Nvidia and Auto-Scaling

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

Is there any way to disable Nvidia's auto-scaling? Because if there is a way then I can't find it.

Driver version: 347.52

I'm trying to play a game on my TV. My Tv's resolution is 1366x768 but it accepts 1080p inputs. When I play using the intel 4600 everything works fine, full screen is 1366x768, but as soon as I activate the GT 750m it does some stupid up-scaling to 1080p that makes everything look worse. Because you see, this is no down-sampling, this is actually my TV doing the down-scaling with its own crappy algorithm. But the game reads the TV as 1366x768 (I've read on Steam the game needs a patch to unlock higher resolutions), Windows 8.1 is set to 1366x768 too, so I have no idea why the hell the stupid Nvidia card forces this idiotic auto-scaling when going into full-screen.

I know I'd be better off just asking on the Nvidia forums but I don't want to go through all the hassle of creating an account.

-----On a side note:

This is why I hate PC gaming. Always a struggle with some annoying crap. And here I just wanted to play Rising at 60fps since the PS3 version I bought has some really erratic frame-rate and latency. On Gamespot's review the guy said the game had "consistent" frame-rate, haha, this website needs to hire better reviewers seriously.

The merits of speed wouldn't shine if it weren't for the game's consistent frame rate. Outside of loading sequence stutters, Revengeance almost never skips a beat. Deforming models in direct relation to your strikes calls for heavy calculations on the fly, and it's nothing short of a technical marvel that the game's high frame rate doesn't choke in the process

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

What input are you using, VGA?

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

If you are using VGA you cant bypass the TV's VGA limitation. If you use a HDMI it wouldn't be a issue. Make sure to switch the input and not clone the image.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I could never fix it in a more elegant manner but for some reason turning off AA fixed the problem. It makes no sense I know, but is not like I was gonna use AA with this weak GPU anyway. But even at the lowest settings the game still looks and runs much better than the PS3 version at least.

No more slowdowns during codec convos nor random lag during intense combat. I can finally pull off counters consistently instead of a scrubby parry. On PS3 it was almost impossible when playing on higher difficulties like Very Hard and Revengeance because the amount of enemies was increased and much more aggressive too, thus making control lag a major issue where counter over parry is literally the only way to survive since combos in this game are useless.