New WoW expansion Warlords release date...11-13-2014.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

Not sure how many here care but I figure I'll share anyway.

New cinematic is out as well....

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Because this thread doesnt actually provide any actual info outside of what is in the title, I will fill in a bit.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/15053029/

And here is the cinematic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLzhlsEFcVQ

That trailer was beyond boring. It is clear Blizzard not only lost their game design skills (the new expansion looks like a total failure from what I hear), but also their ability to make cool cinematics.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

@Maroxad said:

Because this thread doesnt actually provide any actual info outside of what is in the title, I will fill in a bit.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/15053029/

And here is the cinematic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLzhlsEFcVQ

That trailer was beyond boring. It is clear Blizzard not only lost their game design skills (the new expansion looks like a total failure from what I hear), but also their ability to make cool cinematics.

The cinematic had not been posted yet...

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Maroxad

While it is true, the cinematic had not been released at the time when you posted that, you could still have provided a link to the blog, since it still had some useful information ;) But what is done is done, and the thread has a couple of links now.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

The game is old and dated and it amazes me that people still find it enjoyable, but heck they make awesome cinematics.

Although this one didn't do much for me till the very end. My favourite is still the cinematic from the Lich King expansion.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Maroxad

Welp... if rumors are to be believed. Warlords of Draenor will only have 2 raids in total. They removed one zone entirely, postponed another, and now this.

Loading Video...

For Blizzard's sake, I hope this rumor is false. Blizzard are losing subscribers, yet they answer with raised subbscription costs, faster more expensive expansion packs with less content, over a year with NOTHING added to the game. It feels like Blizzard are doing their best to ruin the game and their credibility infront of everyone.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@Maroxad said:

Welp... if rumors are to be believed. Warlords of Draenor will only have 2 raids in total. They removed one zone entirely, postponed another, and now this.

For Blizzard's sake, I hope this rumor is false. Blizzard are losing subscribers, yet they answer with raised subbscription costs, faster more expensive expansion packs with less content, over a year with NOTHING added to the game. It feels like Blizzard are doing their best to ruin the game and their credibility infront of everyone.

I remember they said about a year ago that they were going to follow a model where they release faster content. Hence gamers will have faster content, but less of it of course.

Saying that, I probably won't buy this expansion. When I tried to get back into WoW a few years ago it just felt old, dated and slow.

One thing I wonder though. With this new expansion you can take one of your characters to level 90, which would be cool cause I never did get to max level with my Warlock. I know that you also get 90 gear and spells etc, but my question is, what about quests? Do you get some sort of new story arc to start with your new max level or they just throw you out there and you have to find quests by yourself?

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@Maroxad said:

I remember they said about a year ago that they were going to follow a model where they release faster content. Hence gamers will have faster content, but less of it of course.

Saying that, I probably won't buy this expansion. When I tried to get back into WoW a few years ago it just felt old, dated and slow.

One thing I wonder though. With this new expansion you can take one of your characters to level 90, which would be cool cause I never did get to max level with my Warlock. I know that you also get 90 gear and spells etc, but my question is, what about quests? Do you get some sort of new story arc to start with your new max level or they just throw you out there and you have to find quests by yourself?

They put you on the Timeless Isle, which starts that quest line and lets you obtain 90 level epics. Once the expansion starts of course at 90 you will head to the Dark Portal or whatever the starting zone for Draenor will be.

I am looking forward to the expansion, sorry everyone....

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

when are people going to realize that blizz gives absolutely zero fucks about WoW anymore?

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts

I think $50 is too much and if I ever do get it I'll just wait for it to be like 50% off :).