uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58939 Posts

Just a heads up for "Vampire The Masquerade" fans. The mod "Antitribu" has been released. I'm planning on downloading it after posting this: figured since the game has a cult following other people may be interested.

Antitribu Version 1.0 Major Changes:

1. New gameplay:
    • 7 new major clans (Lasombra, Follower of Set, Old clan Tzimisce , Samedi, Tzimisce, Nagaraja, Giovanni)
    • 8 additional "clans" available through companions (brujah, nosferatu, toreador, malkavian, thinbloods, humans, demon hunter and gargoyle)
    • 11 new disciplines with a completely new gameplay (Animalism, Dominate, Obtenebration, Serpentis, Koldunic Sorcery, Thanatosis, Necromancy (3 variations), Vicissitude, Nihilistics) also all the rest disciplines have little different application...
    • Additional new gameplay elements: blood loss (does not damage health), kick, player equipment...
    • Completely reworked combat system: new enemies, semi-bosses, bosses (also new battles with old bosses);
    • new npc active and passive new disciplines; all new weapons, diverse damage system, etc.
    • All enemies (especially standing near) have different models, weapons and equipment, enemies use passive and active discipline, also unique characteristics, some enemies are especially sensitive to certain types of weapons and vice versa resistant to other types of weapons, and so on...
    • new item system: all books and artifacts completely redesigned and moved. All artifacts have both bonuses and disadvantages, also some can be equipped. Skill Research is also needed to get information about all main items. All added new elements highlighted by Inspection skill so that it is now more necessary than ever.
    • Increased many levels difficulty of game: enemies become smarter, stronger, more flexible, more varied and terrible; also random variables - such as passwords on new computers or the effects of domination ...
  2. Atmosphere / Visualization / Diversity:
    • More than 600 new models
    • More than 1500 new textures
    • More than 2000 new sounds
    • Replacing many common models such as pedestrians, clubbers, goths, dancers, the waiters, security guards, cops, gang members, etc. So no longer see "clone attack." Many npc's have combinational clothing and gear. Many companions have new and / or alternative models and textures (Heather, Yuki, Jeanette...) Also added new models and textures vehicles (some of which are interactive).
    • Added many new sounds. All disciplines, weapons, new npc's, all main maps have new sounds and music. All clubs now have different soundtracks playing when you enter the club.
  3. Maps and Quests
    • As the main quest for Sabbat not ready, we disable all sabbat maps and quests. So while we have only 2 new semi-main quests and 4 new maps along side a very a large number of random events and sidequets.
    • The walkthough of all major and some side quests have changed. On all major maps the geometry or the order of walkthrough is changed; added doors, locks, computers, traps, explosions, new logic puzzles or physical objects or other interactive items. Also added some new cut-scenes.
  4. Additional Trivia:
    • new main menu, intro, load screens, HUD, descriptions...
    • New particles and blood stains make the game more realistic and scary.
    • Added some adult only content
    • a reference to the famous products of modern culture (movies, games, etc.)
    • a bit of dark humor
    • and respecting application of WoD setting...

http://www.moddb.com/mods/bloodlines-antitribu

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

Might give this a go. Bloodlines was a fantastic game barring the bugs and horrendous combat.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 uninspiredcup  Online

Having played Risen 3: it's difficult to call any combat system outside of it bad.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

Isn't the game closing in on 10 years old now? And this is for Vampires: The Masquerade - Bloodlines?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 uninspiredcup  Online

Yes.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@horgen said:

Isn't the game closing in on 10 years old now? And this is for Vampires: The Masquerade - Bloodlines?

Troika went out of business about 6 months after this game's release, but the fan support ever since has been rabid. There have been a steady stream of "unofficial" patches that have been released that address issues like quest scripting, dialog issues, bugs, etc as well as changing the stats and abilities to be more in line with the original pen and paper.

This is the first big update I've seen, however, that really makes any kind of real change to the gameplay.

VTM:B will forever be in my heart as one of the best bad games I have ever played. The execution is very, very flawed but the bones of an awesome game are there buried under a very rushed production. It's a contemporary RPG with a complex plot and branching dialog trees (and humor) along the lines of the original Fallout games, but with modern cities and technology instead of wizards and swords. Games like this and Alpha Protocol are among only a handful of modern, non-fantasy RPGs.

I have mixed feelings about hearing they updated the soundtrack. Sound effects are fine, but the music was one of the game's strongest points so I'll hold out judgment until I hear it for myself.

-Byshop

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Meh, I thought you meant the original Vampire The Masquerade which was a fantastic RPG. Bloodlines was ok but unplayable.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 uninspiredcup  Online

@FelipeInside said:

Meh, I thought you meant the original Vampire The Masquerade

Nobody cares about that game.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Byshop  Moderator

Does this work with the unofficial patches? I didn't see any clear instructions regarding this.

-Byshop

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 uninspiredcup  Online

According to the notes clean install is required. Having said that: I installed the widescreen patch without any issue's.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Byshop  Moderator

@uninspiredcup said:

According to the notes clean install is required. Having said that: I installed the widescreen patch without any issue's.

I was thinking more along the lines of the "Unofficial Patches" rather than any of the other mods. The resolution "patch" is basically a simple hex edit to change the supported resolutions.

-Byshop

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@FelipeInside said:

:(

I care.... and that guy over there....

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 uninspiredcup  Online

@FelipeInside said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@FelipeInside said:

:(

I care.... and that guy over there....

To be fair: Bloodlines only sold 80 thousand units when it launched. If it wasn't for digital channels: nobody would give a shit about that either.

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts
@Byshop said:

@uninspiredcup said:

I was thinking more along the lines of the "Unofficial Patches" rather than any of the other mods. The resolution "patch" is basically a simple hex edit to change the supported resolutions.

-Byshop

I'm kind of wondering about the unofficial patches, too. With that said, I'll still check this out eventually. I wouldn't mind another Bloodlines run sometime in the near future. Even in it's rushed state (thanks Activision), it's still better than most games released today. The hotel level alone is worth the price of admission.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 uninspiredcup  Online

It's in description.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Sick. I played this before with the community fixes and it was an awesome game, but I didn't stick through it too far. I might have to give this another go. From what I remember - there aren't a ton of games like this.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

@Postosuchus said:

Might give this a go. Bloodlines was a fantastic game barring the bugs and horrendous combat.

Yes, the combat was indeed horrendous.

@uninspiredcup said:

Just a heads up for "Vampire The Masquerade" fans. The mod "Antitribu" has been released. I'm planning on downloading it after posting this: figured since the game has a cult following other people may be interested.

Antitribu Version 1.0 Major Changes:

1. New gameplay:
    • 7 new major clans (Lasombra, Follower of Set, Old clan Tzimisce , Samedi, Tzimisce, Nagaraja, Giovanni)
    • 8 additional "clans" available through companions (brujah, nosferatu, toreador, malkavian, thinbloods, humans, demon hunter and gargoyle)
    • 11 new disciplines with a completely new gameplay (Animalism, Dominate, Obtenebration, Serpentis, Koldunic Sorcery, Thanatosis, Necromancy (3 variations), Vicissitude, Nihilistics) also all the rest disciplines have little different application...
    • Additional new gameplay elements: blood loss (does not damage health), kick, player equipment...
    • Completely reworked combat system: new enemies, semi-bosses, bosses (also new battles with old bosses);
    • new npc active and passive new disciplines; all new weapons, diverse damage system, etc.
    • All enemies (especially standing near) have different models, weapons and equipment, enemies use passive and active discipline, also unique characteristics, some enemies are especially sensitive to certain types of weapons and vice versa resistant to other types of weapons, and so on...
    • new item system: all books and artifacts completely redesigned and moved. All artifacts have both bonuses and disadvantages, also some can be equipped. Skill Research is also needed to get information about all main items. All added new elements highlighted by Inspection skill so that it is now more necessary than ever.
    • Increased many levels difficulty of game: enemies become smarter, stronger, more flexible, more varied and terrible; also random variables - such as passwords on new computers or the effects of domination ...
  2. Atmosphere / Visualization / Diversity:
    • More than 600 new models
    • More than 1500 new textures
    • More than 2000 new sounds
    • Replacing many common models such as pedestrians, clubbers, goths, dancers, the waiters, security guards, cops, gang members, etc. So no longer see "clone attack." Many npc's have combinational clothing and gear. Many companions have new and / or alternative models and textures (Heather, Yuki, Jeanette...) Also added new models and textures vehicles (some of which are interactive).
    • Added many new sounds. All disciplines, weapons, new npc's, all main maps have new sounds and music. All clubs now have different soundtracks playing when you enter the club.
  3. Maps and Quests
    • As the main quest for Sabbat not ready, we disable all sabbat maps and quests. So while we have only 2 new semi-main quests and 4 new maps along side a very a large number of random events and sidequets.
    • The walkthough of all major and some side quests have changed. On all major maps the geometry or the order of walkthrough is changed; added doors, locks, computers, traps, explosions, new logic puzzles or physical objects or other interactive items. Also added some new cut-scenes.
  4. Additional Trivia:
    • new main menu, intro, load screens, HUD, descriptions...
    • New particles and blood stains make the game more realistic and scary.
    • Added some adult only content
    • a reference to the famous products of modern culture (movies, games, etc.)
    • a bit of dark humor
    • and respecting application of WoD setting...

http://www.moddb.com/mods/bloodlines-antitribu

They might as well make a new friggen game with that many changes!!!!!

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts

those are some decent changes. It will give me an excuse to revisit it again.

Thanks for the post. I shall bookmark that mod.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

For all the stuff listed: haven't noticed too much difference. Having said that, only played about 7 hours.

The main diffrence seemed to be the painting boss: which before was a shape-shifting mass of blood, it is now a generic looking mummy with an annoying "puzzle" shooting pottery, which is basically guess work.

The other main difference was soundtrack in the diner and club replaced with well known songs; perhaps people more technically minded will notice the more significant changes. Haven't played it in a few years either, so that's probably contributing.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

For all the stuff listed: haven't noticed too much difference. Having said that, only played about 7 hours.

The main diffrence seemed to be the painting boss: which before was a shape-shifting mass of blood, it is now a generic looking mummy with an annoying "puzzle" shooting pottery, which is basically guess work.

The other main difference was soundtrack in the diner and club replaced with well known songs; perhaps people more technically minded will notice the more significant changes. Haven't played it in a few years either, so that's probably contributing.

I was thinking of reinstalling because this patch change log looks massive. You haven't noticed many changes in 7 hours?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 uninspiredcup  Online

Ya. But I tend to piss about in games: so it's probably only about 3-4 hours worth of content.