Non Fantasy mideval games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

megagamer0193

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 megagamer0193
Member since 2006 • 580 Posts

I was just watching a really good movie about how the true mideval times were and it got me thinking. I would love to play a game set in that time period. So My question is do any of you know a good game in this time period.

I am looking for something without spells, wizards and fantasy in general. As for genera, while I would prefer open world, i would settle for MMO, RTS, Action.

Games that I have played already That fit this are the mount & blade games, Rome total war(think that was the name, was awhile ago) and all the assassins creed games, tho most of them are not quite in the period im looking for minus the first one. Most the others I can find all seem to have some element of fantasy. Really looking for something based in reality. Being based in history would be even better. I also do not mind when the game game out, came out in 1999 you say? awesome. Coming out next year? thats cool also. Thanks in advance.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

how about Ryse: Sony Of Rome. Set during the fall of the Roman Empire, need an Xbox One though.

megagamer0193

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 megagamer0193

guess i should have specified for pc, tho did not think i needed to considering I posted in the pc section haha. That game does look fantastic but I dont play console games :P

Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

You should check out Chivalry. It is multiplayer only, but it is a blast to play.

megagamer0193

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By megagamer0193

@Xeogua said:

You should check out Chivalry. It is multiplayer only, but it is a blast to play.

Yeah iv played it, its a fairly fun game. Forgot to put that in my original post :P

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Stronghold and Crusader kicks complete ass.

INF1DEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 INF1DEL
Member since 2006 • 2083 Posts

I havent played Medieval II: Total War but I really enjoyed the newer TW games. There's a demo on Steam.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

Well if you don't mind strategy games then you should definitely give Medieval II Total War a shot, especially if you liked Rome.

pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pianist
Member since 2003 • 18900 Posts

Medieval 2: Total War is good and has a large number of mods available that will make it even better. You may also try Mount & Blade. I haven't played it myself, but many people report that it's a good game. It's a sandbox style game, too, so that may be what you're after.

undo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By undo
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I too have been looking for a good Middle Ages action/adventure game for a long time now, but for some reason game developers can't conceive medieval without magic and dragons. Assassin's Creed 1 is indeed the only game that managed to keep it historical (fortunately for us, it was excellent).

If you're willing to settle for strategy games, DEFINITELY play Medieval II Total War. If you haven't done so, give Age of Empires 2 and Stronghold 1 a try too - they're old, but still very enjoyable.

If you like city-building games, keep an eye out for Medieval Mayor. I don't know if this game is ever going to see the light of the day, but it looks promising. There's also this game called Medieval Lords, but I have never tried it.

Tqricardinho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Tqricardinho
Member since 2013 • 477 Posts

Medieval: Total War or Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. They're both PC exclusives and they're both great games.

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts

Game of thrones had a pretty realistic vibe to it.. it had a bit of fantsay and magic but its not like the other fantasy works.. and the game is quite good with a solid story.. you can also try Europa Unversalis or Crusader Kings though they are quite difficult to get into.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d4f404bdfc2e
deactivated-5d4f404bdfc2e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By deactivated-5d4f404bdfc2e
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Medieval 2 Total War (if you're into strategy)

Stronghold [the original game] (if you're into strategy) - the title is pretty old but it's worth it IMO

War of the Roses - free to play title on Steam, similar to Chivalry

Mount and Blade - free title, the original game that Chivalry and War of the Roses were inspired of

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

www.gog.com/game/darklands