New Assassins Creed Unity Walkthrough - New format, same AI

#1 Edited by biggest_loser (24053 posts) -

I really like the new format of the assassinations, like having multiple ways to complete your jobs.

But the AI in this video, like guards not seeing you at close range, people failing to react, looks as poor as it was in Black Flag. Really frustrating since I was looking forward to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZx3xIK_Lsg

#2 Posted by uninspiredcup (8606 posts) -

Problem i'v always had with the serous, it's too easy. You walk around doing nothing pretty much and then when it actually comes to the pinnacle, everything amounts to "press X to win" literally.

It's why games like Blacklist are 100 times the game any Assassins Creed game is, that's actually challenging but fair. Assassins Creed is just a big void of nothing.

#3 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Problem i'v always had with the serous, it's too easy. You walk around doing nothing pretty much and then when it actually comes to the pinnacle, everything amounts to "press X to win" literally.

It's why games like Blacklist are 100 times the game any Assassins Creed game is, that's actually challenging but fair. Assassins Creed is just a big void of nothing.

Golden words my good sir.

#4 Edited by AmandaMauck27 (7 posts) -

https://www.facebook.com/Legitladygamers

#5 Posted by PredatorRules (7972 posts) -

I stopped caring about AC games since the god awful 3rd one.

#6 Edited by FelipeInside (25584 posts) -

@PredatorRules said:

I stopped caring about AC games since the god awful 3rd one.

Shame, cause Black Flag was one of the best AC games of all of them.

I don't understand how gamers love a series as long as it's good, but then one sequel doesn't hit all the right spots so they give up entirely on the whole thing.

#7 Edited by PredatorRules (7972 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

I stopped caring about AC games since the god awful 3rd one.

Shame, cause Black Flag was one of the best AC games of all of them.

I don't understand how gamers love a series as long as it's good, but then one sequel doesn't hit all the right spots so they give up entirely on the whole thing.

I've played that too, except for the ship fights it was the same boring gameplay.

I actually played them all but haven't finished anything aside from the original and the 3rd.

Their climax was on the 2nd game and I think they should've stopped there.

#8 Posted by FelipeInside (25584 posts) -

@PredatorRules said:

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

I stopped caring about AC games since the god awful 3rd one.

Shame, cause Black Flag was one of the best AC games of all of them.

I don't understand how gamers love a series as long as it's good, but then one sequel doesn't hit all the right spots so they give up entirely on the whole thing.

I've played that too, except for the ship fights it was the same boring gameplay.

I actually played them all but haven't finished anything aside from the original and the 3rd.

Their climax was on the 2nd game and I think they should've stopped there.

Oh well, to each his own I guess.

I will never understand how people see AssCreed's gameplay as boring. They have just kept on adding and adding to it with every sequel, to the point where you have multiple different ways to kill someone.

#9 Edited by attirex (799 posts) -

Black Flag was the first AC game I played--the pirate stuff was fantastic, but the fun level went off the cliff after I had completed all the side stuff (exploring ports, collecting all collectibles, doing all the mercenary missions, taking down all four legendary ships, etc) and was left with just the main mission quests. They were so awful that I figured there was no reason to keep playing. :-) Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

#10 Edited by PredatorRules (7972 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

I stopped caring about AC games since the god awful 3rd one.

Shame, cause Black Flag was one of the best AC games of all of them.

I don't understand how gamers love a series as long as it's good, but then one sequel doesn't hit all the right spots so they give up entirely on the whole thing.

I've played that too, except for the ship fights it was the same boring gameplay.

I actually played them all but haven't finished anything aside from the original and the 3rd.

Their climax was on the 2nd game and I think they should've stopped there.

Oh well, to each his own I guess.

I will never understand how people see AssCreed's gameplay as boring. They have just kept on adding and adding to it with every sequel, to the point where you have multiple different ways to kill someone.

Well they found a formula and they keep copy paste on each sequel with little changes, just like CoD games

I'm just sick of cheap copy paste games, nothing to do with AC in particular.

#11 Posted by FelipeInside (25584 posts) -

@PredatorRules said:

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

@FelipeInside said:

@PredatorRules said:

I stopped caring about AC games since the god awful 3rd one.

Shame, cause Black Flag was one of the best AC games of all of them.

I don't understand how gamers love a series as long as it's good, but then one sequel doesn't hit all the right spots so they give up entirely on the whole thing.

I've played that too, except for the ship fights it was the same boring gameplay.

I actually played them all but haven't finished anything aside from the original and the 3rd.

Their climax was on the 2nd game and I think they should've stopped there.

Oh well, to each his own I guess.

I will never understand how people see AssCreed's gameplay as boring. They have just kept on adding and adding to it with every sequel, to the point where you have multiple different ways to kill someone.

Well they found a formula and they keep copy paste on each sequel with little changes, just like CoD games

I'm just sick of cheap copy paste games, nothing to do with AC in particular.

Black Flag wasn't a copy and paste dude. It had all the exploration stuff, high seas stuff etc apart from the main storyline.

They didn't make "little changes", they added a shit ton of stuff.