New Vegas in a few hours: What will you do first?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts

So what does everyone plan to do first in the vast Mojave Wasteland? Or will you go test your luck at the strip?!

Me? I'm gonna go exploring, see how big this world really is! I'm gonna try and not touch the main quest for as long as I can.

clixshper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 clixshper
Member since 2005 • 545 Posts

Ill be waiting till the 21st when it actually gets released... *walks away*

Avatar image for monkeymoose5000
monkeymoose5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 monkeymoose5000
Member since 2007 • 6111 Posts

clixshper
But it comes out the 19th.
Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Prexxus
[QUOTE="monkeymoose5000"][QUOTE="clixshper"]

Probly somewhere in Europe
clixshper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 clixshper
Member since 2005 • 545 Posts

[QUOTE="clixshper"]

monkeymoose5000

MMMmmm...yeah....in the US. AU is 21st. *continues to walk on*

Avatar image for monkeymoose5000
monkeymoose5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 monkeymoose5000
Member since 2007 • 6111 Posts

[QUOTE="monkeymoose5000"][QUOTE="clixshper"]

clixshper

MMMmmm...yeah....in the US. AU is 21st. *continues to walk on*

I'm so sorry.

LIONHEART-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 LIONHEART-_-
Member since 2010 • 2520 Posts

Explore the massive world definitely.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Make my character and start doing story missions until I find some side quests to do. That's how I did it in Fallout 3. I didn't go exploring until I had some good weapons and equipment. And with New Vegas, I'll need to gather some food and water so I don't starve to death.

antics101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 antics101
Member since 2010 • 56 Posts

Look for the most OP faction and try to wipe them out.

LIONHEART-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LIONHEART-_-
Member since 2010 • 2520 Posts

Make my character and start doing story missions until I find some side quests to do. That's how I did it in Fallout 3. I didn't go exploring until I had some good weapons and equipment. And with New Vegas, I'll need to gather some food and water so I don't starve to death.

Phoenix534

Sounds good. Turning on the Hardcore Mode sure sounds very fun and realistic, can't wait to play it.

Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Prexxus
[QUOTE="LIONHEART-_-"]

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

Sounds good. Turning on the Hardcore Mode sure sounds very fun and realistic, can't wait to play it.

Yeah I'm gonna be doing hardcore mode my first time arround aswell :D
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#13 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

I am going to start the game, crank up my surround sound and check out what Obsidian has done in the Fallout world :)

Probably do the main quest the first few missions and then explore and do a few side missions 8)

I can remember the day that Fallout1 came out.. my lord was I blown away by that game the first time I started it up ;)

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

So what does everyone plan to do first in the vast Mojave Wasteland? Or will you go test your luck at the strip?!

Me? I'm gonna go exploring, see how big this world really is! I'm gonna try and not touch the main quest for as long as I can.

Prexxus
OK> SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN: - This is a standalone game right? - But it plays like Fallout 3 and uses the same engine? - But it's from another company? - Do I need to know the story of Fallout 3 or it's expansions? - What's the story in this one? - If I didn't like Fallout 3 (couldn't get into the shooting RPG style gameplay), will I like this one?
hitman6actual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hitman6actual
Member since 2009 • 869 Posts

[QUOTE="Prexxus"]

FelipeInside

OK> SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN: - This is a standalone game right? - But it plays like Fallout 3 and uses the same engine? - But it's from another company? - Do I need to know the story of Fallout 3 or it's expansions? - What's the story in this one? - If I didn't like Fallout 3 (couldn't get into the shooting RPG style gameplay), will I like this one?

-Yes.

-I believe it uses the same engine, but will include new gameplay elements, like much improved FPS style combat, taking reliance off V.A.T.S.

-Yes. Different company than who made Fallout 3

-Nope. All you've got to know is that the world is in a state of almost complete nuclear annihilation.

-It's set in Vegas obviously. The main story line is somewhat unknown (at least to my knowledge), but it will more than likely have a main quest as well as many side tasks.

-Possibly. As I stated before, the FPS part of the game has been revamped and the need to use V.A.T.S. is reduced. The gunplay in this game will feel slightly more like a FPS style game compared to Fallout 3.

I predict it'll get a 9.0 from GS, but you should wait and see the review if you are unsure about buying still, as they usually include lots of gameplay for you to check out.

Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Prexxus

Is the game unlocking from steam at midnight? I bought mine retail so i'm just wondering :)

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Prexxus"]

hitman6actual

-Yes.

-I believe it uses the same engine, but will include new gameplay elements, like much improved FPS style combat, taking reliance off V.A.T.S.

-Nope. All you've got to know is that the world is in a state of almost complete nuclear annihilation.

-It's set in Vegas obviously. The main story line is somewhat unknown (at least to my knowledge), but it will more than likely have a main quest as well as many side tasks.

-Possibly. As I stated before, the FPS part of the game has been revamped and the need to use V.A.T.S. is reduced. The gunplay in this game will feel slightly more like a FPS style game compared to Fallout 3.

I predict it'll get a 9.0 from GS, but you should wait and see the review if you are unsure about buying still, as they usually include lots of gameplay for you to check out.

Yup, pretty much this. I'd also like the add that Obsidian implemented "iron sight" for the gunplay. You can hold down the iron sight and aim like in military FPS games. I believe that's what he was trying to say when he said " the FPS part of the game has been revamped..." Personally, I wasn't a big fan of V.A.T.S. although it was a new gimmick that actually worked well. When I played Fallout 3, I hardly used it though, but it was fun using it along with a big gun weapon, like the Fat Man. I also predict a 9.0, nothing lower than 8.5.
Suffca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Suffca
Member since 2008 • 666 Posts

Keep playing FO3 since I have no money.

Suffca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Suffca

I feel bad for all you guys who went to the midnight release and can't unlock it on Steam yet. :P

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="hitman6actual"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] OK> SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN: - This is a standalone game right? - But it plays like Fallout 3 and uses the same engine? - But it's from another company? - Do I need to know the story of Fallout 3 or it's expansions? - What's the story in this one? - If I didn't like Fallout 3 (couldn't get into the shooting RPG style gameplay), will I like this one?Elann2008

-Yes.

Yup, pretty much this. I'd also like the add that Obsidian implemented "iron sight" for the gunplay. You can hold down the iron sight and aim like in military FPS games. I believe that's what he was trying to say when he said " the FPS part of the game has been revamped..." Personally, I wasn't a big fan of V.A.T.S. although it was a new gimmick that actually worked well. When I played Fallout 3, I hardly used it though, but it was fun using it along with a big gun weapon, like the Fat Man. I also predict a 9.0, nothing lower than 8.5.

I felt I needed VATS at the beginning cause my gun was shooting everywhere even though I aimed correctly....this is mostly what got me off Fallout 3....
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FelipeInside
Also, has Bethesda have ANYTHING to do with it? Cause I see gameplay videos and it says BETHESDA as the company...
Suffca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Suffca

Also, has Bethesda have ANYTHING to do with it? Cause I see gameplay videos and it says BETHESDA as the company...FelipeInside

Beth is the publisher.

truassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 truassasin
Member since 2004 • 2013 Posts

does the steam version come with Live achievements or is it just steam ones?

Suffca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Suffca

truassasin

Just Steam ones.

FONV does not use GFWL anymore.

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

[QUOTE="truassasin"]

Suffca

Just Steam ones.

THERE IS A GOD!!!

I hate GFWL with a passion of a thousand suns.

Suffca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Suffca

[QUOTE="Suffca"]

[QUOTE="truassasin"]

edinsftw

Just Steam ones.

THERE IS A GOD!!!

I hate GFWL with a passion of a thousand suns.

Thank god for FOSE!

jernex56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jernex56
Member since 2009 • 150 Posts

what i did was RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at my CRASHING GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!