I backed it back during kickstarter.

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#8 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

best real time action strategy game ever made. I remember using the persuadatron to stack up on enemy agents forcing them to join my corporation... what a crazy game.

I used to leave my pc on till i learned all the technology's... kinda funny to think about now since u can just use something like cheat engine and force tech instantly rather then waste power leaving the pc on for a day.