New Gaming rig Review

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by 10knuckles01 (165 posts) -
#2 Posted by hartsickdiscipl (14787 posts) -

With those components, you'll be tearing it up.

#3 Posted by GTR12 (9225 posts) -

Are you SLI'ing the 670?

#4 Posted by 10knuckles01 (165 posts) -

if i come across something extra cash,,

GPU was the hardest to choose, im still not sure what sli is?

im new to the building game,, theres just so many to choose from .

wasnt sure about the motherboard to, with so many out there, just dont want to over do it and waste money

#5 Posted by GTR12 (9225 posts) -

if i come across something extra cash,,

GPU was the hardest to choose, im still not sure what sli is?

im new to the building game,, theres just so many to choose from .

wasnt sure about the motherboard to, with so many out there, just dont want to over do it and waste money

10knuckles01

SLI is just putting 2 GPU's together, if your not sure, drop that PSU down to a 750 watt and get yourself a CPU cooler, I might have to just drop some money and get one as well, summer is gonna heat things up here.

The Intel cooler is ok at best, but my 3570k is idling at 45c or so and its not even that hot yet...

#6 Posted by 10knuckles01 (165 posts) -

i dont think i will use SLI,,

should i get a better GPU then?

#7 Posted by GTR12 (9225 posts) -

i dont think i will use SLI,,

should i get a better GPU then?

10knuckles01

No, but have a look at the non-reference models of the GTX670 (the MSI TwinFrozr and Gigabyte Windforce are great), and get a CPU cooler.

#8 Posted by Yagnav (6107 posts) -

Have you considered an AMD 7950 or 7970 Graphics card ? They are just as good as the Nvidia's if not better. They just get a lot of bad press around these forums for no good reason. Plus they have some awesome deals going on with upto 3 games free on a purchase.

#9 Posted by mattamomo (920 posts) -

I have a query ( don't wanna take off topic)

when people put up a expensice PC like this they never seem to include a Blu Ray drive, why is this? is it not worth the extra bit of money for the ability to play Blu Rays and burn onto them?

#10 Posted by 10knuckles01 (165 posts) -

is mine a expensive build??

#11 Posted by Yagnav (6107 posts) -

I have a query ( don't wanna take off topic)

when people put up a expensice PC like this they never seem to include a Blu Ray drive, why is this? is it not worth the extra bit of money for the ability to play Blu Rays and burn onto them?

mattamomo

Have a PS3 connected to a TV, don't want to watch BD's on a smaller monitor over a large TV, don't want to rip BD's either. Don't want to burn anything onto a BD, you got RAID and external drives for back ups. Don't see the point in getting a BD. Would rather spend the money getting an SSD or towards a GPU or something.

But that's just me, but I can totally see why others wouldn't want to get a BD installed for similar reasons.

#12 Posted by mattamomo (920 posts) -

I would find the PC expensive (and very nice from what I can tell) and I just think the small price extra could have some good benefits. then again Yag has a point, just something i've been curious about and was wondering why.

#13 Posted by GTR12 (9225 posts) -

is mine a expensive build??

10knuckles01

Not for aussies

#14 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -
Why Galaxy? I have a Galaxy GTX 580 myself, and good luck getting any kind of support unless you know a tech support rep you can get in contact with. Their support is really rubbish compared to other companies like EVGA. Get EVGA or another company.
#15 Posted by 10knuckles01 (165 posts) -
#16 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -
#17 Posted by 10knuckles01 (165 posts) -

yeah but ive made a few changes and got some extra cash so i might grab one of those puppies:P

#18 Posted by Led_poison (10141 posts) -

Oh poor Australians, always gotta pay more. Serves you right for being descendants of criminals.

#19 Posted by 10knuckles01 (165 posts) -

off topic-- Australia is one of the best coutries in the world

Best climate,weather,beaches,food,wages(why we can afford expensive things),looking girls ,outback,kangaroos,koalas......list keeps going!

i dont think i would sacrifice all that for cheap computer hardware, would you?

#20 Posted by 10knuckles01 (165 posts) -
#21 Posted by GTR12 (9225 posts) -
#24 Posted by 10knuckles01 (165 posts) -

a reference design??

#25 Posted by 10knuckles01 (165 posts) -

a reference design??

#26 Posted by 10knuckles01 (165 posts) -

a reference design??

#27 Posted by Led_poison (10141 posts) -

Best climate,weather,beaches,food,wages(why we can afford expensive things),looking girls ,outback,kangaroos,koalas......list keeps going!

10knuckles01

Oh and almost every living thing can kill you. Cant go to the beach cause the jellyfish will kill you.

#28 Posted by GTR12 (9225 posts) -

a reference design??

10knuckles01

Look at the design of the card, it only has 1 fan, the one I linked has 3 fans.

#29 Posted by 10knuckles01 (165 posts) -
#30 Posted by GTR12 (9225 posts) -
#31 Posted by darksusperia (6899 posts) -

[QUOTE="10knuckles01"]

Led_poison

Oh and almost every living thing can kill you. Cant go to the beach cause the jellyfish will kill you.

Thats why there is stinger nets in the necessary locations...
#32 Posted by 10knuckles01 (165 posts) -

stingers are only up north near the Great Barrier Reef,,

apart from that u can swim anywere

#33 Posted by darksusperia (6899 posts) -

stingers are only up north near the Great Barrier Reef,,

apart from that u can swim anywere

10knuckles01
Im in townsville, thats why i responded with that. That said, irukandji still slip through. One poor lad swallowed one a few years back.
#34 Posted by blaznwiipspman1 (6028 posts) -

if the 7970 is the same price as the 670 in Australia then get that instead, its faster than both the 670 and the 680. Unless you prefer nvidia in which case go with the 670.

#35 Posted by GTR12 (9225 posts) -

if the 7970 is the same price as the 670 in Australia then get that instead, its faster than both the 670 and the 680. Unless you prefer nvidia in which case go with the 670.

blaznwiipspman1

Its not, prices are stupid here sometimes.