ok.. lets talk WoW

This topic is locked from further discussion.

leonid313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 leonid313
Member since 2009 • 26 Posts

hi there everyone..

last thursday i thought, hey, everyone is talking about this game World of Warcraft... is it really taht good?

so i downloaded the free trial from the site... been playing all weekend and yesterday... and today...

wow... yeah.. im lvl 14 nightelf hunter!! yay!

but now for business.

i love it. i want to play it.

now my questions are:

1)ive downloaded the free trial from the site, what was i playing? the original? the burning crusade? or the king one?

i mean im asking, is what i played is all that WoW is..

2)if i want to buy the game, how should i do it? buy the original first, get to lvl[here you say till what lvl, or place the original is], and then purchse the next one, or buy them all togther?

aditionaly, maybe its more affective to buy them saparetly, cus i hear with every game you buy, you get first month free, is this right? wrong? what?

3)how do i buy? where is the best place to buy? store?

*in the free trial, i get "upgrade to full account", how does it work? like steam?

4)how much every game cost? and how much it costs every month?

thank you

trijity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 trijity
Member since 2008 • 813 Posts

Well, I'd recommend just buying the original World of Warcraft, and then if you get to about level 50 and still enjoy it, get Burning Crusade, and at this point might as well get Wrath of the Lich King because if you enjoyed up to 50 you most likely will enjoy up to 80 ;P.

The game is 15$ a month, first month should be free but don't know if each expac would count as a free month or not, I highly doubt it. I do think there is a package out that has all the games for a set price that is a pretty good deal, don't know for sure though.

Also, at 15+ the game starts picking up, you will LOVE the dungeon finder. Be sure to Que for it a lot, it is a vital means of leveling now.

trijity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 trijity
Member since 2008 • 813 Posts

Yup, just found the original and Burning Crusade for 30$, that is a pretty good deal truthfully, a newcomer might just wanna skip to this, the original is still $20 I believe.

http://www.amazon.com/World-Warcraft-Battle-Chest-Mac/dp/B000H96C9M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1282075601&sr=8-1

Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4 Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts

Well you need BC if you want to play a Draenei or Bloodelf, you don't need Wotlk until lvl 68.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts
1) You are playing the original game. 2) Yeah i'd recommend buying the original, then The Burning Crusade at level 55-ish; then Wrath of the Lich king at level 67-ish. I dont remember getting any additional free months for each expansion. You can if you have a real life friend you know that plays on your server, to use the Recruit-a-Friend promotion. You cna get like 3 times the EXP and its meant to level you up much faster so you can start playing The Burning Crusade much faster. Its entirely up to you though. You have to take advantage of the Recruit-a-Friend feature BEFORE you purchase the game. 3) I havent looked recently at the price of the original game. Amazon.com or Gogamer.com would be the best if you want a physical copy. You can just get a digital key from Blizzard.com and avoid any shipping costs or waiting at all. Once you enter in a retail or digital download key, thats it. The game simply gets unlocked from the trial account. You may have to download a small patch, but thats it. 4) Each expansion is less than $40. But again you REALLY dont need to get them all at once. The game is $15 a month if you pay every month. Its around $11 a month if buy 6 months upfront.
JAYSC81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JAYSC81
Member since 2007 • 296 Posts
1: You were playing the Original World of Warcraft. 2: I would buy the World of Warcraft Battlechest that will include Original World of Warcraft, Burning Crusade and 1 month game time. You only get 1 month game time with the initial creation of the World of Warcraft account. I would recommend maybe finding a friend that could recruit you as friend so would get benefits as 300% exp bonus and grant levels till 60. You can find out bout it here http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=20588 3: Any local store that has electronics department should have the for around $39.99USD but might find it on sale at Amazon for example. The game will cost $39.99USD for World of Craft Battle chest ( Original & Burning Crusade ) Wrath of the Lich King is another $39.99USD . When you upgrade the trial account you will get the full game and be able level past 20 and all Chat / Auction House restriction will be lifted within 2 days. The game will cost 14.99USD month to play but there are some better payment options if you pay in advance like 3 months / 1 year etc. You can also buy 60 day time cards at your local electronics store. if recruit friend is something you might be intrested in pm me here I play on Bleeding Hollow Alliance / Horde very good eastern server which we could get to 60 in couples days and would also pay for your mount, skills etc..
magnusm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 magnusm1
Member since 2009 • 918 Posts

World of Warcraft is like tatoos. It just won`t get away.

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
I'd buy the games piecemeal. If you quit before level 58 you just wasted the extra money you plunked down for BC. Expansions don't give you a free month, just the original does. The community is total **** though, just as bad as playing online games on Xbox Live.
leonid313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 leonid313
Member since 2009 • 26 Posts

1) You are playing the original game. 2) Yeah i'd recommend buying the original, then The Burning Crusade at level 55-ish; then Wrath of the Lich king at level 67-ish. I dont remember getting any additional free months for each expansion. You can if you have a real life friend you know that plays on your server, to use the Recruit-a-Friend promotion. You cna get like 3 times the EXP and its meant to level you up much faster so you can start playing The Burning Crusade much faster. Its entirely up to you though. You have to take advantage of the Recruit-a-Friend feature BEFORE you purchase the game. 3) I havent looked recently at the price of the original game. Amazon.com or Gogamer.com would be the best if you want a physical copy. You can just get a digital key from Blizzard.com and avoid any shipping costs or waiting at all. Once you enter in a retail or digital download key, thats it. The game simply gets unlocked from the trial account. You may have to download a small patch, but thats it. 4) Each expansion is less than $40. But again you REALLY dont need to get them all at once. The game is $15 a month if you pay every month. Its around $11 a month if buy 6 months upfront.XaosII

you mean, i just get a KEY that i can use? so id have to download the game everytime?

and, does it matter where i buy the game? if i buy online, from us or europe, its the same game, right? no matter what country i buy it?

im asking, because i already started a game[lvl 14], and i dont want to start over, id like to continue with the charecter i made.

I'd buy the games piecemeal. If you quit before level 58 you just wasted the extra money you plunked down for BC. Expansions don't give you a free month, just the original does. The community is total **** though, just as bad as playing online games on Xbox Live.cametall

really?

cus i thought[no offence to anyone] that the community is kinda nerdy, and there are usually ok, the nerdy ones.

+ the some people i met on my game, were ok, did quests togther, and had fun..

cmatija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cmatija
Member since 2010 • 48 Posts

Buy the wow warchest with BC(burning crusade) and the original one with guides and instructions for 20$ and then buy the expansion pack

WOTLK(Wrath of The Lich King) for 10-20$ depending on the place where u buy. Then u will get a code for the start then u will need to buy a gamecard to allow you to play theyre about 10$...

Or...

you can play on private servers for free.Theyre not that full as the original ones but it will close the need for buying anything other than the game...

Also you should pre-order the Cataclysm it will pay off

Trust me....

EDIT:

At the original version you can lvlup to lvl 60 the BC to 70 and the WOTLK to 80 enjoy