new gw2 lost shores screens emrge GIANT RISEN CRAB!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

GW2_2012-11_Lost_Shores_Island_3-1152x86

theres more of this awesomeness plus the interesting dungeon screens which seem to look alot like ascalon.. perhaps some time travelling is in order

http://www.vg247.com/2012/11/12/guild-wars-2-lost-shores-screens-feature-a-giant-enemy-crab/

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
that doesn't look very risen to me.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

They ever going to bother to fix the bugs with some of the classes and actually address the general issue of combat being too much zerg and AoE spam?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

They ever going to bother to fix the bugs with some of the classes and actually address the general issue of combat being too much zerg and AoE spam?

Wasdie

I recall them stating the upcoming patch this thursday will fix a lot of class issues. But take it with a grain of salt.

As for the Zerg bit, it is an mmo where everyone is in the same group, as for the AoE spam bit, good luck not having an AoE spamfest without friendly fire or other mechanics to hold AoE spamming down.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BrunoBRS

Wasdie
jon peters (one of the main guys regarding PvP and class balance/tweaks) said that the cIass part of the patch notes are about 5 pages long. ranger alone will have 30 bullet points.
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

Wasdie
The patch is supposed to fix a lot, ARENANET is actually doing a lot in terms of polishing their game. And the fact that they're having these awesome monthly updates is a bonus.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

WiiMan21
The patch is supposed to fix a lot, ARENANET is actually doing a lot in terms of polishing their game. And the fact that they're having these awesome monthly updates is a bonus.

part of the reason those monthly updates exist is to address the "lol no endgame" complaints, and to have things to come back for.
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts
[QUOTE="WiiMan21"][QUOTE="Wasdie"]

BrunoBRS

part of the reason those monthly updates exist is to address the "lol no endgame" complaints, and to have things to come back for.

Agreed, it helps a lot but however the ones who complain about "Endgame content" are the ones who are looking at the game as a traditional MMO.
trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts

And the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K2ddErJ2c5I

Sucks that I'm going to miss most of it since it has a lot of 1-time-only moments.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BrunoBRS

And the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K2ddErJ2c5I

Sucks that I'm going to miss most of it since it has a lot of 1-time-only moments.

trastamad03
seems interesting. main page finally updated with new info
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Wasdie

There was a red post on the necro forums a few days ago saying that a fix for the talents will be coming soon. Dont know about the rest of the different class talents but I would hope that it would all be done at the same time since its taken so long.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
I'll take your guys word for it but I'll remain skeptical.
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="WiiMan21"] The patch is supposed to fix a lot, ARENANET is actually doing a lot in terms of polishing their game. And the fact that they're having these awesome monthly updates is a bonus.WiiMan21

Agreed, it helps a lot but however the ones who complain about "Endgame content" are the ones who are looking at the game as a traditional MMO.

I'm the one complaining about end game and other than gw1 i have never played a single MMO (unless PSU counts). I've been playing gw2 tones since it came out and all dungeons gets old after a month of spamming same thing over n over n over again. got all the weapons/armors i wanted weeks ago (token ones) now what? Since MK farm ended all i do is stand in LA and do nothing, awesome gameplay... Hope to god the new dungeon has lots of hard to get skins otherwise they'll have to add another dungeon next month. Arah is challenging (the only dungeon in the game) but has no rewards whatsoever so why doing it? For fun? Sure i'll do couple of runs but what after? Nothing to do.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="WiiMan21"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] part of the reason those monthly updates exist is to address the "lol no endgame" complaints, and to have things to come back for.silversix_

I'm the one complaining about end game and other than gw1 i have never played a single MMO (unless PSU counts). I've been playing gw2 tones since it came out and all dungeons gets old after a month of spamming same thing over n over n over again. got all the weapons/armors i wanted weeks ago (token ones) now what? Since MK farm ended all i do is stand in LA and do nothing, awesome gameplay... Hope to god the new dungeon has lots of hard to get skins otherwise they'll have to add another dungeon next month. Arah is challenging (the only dungeon in the game) but has no rewards whatsoever so why doing it? For fun? Sure i'll do couple of runs but what after? Nothing to do.

Yeah the dungeons in GW2 mean nothing to me, imho. Farming tokens for vanity wasn't something I've ever imagined doing in a Guild Wars game whether I'm looking at GW2 as a traditional MMO or not.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

So the new dungeon will add a new item tier to the series...

This is NOT the Arenanet that made GW1. Item progression is not the reason I bought GW2.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BrunoBRS

i'm not entirely sure what to think of it :?

just hope that it works much better in practice than in theory, like tiered traits, and for the love of god that it does not mean they'll just keep adding new tiers to trivialize old gear, turning this game into a treadmill because people think doing things just for fun is pointless unless they get bigger numbers.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

So the new dungeon will add a new item tier to the series...

This is NOT the Arenanet that made GW1. Item progression is not the reason I bought GW2.

Maroxad

This x100. i still don't believe what they're doing like WTF!? :roll:

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

i'm not entirely sure what to think of it :?

just hope that it works much better in practice than in theory, like tiered traits, and for the love of god that it does not mean they'll just keep adding new tiers to trivialize old gear, turning this game into a treadmill because people think doing things just for fun is pointless unless they get bigger numbers.

BrunoBRS
Thanks for the link. " We also have plans to add more fun ways to acquire Legendary precursor items with a more scavenger hunt feel than they are acquired currently." Me gusta
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#19 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

They're just adding one tier.

It's a shame that a +2 stat boost (+2 precision is a ~0.08 critical chance increase) completely overshadows the wonderful news about Legendaries and the cool new content available. What would be hilarious in that once the ascended armour comes out, it wont have a rune slot that grants at least a 90+ stat blueprint and a side-trait. IDK, just wait and see how the infusion upgrades work.

The only real problem is that there is a hard gear check for those that run pugs with the Agony resistance acting as the gate, and not the actual stats.

CassiusGaius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CassiusGaius
Member since 2006 • 865 Posts

They're just adding one tier. It's a shame that a +2 stat boost (+2 precision is a ~0.08 critical chance increase) completely overshadows the wonderful news about Legendaries and the cool new content available. It will be hilarious that once the armour does come out, that it wont have the rune slot that grants at least a 90+ stat blueprint and a side trait. IDK, just wait and see how the infusion upgrades work. The only real problem is not the fact that there is a hard gear check for those that run pugs with the Agony resistance acting as a gate, rather than the stats.illmatic87

They showed a MF ring(a very intentional misdirection). The stat budget between items will be the difference between masterwork and rare items. Pretty significant in the grand scheme of things.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
That crab looks like it has a massive v-j. Just sayin.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 illmatic87

Wasdie
With the zergy nature of events and AoE spam, it wont be solved unless events scale outwards instead of simply throwing more numbers depending on the people that are there. Outward scaling as in, have more organised waves of enemies come, a melee with ranged or artillery appearing from behind the melee mob. Adding more objectives to a given event with the more player numbers will probably work too. At the very least, the abundance of AoE spam can be resolved if events -upgraded- mob ranks instead of mob quantity. Other than Cursed Shore (the level 80 zone) and the Mad Kings Labrynith. I havent seen a DE zerg up in quite some time in other zones during my journey for map completion.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 illmatic87

[QUOTE="illmatic87"]They're just adding one tier. It's a shame that a +2 stat boost (+2 precision is a ~0.08 critical chance increase) completely overshadows the wonderful news about Legendaries and the cool new content available. It will be hilarious that once the armour does come out, that it wont have the rune slot that grants at least a 90+ stat blueprint and a side trait. IDK, just wait and see how the infusion upgrades work. The only real problem is not the fact that there is a hard gear check for those that run pugs with the Agony resistance acting as a gate, rather than the stats.CassiusGaius

They showed a MF ring(a very intentional misdirection). The stat budget between items will be the difference between masterwork and rare items. Pretty significant in the grand scheme of things.

And by "grand scheme of things" you are assuming that the Ascended armour will have rune slots that can grant a possible 60% Magic find? Not to mention the +50 stat on a secondary stat with the Superior Rune of Noble/Traveller?

Compared to what we actually know from that blog "There are multiple types of Infusions and Infusion slots. In November, well introduce Offensive, Defensive, and Omni Infusions of Fine rarity from new Mystic Forge recipes"

Fine rarity.

-

Not saying that people dont have a right to be skeptical, I may even be wrong in that Ascended doesnt have a rune slot. I just think people are taking words out of context, overreacting, panicing and speculating way too soon. It's becoming this buzzkill for this new content that im quite excited about.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="CassiusGaius"]

[QUOTE="illmatic87"]They're just adding one tier. It's a shame that a +2 stat boost (+2 precision is a ~0.08 critical chance increase) completely overshadows the wonderful news about Legendaries and the cool new content available. It will be hilarious that once the armour does come out, that it wont have the rune slot that grants at least a 90+ stat blueprint and a side trait. IDK, just wait and see how the infusion upgrades work. The only real problem is not the fact that there is a hard gear check for those that run pugs with the Agony resistance acting as a gate, rather than the stats.illmatic87

And by "grand scheme of things" you are assuming that the Ascended armour will have rune slots that can grant a possible 60% Magic find? Not to mention the +50 stat on a secondary stat with the Superior Rune of Noble/Traveller?

Compared to what we actually know from that blog "There are multiple types of Infusions and Infusion slots. In November, well introduce Offensive, Defensive, and Omni Infusions of Fine rarity from new Mystic Forge recipes"

Fine rarity.

-

Not saying that people dont have a right to be skeptical, I may even be wrong in that Ascended doesnt have a rune slot. I just think people are taking words out of context, overreacting, panicing and speculating way too soon. It's becoming this buzzkill for this new content that im quite excited about.

someone did the math, and without infusion slots, a full ascended set gives around +8% stats compared to an exotic stat, at minimum. and that's not really the problem. the problem is the sign of what's to come. if this whole ascended thing becomes a trend, that "horizontal gear progression" that was promised will slowly, but surely, take a 90 degree turn as new tiers are added to "expand content". that, and ascended gear will be mandatory for that dungeon. gear checks will become often on that instance, because without agony resistance, you're capped at a certain part of the dungeon. you can only go so far without those stats, so people will outright deny you in the group unless you have the gear to move past the gating mechanic. there are tons of ways they could have implemented the feature without adding "exotic tier 2". i just really, really hope i'm proven wrong and this is just some horribly written article that gives a really wrong impression on how things will be.