New PC - No Internet - Need Games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XMantixxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 XMantixxX
Member since 2005 • 151 Posts

I just picked up a dual core AMD X-4200, 2 GB ram, 250 GB drive and a BFG Geforce 7600 GT OC card and a 21" widescreen monitor (max of 1600 X 1280)....

I dont have the internet at home (I'm at work right now) and I was wondering what good games are out there that are NOT online only?

Could be MMO, RTS, FPS, whatever...  As long as you dont need the net in any way...

Much appreciated...

thanks...

Ranger_x8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Ranger_x8b
Member since 2002 • 5840 Posts
With the amount of money you spent on that rig, I bet you could afford at least DSL...

Anyway, if you need good singleplayer experiences, some good games are Half-Life 2, The newer RTS's (Company of Heroes, Supreme Commander), GTR2... Man, I can't think of many games that thrive without online play.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
Half Life 2, Oblivion, Civilization 4, Age of Empires, Sim City, The Sims, among others.
Avatar image for deactivated-591754d3955ba
deactivated-591754d3955ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4 deactivated-591754d3955ba
Member since 2004 • 5196 Posts
Wait, you're saying a MMO is okay, but you don't have an internet connection? I'm a total noob at this, but doesn't MMO stand for Massively Multiplayer Online or something like that?

Anyway, with such a rig, you've to try out Oblivion. Great game.
Alkpaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#5 Alkpaz
Member since 2005 • 2073 Posts
Wait, you're saying a MMO is okay, but you don't have an internet connection? I'm a total noob at this, but doesn't MMO stand for Massively Multiplayer Online or something like that?

Anyway, with such a rig, you've to try out Oblivion. Great game.
Marcinkonys

You are indeed correct Sir!

MMO games require a connection to play :)

I recommend Joint Task Force, Act of War w/ exp, FEAR, X3 Reunion, Oblivion, Gothic 3, NWN2, Supreme Commander, C&C3 (in about a month), etc.. Heck.. just check out my game collection.. they are all listed there.. lol

EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 EntwineX
Member since 2005 • 5858 Posts
Darkstar One, GRAW, R6, Civ4, CoH, Condemned, Supreme Commander. Basically anything except MMORPGs, MP shooters(BF, UT) or Steam games(HL2 etc.).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-591754d3955ba
You are indeed correct Sir!

MMO games require a connection to play :)Alkpaz

Thought so :P Thanks for clearing it up.
EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 EntwineX
Oh, don't get buggy games like Gothic3 since you can't download the patches for them, I'd also rule Oblivion out since without mods it kinda sucks...
Alkpaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#9 Alkpaz
Member since 2005 • 2073 Posts
BTW, what OS do you have.. it may cut down the availablility of games.. such as Windows Vista known to not play all games without problems... Gothic 3 works best on a single core processor non-64bit OS.. also it needs XP.. :) I know many people have had problems with Gothic 3 with dual cores.. but they have some solutions available for dual core systems on the official forums. I have not had a single problem with Gothic 3.. it is unpatched and plays VERY well.. however I have a single core.. 3.6Ghz ... but with a 8800 GTS.. which probably cuts down on the FPS issues for me :) I needed a new vid card regardless. (My old one was just not cutting it) So far I have had every game at MAX with almost little to no FPS issues.. guess I'm an excessive "tweaker" :P

EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 EntwineX
BTW, what OS do you have.. it may cut down the availablility of games.. such as Windows Vista known to not play all games without problems... Gothic 3 works best on a single core processor non-64bit OS.. also it needs XP.. :) I know many people have had problems with Gothic 3 with dual cores.. but they have some solutions available for dual core systems on the official forums. I have not had a single problem with Gothic 3.. it is unpatched and plays VERY well.. however I have a single core.. 3.6Ghz ... but with a 8800 GTS.. which probably cuts down on the FPS issues for me :) I needed a new vid card regardless. (My old one was just not cutting it) So far I have had every game at MAX with almost little to no FPS issues.. guess I'm an excessive "tweaker" :P

Alkpaz
Well I guess Gothic3's USA version comes with some patch already installed so it's a safe buy then.
XMantixxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 XMantixxX

Thanks ...

Yeh, I can afford DSL (or cable) but neither is available in my area...  Dial-up (barely get 24kbps - used to have it, cancelled it last year, because I have Hi-speed here at work, so anything I have to do on the net, I can just do at work)....

Yeh, about the MMO- DUH....LOL  I'm an idiot...

Thanks again....

PS: If you think of anything else, please post it.

XMantixxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 XMantixxX

DOH, running Windows XP

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts

Alkpaz
I'm running it on a dualcore with the retail US version unpatched and it runs great.
Ravanger1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ravanger1
Member since 2007 • 112 Posts
get armed assault if u live in europe, its a really good single player game and it also has really nice graphics
Harpy170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Harpy170
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts
How about Hitman? That was a great play through without online play, and its relatively intensive to try out your new machine :).
chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#16 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts
How about Hitman? That was a great play through without online play, and its relatively intensive to try out your new machine :).Harpy170
Yeah, playing that right now. It's pretty good.
XMantixxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 XMantixxX

I see theres a 'few' hitman games.... 

Any particular one stand out?  I think Bloodmoney is the latest one... (oc I could be wrong..LOL)..

thanks again...

PS: I checked out HL2 and it says you have to have an internet connection to 'register' it.  So that seems to be out of the question until they bring cable or dsl into my area...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-591754d3955ba
Yeah, Steam games require an internet connection to enable 'em. And yes, Blood Money is the latest iteration in the Hitman universe ;)
PC-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PC-Gamer
Member since 2006 • 463 Posts
Brothers In Arms series, Call of Duty series, Fable The Lost Chapters, F.E.A.R., Half Life 2, Medal of Honor series, Oblivion.