Number 1 PC game?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by JJGT500 (217 posts) -

What is the number 1 game that all PC gamers should have?

#2 Posted by Deathykins (1412 posts) -

In my opinion, Morrowind. There are better games out there, but due to the length, the expansions, the quality, and the mods, this game offers a ton of hours of gameplay. Throughout all of my files, between both my original Xbox and my PC, I've got around 4,000 hours of gameplay. I've been playing it since it first released in 2002.

#3 Posted by James161324 (8315 posts) -

It depends on what genere you like

#4 Posted by Wasdie (50599 posts) -

The single PC game that every gamer should have?

Doom.

#5 Posted by JJGT500 (217 posts) -

It depends on what genere you like

James161324

out of them all

#6 Posted by JJGT500 (217 posts) -

The single PC game that every gamer should have?

Doom.

Wasdie

I got it on the original floppy :D

#7 Posted by Fr0st3d (432 posts) -
I think orange box still win even more if they release a new package with portal 2
#8 Posted by James161324 (8315 posts) -

Then i think everyone has to play some hl2 once

#9 Posted by illmatic87 (15468 posts) -
Crysis 2, Oblivion, Invisible War, CoD: MW2.
#10 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
Max Payne, Max Payne 2, Thief: Deadly Shadows, Hitman: Blood Money, Homeworld 2, Planescape: Torment, The Orange Box, and so many others.
#11 Posted by DarkMessiah665 (1 posts) -
Crysis 2, Oblivion, Invisible War, CoD: MW2.illmatic87
You sir, have an awful taste in games. The worst Crysis, worst Elder Scrolls, worst Deus Ex, and worst CoD (not that CoD was good in the first place). To get back on topic, the number one game anyone should own, in my opinion, is a tie between Half-Life 2 and Deus Ex.
#12 Posted by i5750at4Ghz (5839 posts) -
Kotor. Must play for any gamer imo.
#13 Posted by tmgwarrior72 (1856 posts) -

counter strike...........

#14 Posted by biggest_loser (24144 posts) -
At the moment: Portal 2 - it has to be nominated for GOTY.
#15 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26241 posts) -

Crysis.

Soon to be, Battlefield 3.

#16 Posted by dangamit (640 posts) -
Half-Life 2. I have finished this game dozens of times, and it never gets old.
#17 Posted by CoolSkAGuy (9665 posts) -
WArcraft series including the MMO.
#18 Posted by blues35301 (2676 posts) -

If your set up can play Crysis at all very high settings and any decent res its a must play.

#19 Posted by raven_squad (78438 posts) -
Quite easily The Orange Box in my opinion. If that's breaking the rules, Half-Life 2.
#20 Posted by mhofever (3959 posts) -

Minesweeper. If you don't have the game, you are not a PC gamer!

#21 Posted by Tiida (2 posts) -

The Number one PC game is WarCraft III : Frozen Throne all people and all game centers have this game.

#22 Posted by haafie (93 posts) -

According to Unikgamers: Half-Life 2

#23 Posted by -Unreal- (24551 posts) -

World of Warcraft

#24 Posted by mitu123 (154618 posts) -

Battlefield 2 for me.

#25 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

mhofever

Let me check... [spoiler] Phew... I have it. :D [/spoiler]

#26 Posted by coreybg (2608 posts) -

Warcraft 3: TFT

Half-Life

Counter-Strike

KOTOR (has more mod content than u can install)

#27 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

Half-Life

Counter-Strike

coreybg
KOTOR....Warcraft 3.....? [spoiler] marry me? :P [/spoiler]
#28 Posted by mitu123 (154618 posts) -

mhofever
I have it.
#29 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
[QUOTE="mhofever"]

mitu123
I have it.

*high five!*
#30 Posted by w00tcolors169 (100 posts) -

I'd have to say the original Half-Life, with Half-Life 2 not far behind.

#31 Posted by paullywog (14149 posts) -
counter strike is what started it all for me.
#32 Posted by psx_warrior (1612 posts) -
[QUOTE="illmatic87"]Crysis 2, Oblivion, Invisible War, CoD: MW2.DarkMessiah665
You sir, have an awful taste in games. The worst Crysis, worst Elder Scrolls, worst Deus Ex, and worst CoD (not that CoD was good in the first place). To get back on topic, the number one game anyone should own, in my opinion, is a tie between Half-Life 2 and Deus Ex.

Spore:)
#33 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
counter strike is what started it all for me.paullywog
Yup. :) CS, Diablo series, Starcraft, Doom, Hexen, those games got me into PC gaming. :)
#34 Posted by Crimsader (11672 posts) -
counter strike is what started it all for me.paullywog
I'll support this.
#35 Posted by abuabed (6606 posts) -
For me it is Diablo II.
#36 Posted by coreybg (2608 posts) -

[QUOTE="coreybg"]

Half-Life

Counter-Strike

Elann2008

KOTOR....Warcraft 3.....?

marry me? :P

Are you female?

And, have you played the BoS mod for KOTOR? :o

#37 Posted by LordRork (2690 posts) -

Starcraft!

And really I'm surprised there's no Sim City 3k (not 4, that's rubbish) or Civilisation 4/5 yet (not my cup of tea).

The range of genres is so diverse that it's near impossible to award 1 game the number 1 slot.

#38 Posted by wooooode (16665 posts) -

The original COD is amazing.
#39 Posted by NiteLights (1181 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkMessiah665"][QUOTE="illmatic87"]Crysis 2, Oblivion, Invisible War, CoD: MW2.wooooode

Yeah. I'd say DM665 is the one who doesn't have a good taste. :? Saying that COD was never good is blasphemy, the original COD and COD4 were excellent, and as for Crysis 2 and Oblivion they were both excellent games as well, critic's and users can easily agree with me on this one.

#40 Posted by broken_bass_bin (7514 posts) -

Half-Life 2, surely.

#41 Posted by THELIT3 (23 posts) -

mhofever
You sir are a true pc gamer. Dont forget freecell and solitare though
#42 Posted by Lord_Kisame (112 posts) -
Mortal Kombat Trilogy if you like fighting game type =)
#43 Posted by Deathykins (1412 posts) -

[QUOTE="wooooode"][QUOTE="DarkMessiah665"] You sir, have an awful taste in games. The worst Crysis, worst Elder Scrolls, worst Deus Ex, and worst CoD (not that CoD was good in the first place). To get back on topic, the number one game anyone should own, in my opinion, is a tie between Half-Life 2 and Deus Ex.NiteLights

Yeah. I'd say DM665 is the one who doesn't have a good taste. :? Saying that COD was never good is blasphemy, the original COD and COD4 were excellent, and as for Crysis 2 and Oblivion they were both excellent games as well, critic's and users can easily agree with me on this one.

I have to go with both sides on this one. The original CoD and CoD4 were good. But with everything else he said, I agree 100%. Oblivion was a good RPG, but an awful Elder Scrolls. Crysis 2 wasn't bad, but next to the original and Warhead, it just didn't match up.

#44 Posted by illmatic87 (15468 posts) -

My bad then. I'll do better this time: F.E.A.R. 2, Dragon Age 2, Halo: CE & yes Spore if I were to pick a PC exclusive.

#45 Posted by BlueHarvest28 (323 posts) -

AoE2

#46 Posted by GeneralShowzer (11598 posts) -

Thief

#47 Posted by morrowindnic (1541 posts) -

In my opinion, Morrowind. There are better games out there, but due to the length, the expansions, the quality, and the mods, this game offers a ton of hours of gameplay. Throughout all of my files, between both my original Xbox and my PC, I've got around 4,000 hours of gameplay. I've been playing it since it first released in 2002.

Deathykins

This.

#48 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6775 posts) -

System shock 2, Deus ex, Hl, Hl2, X-com Ufo defense, Max payne 1&2, Starcraft, Might and magic 6+7, Bg1+2, Fallout 1+2, Arcanum, Vampire the masquerade: Bloodlines, Planescape torment,Conflict freespace1+2, Homeworld 1+2.

And out of them, the number 1 is: X-com Ufo Defense, with Deus ex as runner up ;)

#49 Posted by Slayerduckie (281 posts) -

Starcraft, c&c series, Age of .... series, the RTS warcraft games, crysis, world in conflict and the total war series. Also, counter strike, the first 2 cod games and the battlefield series.

#50 Posted by pelvist (5223 posts) -

A lot of people saying Half Life 2 here but i thaught Half Life 1 was a lot better game. My personal #1 PC game would be Everquest 1.