New Evolve Release Date

This topic is locked from further discussion.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

This was taken from Turtle Rock's Facebook page:

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

The beta was very disappointing and got incredibly boring after about 30 minutes. People were giving a lot of negative feedback, which is probably why it's being delayed. I can't see this game being any fun no mater how long they delay it. I predict when it does come out the community will die very quickly. It's also a complete and total joke that they are trying to push this as a "competitive game" for tournaments and steaming on Twitch. On the bright side at least it can no longer be the most disappointing game of 2014.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

I watched a clip of a fellow for this games saying "oh oh, we have it build with DLC plug in mind" like it was something positive.

**** that, pick up AVP gold, become a winner.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

It's a shame that it's delayed but that's all right. I've got about six or seven games coming out in the fall to(hopefully) keep me occupied.

I personally don't think it needs the delay but that's just me. Nothing was glaringly wrong with the game except some technical issues and some features that could easily have been added(push to talk for VoIP, and swapping classes with other people in the match).

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

considering the beta was boring as shit after just a day or two.... yeah, i would say it was needed. they need to add a metric fuckton of content to that game to make it interesting for more than just a weekend. objectives during matches beyond "chase the monster" and "eat to get bigger" are desperately needed. L4D was interesting because you had little objectives to accomplish along the way, and there were environmental obstacles and such. evolve has none of that.

and at 60 dollars, i doubt i would buy it anyway.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

@cyloninside said:

considering the beta was boring as shit after just a day or two.... yeah, i would say it was needed. they need to add a metric fuckton of content to that game to make it interesting for more than just a weekend. objectives during matches beyond "chase the monster" and "eat to get bigger" are desperately needed. L4D was interesting because you had little objectives to accomplish along the way, and there were environmental obstacles and such. evolve has none of that.

and at 60 dollars, i doubt i would buy it anyway.

I keep reading that they need to add in game objectives to keep it interesting, but is this delay long enough to add such things?

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

To the people that participated in the beta; How was the optimization(hardware wise)? Is it going to take a ridiculously powerful PC to run this game on high settings @1080p? What kind of rigs do you guys have?

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cyloninside

@intotheminx said:

To the people that participated in the beta; How was the optimization(hardware wise)? Is it going to take a ridiculously powerful PC to run this game on high settings @1080p? What kind of rigs do you guys have?

nah, i ran it completely maxed out with tesselation and like 16xAA and still was hitting high FPS on my GTX770..... the game doesnt even look all that next gen sadly. for a cryengine game, it is pretty flat. most of it has to do with the map in beta being basically pitch black in most places though.

i wasnt impressed. ive seen better looking games last gen.

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts

I think this is good for the game. I'm looking forward to it.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#10 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts
@cyloninside said:

@intotheminx said:

nah, i ran it completely maxed out with tesselation and like 16xAA and still was hitting high FPS on my GTX770..... the game doesnt even look all that next gen sadly. for a cryengine game, it is pretty flat. most of it has to do with the map in beta being basically pitch black in most places though.

Really? It ran pretty poorly for me with a GTX 670 FTW, I had to drop the settings to low with FXAA to get a good frame rate. I thought it looked pretty good though, lots of vegetation and nice lighting effects, I found the atmosphere of the game to be pretty cool even if the gameplay is currently lacking

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cyloninside

@with_teeth26 said:
@cyloninside said:

@intotheminx said:

Really? It ran pretty poorly for me with a GTX 670 FTW, I had to drop the settings to low with FXAA to get a good frame rate. I thought it looked pretty good though, lots of vegetation and nice lighting effects, I found the atmosphere of the game to be pretty cool even if the gameplay is currently lacking

that does seem odd. it ran much better than expected for me.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cyloninside

i think the game has potential to be great... i like the core concept.... but right now it is only like 33.3% of a game. there needs to be a LOT more to it before it is worthy of a purchase.

i honestly think there needs to be a third faction that is there to hunt the hunters. think about it... the monster, there to evolve and eventually try to turn the tables on the hunters. the hunters there to hunt down the monster and kill it before it becomes a killing machine. and a third, 2 man group of police (or something) there to capture the hunters. the police could even be "eatable" by the monster, so he has a reason to hunt them, perhaps providing a larger boost to his evolve bar than a normal animal would. it would be a constant chess match between the 3 factions of players.

they also need to add optional objectives that pop up randomly during the match.... like maybe add an electric fence around the base, and at certain points the local wildlife start attacking the fence and trying to get in to the base... if the hunters dont stop them, they break in and start damaging the generator. or maybe for the monster, occasionally a disease will sweep through the wildlife, and if the monster eats one of these diseased wildlife he becomes infected. at that point a timer would go in place where the monster needs to evolve before a certain point to become immune to the disease, or he takes a penalty to his health because he becomes "infected".

stuff like that would go a long way to making matches feel more organic and enjoyable. you cant just plop people down in an arena and tell one group to chase one guy, and the one guy to just run away... and expect everyone to have fun. it isnt fun.