New Computer Build For Mid to end of summer.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LunarVince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LunarVince
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Looking for opinions on this build. I am going to be giving my cuzin my old computer instead of making her one, and build myself something new. The computer i have now is basically top of the line i can get out of AMD besides maybe updated GPU instead of my 7850. I'm willing to get a price tag of about 3k. Here is what i have so far, any suggestions would be nice or ideas, going to be a few months before i get it. my cuzin isnt getting this computer until Xmas.

OP: Windows 7 Premium

CPU: Intel I7 -4820k 3.7gh

CPU Cooler: H100i

Motherboard: Asus Rampage Black Edition

GPU: 2 - GeForce GTX 780 Superclocked 3GB ( This is a big maybe, suggestions please)

Hard-Drive: SSD Samsung 840 pro series 256GB

Hard-Drive: 2 TB Seagate NAS HDD

Memory: G-Skill Trident X series 32GB - 2666 (Honestly i don't like the looks of them so suggestions would be nice for something ether Black White or just black)

Power Supply: 1100W ( I think this is enough )

Case: Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

Yum 3K budget

Change cpu to i7 4930k, if your going all out might as well get an intel six core. As for ram 1866mhz is plenty Corsair Vengeance has black heatsinks. Any good name brand gold or platinum rated 1000w psu will be enough.

As for the gpu's Maxwell is coming out this year so maybe just pick up a single GTX 780 and wait and if their performance ratio is better then 700's then sell 780 and get a 880 or just pick up another 780.

LunarVince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LunarVince

I guess another question i have is that will this drop be worth it, i hear intel is comming out with new CPU's. and i know these CPU are not that old and still really good. Is it worth to make this drop by Xmas or should i wait it out. I am a AMD sider but did want to give intel a chance as well.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@LunarVince said:

Looking for opinions on this build. I am going to be giving my cuzin my old computer instead of making her one, and build myself something new. The computer i have now is basically top of the line i can get out of AMD besides maybe updated GPU instead of my 7850. I'm willing to get a price tag of about 3k. Here is what i have so far, any suggestions would be nice or ideas, going to be a few months before i get it. my cuzin isnt getting this computer until Xmas.

OP: Windows 7 Premium

CPU: Intel I7 -4820k 3.7gh

CPU Cooler: H100i

Motherboard: Asus Rampage Black Edition

GPU: 2 - GeForce GTX 780 Superclocked 3GB ( This is a big maybe, suggestions please)

Hard-Drive: SSD Samsung 840 pro series 256GB

Hard-Drive: 2 TB Seagate NAS HDD

Memory: G-Skill Trident X series 32GB - 2666 (Honestly i don't like the looks of them so suggestions would be nice for something ether Black White or just black)

Power Supply: 1100W ( I think this is enough )

Case: Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition

Q: why do you need such amount of RAM memory? you're editor of some sort of music or vids?

I hope you're aiming on 4k gaming with those 780 SLI.

About 100i, you may want to look at Noctua D15 as other choice.

Other than that everything looks legit.

LunarVince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LunarVince

@PredatorRules: This computer build is Overkill lol there is no lie there. I am a student in IT and looking to drop for a heavy all in one computer, but also something that will last years to come and not be outdated in the next 2 years by allot. Iv already set up for for corsair 1866 32 instead, save some money. it wont be the full potential what that MB can do but still get really good numbers out of it. As my question above should i weight for these new cpu's ether what intel is going to make or maybe amd will come up with something soon.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@LunarVince said:

@PredatorRules: This computer build is Overkill lol there is no lie there. I am a student in IT and looking to drop for a heavy all in one computer, but also something that will last years to come and not be outdated in the next 2 years by allot. Iv already set up for for corsair 1866 32 instead, save some money. it wont be the full potential what that MB can do but still get really good numbers out of it. As my question above should i weight for these new cpu's ether what intel is going to make or maybe amd will come up with something soon.

You can settle with 16Gb of RAM and even 8Gb for the next 3 years.

About CPUs, there's no significant improvements from gen to gen in GPUs or CPUs, not that much anyway (5-20% top)

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TDuiker
Member since 2004 • 11689 Posts

all i am going to say is that you spending money on things you probably wont need.. like 32GB of ram.. I personally am getting a H100I as well, my advice, swap out the fans for NF-F12 fans from noctua. they are superior in every way, apart from maybe colors..

As for the new CPUs, its basically a die shrink, so there going to be a litlle more power efficient, nothign worth waiting over..