New COH2 expansion to have Homeworld-esque campaign design

This topic is locked from further discussion.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

So PC gamer put out an article talking about the upcoming Battle of the Bulge expansion for Company of Heroes 2.

There are a few lines that got me excited after the fairly average CoH 2 campaign:

"It's significantly bigger than the Eastern front campaign included in CoH2, which makes the addition of unit permadeath especially challenging. If you lose a squad to a stray mortar, or a flanking heavy machine gun, they're not coming back for the next mission. If your veteran Sherman gets pancaked by an airstrike you'll leave its burned out remains on that battlefield forever. Good news, strategy fans, Company of Heroes is about to get harder."

If anyone remembers the original Homeworld games, their campaigns had a similar system where units carried over from one mission to another, so if you just got sloppy in one mission and lost a bunch of untits you would be screwed for the next mission. This system made every mission really damn tense and exciting, and it sounds like this new campaign will be doing something similar.

Anyone else looking forwards to this? Even though it had a mixed reception I have played the shit out of CoH 2, and I don't see myself stopping any time soon.

Article

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58928 Posts

While it be using in-game engine cinimatic story-telling like Homeworld and the first Company Of Heroes or will it be shitty Playstation 1 FMV's again?

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

While it be using in-game engine cinimatic story-telling like Homeworld and the first Company Of Heroes or will it be shitty Playstation 1 FMV's again?

Yea those were pretty awful CGI cutscenes, I think the animated/in engine cutscenes from CoH1 were much better.