Need urgent help with persistent BSOD.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Gambler_3 (7570 posts) -

Okay so heres what happened.

I restored data from an accidentally formatted SD card. Now there was this .mov video of 1.6GB. I tried to open it in powerDVD first but it said doesnt support format. Then I tried to run with media player classic and bam, the whole PC becomes a laggy mess and eventually freezes. Then shortly after I get the blue screen and reboot. And that was that now whenever I boot into windows it gives blue screen right before the accounts screen of windows 7. I booted into safe mode with networking just fine and right now thats where I am.

I have restored my PC to a previous state but yet I cant boot into normal mode. What can I possibly do here to try to solve this without a clean install? I am totally stable in safe mode it seems and I have already deleted that file which caused the problem. I have scanned for virus in safe mode but found nothing. I am running windows 7 ultimate 64-bit SP1.

#2 Posted by Elann2008 (32991 posts) -
do sfc /scannow. do a repair installation from windows DVD, if that doesn't fix the files. Some files may have been corrupted.
#3 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13613 posts) -

What was said above and also chkdsk /F

#4 Posted by roulettethedog (10978 posts) -

A clean install is the best way to rid the old blue screen. Try to get files off that you really want and see if they are corrupt on another computer if possible.

#5 Posted by BenwaQ (129 posts) -

It is like saying: "Sir, I have a hole in a wall of my living room". And the sir says: "I will have to completely rebuild your house from scratch".

C'est la solution des paresseux.

#6 Posted by Elann2008 (32991 posts) -

It is like saying: "Sir, I have a hole in a wall of my living room". And the sir says: "I will have to completely rebuild your house from scratch".

BenwaQ

Sometimes, fixing a hole in the wall is a lot easier than diagnosing a PC with 20 different possible symptoms. 

#7 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13613 posts) -

BenwaQ

Only if it takes 1 hour to rebuild your entire house.

#8 Posted by Gambler_3 (7570 posts) -

Hey guys my GPU has died, I was able to get into windows by uninstalling nvidia driver in safe mode but whatever driver I install I get blue error. Now my PC isnt booting into even the BIOS as there is just blank screen upon boot. Plugged in another card and everything was running fine. 

I am thinking of getting the AMD 7770. Wish I had the money for 7850 but still 7770 seems like a mamooth upgrade from GTS 250 so I'll be happy.

Nvidia seems to have gotten a bit over priced what happened? Havent been following the GPU scene these days.

#9 Posted by Gambler_3 (7570 posts) -

Oh ya so the GTX 650 Ti is a good option as well.

#10 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13613 posts) -

In the low end, AMD dominates, mid range and high end it is relatively equal depending on who had the most recent driver updates.   The 7770 will be very nice.

#11 Posted by kraken2109 (13075 posts) -

If money is tight you could always look used, but I guess you want something DX11 etc

A friend of mine just bought a GTX 285 for £40, It's an old card but a still good performance (matches 650 which is £100+)

#12 Posted by Gambler_3 (7570 posts) -

Hey guys look what I just got.

602861_10152595701145316_1491062760_n.jp

:D

#13 Posted by kraken2109 (13075 posts) -

Hey guys look what I just got.

:D

Gambler_3
Enjoy