This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by o2jayjay (9 posts) -
Hello GS members, I have been out of the gaming and computer world (due to my job) and decided to jump back in. I have spent several hours researching and checking out reviews on newegg trying to figure out whats new and the best bang for the buck (build list at bottom). Everything is completely different from what i am use to. From 256 MB of Ram to several GB, having to run games in DOS mode, and i guess now days you don't need sound cards. Also I am not to fond of the new style games these days. What ever happened to armor fist, Janes ATF or Fighter Anthology. Rainbow six rouge spear, counter stike. What I am trying to get at is the non simulated games. everything seems to be an arcade style game. I not saying they are bad but it seems that is all that's left on the market. Which is one of the reason that brought me to this forum. Can some one recommend me to a combat flight simulator similar to what Janes made back in the day. (ie real time damage, fuel, gun fire rate, and not carry tens of thousands of missiles). I am also opened to other games that are not mainstream. please give me some recommendations Now on to my build and hopefully I have everything right. Here is what a friend and i were able to put together. Thermaltake CLP0554 80mm Sleeve CPU Cooler HIS IceQ X H785QN2G2M Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card IN WIN GRone Gray 0.8mm SECC Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case Open Box: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Gaming Motherboard with 3-Way SLI/CrossFireX ... LG Black 14X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 5X DVD-RAM 12X BD-ROM 4MB Cache SATA BDXL Blu-ray Burner, Bare Drive, 3D Play Back (WH14NS40) ... - OEM Corsair Force Series GS CSSD-F240GBGS-BK 2.5" 240GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD8350FRHKBOX Patriot Intel Extreme Master, Limited Edition 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model ... Rosewill LIGHTNING-1300 1300W Continuous@50°C,80 PLUS GOLD Certified,Pipe-rock Modular Design,Single +12V Rail,ATX12V v2.3/EPS12V Like i said before, I have been out of the PC world and hope this is up to par with modern and future games. thank you for your time and all comments are appreciated
#2 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (4157 posts) -

Woah, wall of text alert.!

Seems a solid build.

3 points

Swap that 8350 for a 2500k/3570k/3770k

That PSU is MAHOOSIVE overkill

Post Here for more responses

Might be worth mentioning your budget :D

#3 Posted by o2jayjay (9 posts) -
Thanks for the reply back. I wasn't to sure on the PCU and its to late for any changes (shipped 3 days ago). I know when it comes to computers whats good for this year isn't going to be two years later. That way the only reason why i went the route i did. I also have room for two more graphics cards for future games if needed.