Need suggestions for a good hard drive for gamming.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gordan34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gordan34
Member since 2005 • 32 Posts

My 2TB Western Digital gaming hard drive is going out on me I think. The other day 100gb of my games just disappeared off my drive. I did a error check and some things were fixed but my games were still missing. So, I need to know what's a good 2TB hard drive I can buy, or if there is a non-expensive 3TB hard drive that would be okay as well. I'm only going to be putting games on it and nothing else. I need to find one fast, because I have over 200gb of steam games installed and I don't want to install them all again. Any help is much appreciated, thank you! :D

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@Gordan34 said:

My 2TB Western Digital gaming hard drive is going out on me I think. The other day 100gb of my games just disappeared off my drive. I did a error check and some things were fixed but my games were still missing. So, I need to know what's a good 2TB hard drive I can buy, or if there is a non-expensive 3TB hard drive that would be okay as well. I'm only going to be putting games on it and nothing else. I need to find one fast, because I have over 200gb of steam games installed and I don't want to install them all again. Any help is much appreciated, thank you! :D

Western Digital Black

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@Gordan34 said:

Either WD or SeaGate.

Should be fine with Blue ones, Black ones give you a 5 year warranty, I heard the RED ones are the best if you have spare money.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

@Gordan34 said:

Either WD or SeaGate.

Should be fine with Blue ones, Black ones give you a 5 year warranty, I heard the RED ones are the best if you have spare money.

It goes like this with Western Digital (I would stay away from Seagate)

Green: for home PCs that aren't gaming PCs, they use lower power and turn themselves off (or go into low state) when not in use

Blue: for work workstations

Red: for NAS Boxes

Purple: for surveillance systems (cameras)

Black: For servers and high end gaming PC, fastest read speed and cache