Next-Gen Aliens Versus Predator?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GodLovesDead (9752 posts) -
Has there been any news or anything hinting towards an AvP 3? A new Aliens Versus Predator with the right developers sure would hit the spot....
#2 Posted by HardcoreKiller2 (574 posts) -
I don't think their is a new Aliens vs. Predator game coming out for next-gen, but I could be wrong. The only thing I know is that SEGA is developing new games based off the Alien francise, like a Alien FPS (Gearbox), and an Alien RPG (Obsidian).
#3 Posted by Vinth (1801 posts) -
Yeah would be so cool with a ne one, and if not.. maybe that Predator Mod for Crysis would be nice.
#4 Posted by kyrieee (978 posts) -
Could people stop saying next-gen about PC games?
#5 Posted by NirvanaX360 (75 posts) -

there is an AVP2 the coming, but thats for the PSP.

AVP should be an RTS for the PC

#6 Posted by smokeydabear076 (22105 posts) -
Aliens Versus Predator 3 would be amazing. Too bad they are just making a damn PSP game.
#7 Posted by 9mmSpliff (21747 posts) -
i remember when Doom3 was released people were talkinga bout AVP on here and how great the Doom3 engine would be for it. Now I guess we will talk about the Unreal 3 engine and it :D
#8 Posted by 1005 (3738 posts) -
I'd love to see a new AVP3 game announced, imagine the vision modes and invisibility features and how cool they'd look with todays graphics!
#9 Posted by crazytank (248 posts) -
the new avp movie is coming soon,i hope tat new avp game would be made 2.
#10 Posted by gozalo (1102 posts) -

Aliens pwn Predators by the way...

#11 Posted by imhioncrak (31 posts) -

A new alien vs predator game would be absolutly great right now, its been so long since AVP2

but if they made it for the next movie it would suck, even if the movie was good cuz theyd be so constrained by the story and the movies wernt all that great.

#12 Posted by thusaha (14495 posts) -
That'd be great.
#13 Posted by Rob_101 (3291 posts) -
I have wanted a AvP 3 ever since the 2nd one. I just hope if they do make it that is has nothing to do with the movies at all. I could see them not making it because of the craptacular movies ruining the name tho. I just hope the new movie is at least half decent and is a bit popular so it inspires them or something to make a AvP 3. It would be amazing to have a AvP 3 using the CryEngine 2 or the Unreal 3 engine.
#14 Posted by gtarmanrob (1206 posts) -

i've been praying for AvP 3 for YEARS lol..

i imagine if they ever did it, it would be on the UT3 engine.

HOWEVER, their best and smartest move would be to utilise code from the CryEngine 2. i just keep picturing Crysis, that cloak mode, the strength, those jungles etc...replaced with a Predator instead of a guy in a Nano Suit. would be the most awesome experience for AvP fans.

#15 Posted by naval (11109 posts) -

Yeah would be so cool with a ne one, and if not.. maybe that Predator Mod for Crysis would be nice.Vinth

or a AvP mod :D

#16 Posted by mimic-Denmark (4371 posts) -

Could people stop saying next-gen about PC games?kyrieee

Yes, please.

#17 Posted by sSubZerOo (42918 posts) -
A new AVP game by Monelith on the Unreal 3 engine would be pure bliss.. The only problem with this, is they are too preoccupied with FEAR (Project Origin) which is a game I am looking forward to in its own right.
#18 Posted by sSubZerOo (42918 posts) -

[QUOTE="kyrieee"]Could people stop saying next-gen about PC games?mimic-Denmark

Yes, please.

Stop saying next gen PERIOD.. Its a made up gimmic term..

#19 Posted by mimic-Denmark (4371 posts) -

A new AVP game by Monelith on the Unreal 3 engine would be pure bliss.. The only problem with this, is they are too preoccupied with FEAR (Project Origin) which is a game I am looking forward to in its own right.sSubZerOo

I'd wish they would stop playing around with fear ;) Fear is great action, but fear ain't better then monoliths nolf or avp games.

#20 Posted by PHeMoX (137 posts) -

Could people stop saying next-gen about PC games?kyrieee

What do you mean with that? Don't think the PS3 or Xbox360 are all that next-gen... besides, next-gen is more a marketing buzz-word anyways... we haven't had a real revolution ever since Duke3D and Quake.