No GTA V for PC? :(

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by funkyzoom (1426 posts) -

Just checked out Gamespot's GTA V page, and it lists only XBOX360 and PS3. Does that mean GTA V won't be relesed for PC? :(

#2 Posted by alan_carter (1404 posts) -

Nope :cool:

#3 Posted by rhazzy (1516 posts) -

Just checked out Gamespot's GTA V page, and it lists only XBOX360 and PS3. Does that mean GTA V won't be relesed for PC? :(

funkyzoom

If you get your infos from Gamespot...then you deserve to be the clueless guy that you are now...

#4 Posted by funkyzoom (1426 posts) -

[QUOTE="funkyzoom"]

rhazzy

If you get your infos from Gamespot...then you deserve to be the clueless guy that you are now...

Your sarcasm is uncalled for. If you have specific info regarding this from a different site, you could post the link here, rather than taunting me.

#5 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

[QUOTE="rhazzy"]

[QUOTE="funkyzoom"]

funkyzoom

Your sarcasm is uncalled for. If you have specific info regarding this from a different site, you could post the link here, rather than taunting me.

Didn't you ask this already though? And didn't everyone tell you that NOBODY knows ANYTHING about the game at all? For all we know it could be on Wii U for 6 months before hitting other platforms, it could star Rico from Just Cause, we don't know dude, stop asking!

#6 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -
Since when has a GTA title other than the Stories series on the PSP and Chinatown Wars not been released on the PC? Of course it'll come out, on release though? Who knows.
#7 Posted by funkyzoom (1426 posts) -

Didn't you ask this already though? And didn't everyone tell you that NOBODY knows ANYTHING about the game at all? For all we know it could be on Wii U for 6 months before hitting other platforms, it could star Rico from Just Cause, we don't know dude, stop asking!

SPYDER0416

I asked this already? I don't think so.

#8 Posted by HyperWarlock (3256 posts) -

[QUOTE="funkyzoom"]

[QUOTE="rhazzy"]

SPYDER0416

There are rumours that it's going to be turned into a modern military linear shooter as thats more popular. The only element kept from the old GTA's will be the guns.

#9 Posted by wis3boi (31012 posts) -

I can't remember the last modern GTA that came out for PC at the same time as consoles...let alone was even announced for the PC before its console counterparts. Took GTA 4 about a year to come to PC after the console version

#10 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -
#11 Posted by wis3boi (31012 posts) -
#12 Posted by alan_carter (1404 posts) -

I thought this time they were going to release it at the same time.. i'll get ps3 version if it comes before 2013

#13 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

[QUOTE="funkyzoom"]

HyperWarlock

There are rumours that it's going to be turned into a modern military linear shooter as thats more popular. The only element kept from the old GTA's will be the guns.

Actually I heard it was a horror game and Los Santos turns into a giant foggy hell full of monsters and where weapons and ammo are scarce. They do make references to Niko Bellic and Liberty City, which ties it all together.

#14 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

Took GTA 4 about a year to come to PC after the console version

wis3boi

No it didn't.

http://www.ign.com/games/grand-theft-auto-iv/xbox-360-827005

http://www.ign.com/games/grand-theft-auto-iv/pc-14269673

was still a long ass wait :P Back when it came out for consoles, there was zero mention of a PC version, nobody was sure it would even exist, but it did at the end of the year. GTA V will likely be the same story

I think Rockstar's been giving more PC love lately, LA Noire was optimized ok but Max Payne 3 was like a triumph. Its one of the best optimized PC games I've played (not even a port, but a version created alongside the console versions that supports hi res textures and PC features), and it released only two weeks after the console versions.