Okay, tribes is seriously starting to piss me off.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

I can't uninstall tribes: ascend, and it's getting absolutely ridiculous. I uninstalled, and it leaves a bunch of sh!t behind. I can't delete that sh!t, because it says it's being used in "hi rez studios authenticate and update service". The authenticate and update service doesn't even exist in my program list, and there's no process for it in the task manager, either. I found an entry for it in the "services" tab of the task manager, and it says it's paused, and I apparently don't have access to stop it. That's fvcking bullsh!t. This is my computer, and there shouldn't be anything I don't have fvcking access to. I tried to go ask about it on the official tribes forums, but apparently I can't post there. Even though I have an account, it says I have to "activate a forum account" from the "my account" page, in order to use the forums (which is completely retarded), but I can't even do that. I click the link to go to the "my account" page, and there isn't any option for "acitivating a forum account". No where. Nothing. I says, "if you're still having problems, contact the board administrator", and gives a link for that. The link is dead. Doesn't do anything. This is completely unreasonable, and strikes me as a very shady practice by these a$$holes at hi rez studios. What the fvck kind of program is this? why do they make it so difficult to get rid of? What the fvck are they doing with some process constantly running in the background of my computer, not allowing me to delete things? There has to be something illegal about this, and I'm fvcking furious. Someone please help me get rid of this sh!t, so I can never get any product from these horrible people again, and recommend everyone else do the same.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#2 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

I think the process is the update thing. Not sure what to say since I don't remember having trouble uninstalling it. Did you try reinstalling it again to see if that helps you remove it? Are you an Admin of your PC, do you have UAC on?

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

I think the process is the update thing. Not sure what to say since I don't remember having trouble uninstalling it. Did you try reinstalling it again to see if that helps you remove it? Are you an Admin of your PC, do you have UAC on?

nutcrackr

I am the admin, and only user of this PC. I'm not entirely sure what UAC is, though.

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts

[QUOTE="nutcrackr"]

the_bi99man

I am the admin, and only user of this PC. I'm not entirely sure what UAC is, though.

User Account Control. Start -> Run -> type Msconfig. -> OK. Go to services, disable service, reboot. delete/uninstall the remnants.