Oops I just bought a video card

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

GTX 760 to be exact.

Whats the problem?

I only have two games where having such a card makes sense. Arma 3 and thief.

I need more games to justify.

What upcoming games this year for the PC are going to be graphic intense.

#2 Posted by sandeep410 (1173 posts) -

Witcher3 is one

#3 Edited by mastershake575 (8348 posts) -

Witcher 3 as stated above (the graphics look unbelievable, especially considering the scale of the game).

Tom Clancey's the division should be graphically demanding (its running on a true next gen engine and it looks amazing visually).

Watch Dogs and Dying light are also running on new engines and early gameplay looks very promising visually

#4 Posted by IvanElk (3798 posts) -

Witcher 2 as stated above (the graphics look unbelievable, especially considering the scale of the game).

Tom Clancey's the division should be graphically demanding (its running on a true next gen engine and it looks amazing visually).

Watch Dogs and Dying light are also running on new engines and early gameplay looks very promising visually

Isn't the division going to take till next year to come out?

#5 Posted by Horgen (109953 posts) -

Witcher 2 as stated above (the graphics look unbelievable, especially considering the scale of the game).

Dying Lights... They recommend(although this can change) a AMD 7900 series card or nVidia GTX 670 with >2GB RAM. If I play this with my GTX 680, it looks like I will have to OC it as much as possible for the best experience.

#6 Edited by PredatorRules (7053 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

GTX 760 to be exact.

Whats the problem?

The Division, Witcher 3

#7 Posted by silversix_ (13572 posts) -

Pretty much anything released by ubisoft n ill let you guess why

#8 Edited by soolkiki (1710 posts) -

Just wait a year, Devs are gathering to take on our OP and underchallenged Hardware.

#9 Edited by mastershake575 (8348 posts) -

@IvanElk said:

Isn't the division going to take till next year to come out?

It wasn't suppose to be but knowing ubisoft, I wouldn't be surprised if it is delayed another year

#10 Posted by lostrib (31548 posts) -

What about already released graphically intensive games?

Crysis series, Battlefield 4, Witcher 2, etc

#11 Edited by Arthas045 (5047 posts) -

I think Dying Light looks like it might tax a system pretty good.

#12 Posted by Cwagmire21 (5886 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

GTX 760 to be exact.

Whats the problem?

Didn't you kind of do that backwards? Personally, I wouldn't buy a new graphics card just to play two games. Why not wait until the games come out, then buy the graphics card?

#13 Edited by joseph_mach (3574 posts) -

I'm looking forward to Dragon Age Inquisition. Yeah...that's right. I said it. Even after the mess (at least in my own opinion) that was Dragon Age II. Graphically, it looks to be a card pusher, but only time will tell.

#14 Edited by The_Animator420 (227 posts) -

@Cwagmire21:

@SEANMCAD said:

GTX 760 to be exact.

Whats the problem?

Didn't you kind of do that backwards? Personally, I wouldn't buy a new graphics card just to play two games. Why not wait until the games come out, then buy the graphics card?

Same here. No need to buy a new graphics card unless the current one is struggling.

#15 Posted by dbtbandit67 (353 posts) -

I bet there are some games that have already been released that you haven't played yet that will look good on your new card.

Have you ever played Borderlands 2?

#16 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

I think Dying Light looks like it might tax a system pretty good.

It definitely looks promising. Although I will warn people that the screenshots up on their Steam store page are indeed bullshots. I don't really have anything substantial to back that up but if you have been a gamer since 2005, you can easily tell. I've watched several gameplay videos where the game looks nothing like those screenshots. On the other hand, Dying Light does look noticeable better than the Dead Island games and the game world looks to be significantly larger. Overall, it looks great.

#17 Edited by The_Animator420 (227 posts) -

@dbtbandit67 said:

I bet there are some games that have already been released that you haven't played yet that will look good on your new card.

Have you ever played Borderlands 2?

Borderlands 2 looks pretty good, but it is hardly stressful on a GPU.