never winter nights 2...good game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CloudSnap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CloudSnap
Member since 2011 • 103 Posts

heard great things, wanna play it, worth it?

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Aye fun game ..Grab the expansion packs as well... Worth it for sure..All the patches with the game cleaned things up nicely also..Cant go wrong with neverwinter nights 2..Every now and than ill go back and play it..Sill one of those games i keep on my hard drive..

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts
I just recently installed neverwinter nights 2 on my PC again (finally beat it, instead of playing 80% of the game and then wanting to start over with a new build to play around). Trying to update the game with the auto updater doesn't work as well as it should to beging with. Something isn't working correctly with it, or at least it didn't for me. If you get the game through Steam though, it should be fully updated. Otherwise you'll have to search on google how to install some manual patches to a point where the auto patcher will work correctly. It's a bit of a pain and not hard to do....just annoying.
Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

Bad vanilla campaign that is more then made up for in the expansion. Mask of the Betrayer's story was wrote by Chris Avellone so you know it will be good. So good that it has the best story in a game since Planescape.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#6 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I was thinking of picking it up, as theres a deluxe version on steam at the moment for 13.39.
CloudSnap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CloudSnap

thanks guys

roughly, how long is the game?

CloudSnap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CloudSnap

thanks guys

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

thanks guys

CloudSnap
Look at my sig. See the time I spent playing it. I didn't always have raptr running, especially the past 3 days when I played. I can easily say I put another 12 hours into the game since what my sig lists it at. So you can drop a lot of time in the original Neverwinter Nights 2, not to mention the expansions that are available for it.
bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Yea, i heard the MotB expansion was great. Also dont forget to hit up the NWN Vault for all the player created stuff and modules.

And NWN connections for meeting ppl to play MP with !

gaurav24988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gaurav24988
Member since 2010 • 28 Posts

it is definitely an awesome game

play it you wont regret it

spittis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 spittis
Member since 2005 • 1875 Posts

Oh god yes the Platinum version on Steam is so much worth it I don't find enough words if you like RPGs. There is a chance that it will pop up as an Daily deal even more discounted though.

And if you do all the sidequests and explore all areas and perhaps even craft some etc, you got a very long game ahead of you.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bussinrounds

I heard that steam limits the use of certain mods with games. What's the deal with steams version of NWN 2 ?

Nighteg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 Nighteg
Member since 2009 • 334 Posts
I can't seem to remember, is it voiced like modern RPGs, or there's a lot of reading to do, like the first NWN?
spittis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 spittis
Member since 2005 • 1875 Posts

I can't seem to remember, is it voiced like modern RPGs, or there's a lot of reading to do, like the first NWN?Nighteg

Both. Main character isn't voiced and most sidequest conversations and such are only text but everything related to main quest got voiced dialogue.

James00715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 James00715
Member since 2003 • 2484 Posts

I heard that steam limits the use of certain mods with games. What's the deal with steams version of NWN 2 ?

bussinrounds

It only doesn't work if it modifies the executable, but I haven't seen any NWN2 mod that needed that. NWN2 was made to be modded though, so everything can be done outside of the executable. Players can user the editor to make modules (work fine with Steam) or players can use the override file to add stuff to the base games.

SilverSignal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SilverSignal
Member since 2011 • 551 Posts
The Platinum version on Steam is the one to get. It's a big download though. Great game I really like it. I've not ran into any bugs while playing it.
GrizzledBoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GrizzledBoar
Member since 2011 • 60 Posts
If you could choose one, which game is the best? Fallout 1-2, Baldurs gate, Planescape Torment, or Neverwint nights. I never played any of these before but I want to get into one of these rpgs.
acsif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 acsif
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Well i played it a few years ago , and i can say i found the story INCREDIBLE at that time , i mean , it really sucked me in.Don't know if you mind how it looks , but it's deffinetly wortht checking out :D

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bussinrounds

If you could choose one, which game is the best? Fallout 1-2, Baldurs gate, Planescape Torment, or Neverwint nights. I never played any of these before but I want to get into one of these rpgs.GrizzledBoar

It depends. What type of setting do you enjoy the most ? Post Apocalptic ? (Fallouts) Forgotten Realms ? (standard d&d fantasy world- Baldurs Gates and NWN) or Planescape (just google planescape setting and read about it. lol, it's crazyness)

Are you interested in playing MP with other ppl ? If so, the NWN games would probably be a good choice. Are you looking for the best writing and story. (and don't mind reading) Planescape would be the choice for you then.

Also the Fallouts are turn based and you don't have full control over party members. As the other games are real time with pause and you have full party control (except for NWN1-you get followers )

BG 1 and 2 can be combined into 1 HUGE game (Baldurs Gate Trilogy) and there are a ton of mods for it. Even a megamod (Big World Project), which allows compitibality and installation for a mother load of mods. The BG games have a good balance of story and combat.

The best aspect of the NWN games aren't the official campaighns (aside from Mask of the Betrayer, which is excellent), it's the toolset and all the player created content at the NWN Vault (Modules, Persistent worlds, ect..) and the ability to party up with other ppl for mp.

CloudSnap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CloudSnap
[QUOTE="CloudSnap"]

thanks guys

neatfeatguy
Look at my sig. See the time I spent playing it. I didn't always have raptr running, especially the past 3 days when I played. I can easily say I put another 12 hours into the game since what my sig lists it at. So you can drop a lot of time in the original Neverwinter Nights 2, not to mention the expansions that are available for it.

thats hilarious. so im assuming its that good