open world games and the computers temp

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22144 posts) -

can a computer get hotter when playing open world games? i notice my computer was at 82c when playing new vegas for an hour.

#2 Posted by SharkheadHD (231 posts) -

My friend tried to play Dead Island (also an open world game) and suddenly his computer fans went insane. Then his GPU fried. I have not experienced any such problems, on the contrary.

Yes.

#3 Posted by BattleSpectre (6386 posts) -

I haven't had any said problems. I don't think it's the specific game though..

#4 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22144 posts) -

My friend tried to play Dead Island (also an open world game) and suddenly his computer fans went insane. Then his GPU fried. I have not experienced any such problems, on the contrary.

Yes.

SharkheadHD

what was his specs? mine is i5 3570k,8gb ram,gigabyte z77x ud3g,120gb ssd,1tb hdd,corsair 650d,corsair h80,gtx 670

edit: and what season was it? also, the last game i wplayed, it was temps were like at 65 c

also: can a dead fan on a psu make a gpu hotter?

#5 Posted by SharkheadHD (231 posts) -

[QUOTE="SharkheadHD"]

Yes.

TheShadowLord07

what was his specs? mine is i5 3570k,8gb ram,gigabyte z77x ud3g,120gb ssd,1tb hdd,corsair 650d,corsair h80,gtx 670

edit: and what season was it? also, the last game i wplayed, it was temps were like at 65 c

also: can a dead fan on a psu make a gpu hotter?

Your specs are more than sufficient, I'd still be cautious though.

I don't remember what season exactly.

Yes you should get that PSU fan fixed. You want your PSU functioning at its best at all times. Every second that you don't, you're basically looking at a time bomb.

#6 Posted by PetJel (3723 posts) -

Doesn't matter if open world or not. Depends on how demanding the game itself is, how optimized it is, and the settings at which you play it. Play some Metro 2033 and compare it to Just Cause 2, for example, both maxed. Metro 2033 will run hotter. Fallout NV is relatively old though, and if you run that at 82 degrees you might want to check your airflow?

#7 Posted by yellosnolvr (19302 posts) -
if a game is more cpu-intensive, it'll make the cpu work more, therefore making it run hotter compared to a less cpu-intensive game. open world games are generally more cpu-intensive.