Need some help with my PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jageroux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Jageroux
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hi, new guy here.

Okay, so, normally, I'm a Console Gamer kind of guy. Y'know, PS3/PS4 and all that stuff. But, just yesterday, I finally bought a PC, upgrading from my 2000 Rig. The one I bought isn't flashy or 'new' buy any standards, but, to my surprise, it isn't terrible.

So, the purpose of this post is, after looking through some online games, I've found one that meets my fancy:

Vindictus, by Nexon.

I can play it on Low (15-20FPS) or Medium (10-15 FPS with noticeable drops) if I fiddle with the settings, so I'd like to know what would be decent upgrades so I can play with at least 30FPS/Medium without any trouble.

Any help would be appreciated, and if there are any games you can recommend that would suit my current rig, I'd appreciate it. I know I can play BF2/Oblivion without any problems, so I'm just interested in if there's anything else my PC may be able to play that has, at least, been made in the last 10 years (2004 and forward).

Here are my specs:

ProcessorAMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3800+
ManufacturerAMD
Speed2.4 GHz
Number of Cores1
CPU ID078BFBFF00020FF2
Family0F
Model2F
Stepping2

Revision

Video Card

NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE
ManufacturerNVIDIA
ChipsetGeForce 6150 LE
Dedicated Memory64 MB
Total Memory1.0 GB
Pixel Shader Version3.0
Vertex Shader Version3.0
Hardware T & LYes
Vendor ID10DE
Device ID0241
Plug and Play IDVEN_10DE&DEV_0241&SUBSYS_2A3E103C&REV_A2
Driver Version9.18.13.783
Memory3.5 GB
Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit
Service Pack1
Size32 Bit
EditionHome Premium
Version6.1.7601
Locale0409
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Dude, I really hope you didn't spend too much money on that thing. It's like eight years old.

For one, the CPU is a single-core and it's also using onboard video, which is why you can't run shit.

I would send it back and start from scratch, because whatever you choose to upgrade is probably going to more expensive than what you paid for the PC itself.

Jageroux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jageroux

Do you have any recommendations in regards to a new PC? Something cheap-ish, preferably. I only paid $80, omitting tax, for this, because I just needed a new PC and I had a friend who was selling.

Because this thing can run Vindictus, I doubt I'll need a $700 PC to be able to run it decently. I suppose, at best, I'd be willing to shell out $200-300 for a new-er PC if I had to. I'm not a PC Gamer by any means, so any help in picking a decent yet 'budget'/'affordable' one out would be greatly appreciated.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@jageroux said:

Do you have any recommendations in regards to a new PC? Something cheap-ish, preferably. I only paid $80, omitting tax, for this, because I just needed a new PC and I had a friend who was selling.

Because this thing can run Vindictus, I doubt I'll need a $700 PC to be able to run it decently. I suppose, at best, I'd be willing to shell out $200-300 for a new-er PC if I had to. I'm not a PC Gamer by any means, so any help in picking a decent yet 'budget'/'affordable' one out would be greatly appreciated.

I could build you a nice gaming budget PC for 500$ maybe 400$ but nothing less than that, you may try 2nd handed PCs or just buy a brand new console.

Jageroux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jageroux

@PredatorRules said:

@jageroux said:

I could build you a nice gaming budget PC for 500$ maybe 400$ but nothing less than that, you may try 2nd handed PCs or just buy a brand new console.

Really? Seems like a pretty sweet deal, and something I'll definitely check into when I'm able to afford that.

Tell me, is this a somewhat decent rig? It has a price tag of $300:

CPU

CPU Type
Sempron
CPU Speed
3850 (1.30GHz)
L2 Cache Per CPU
2MB
CPU Main Features
64 bit Quad-Core Processor

Graphics

GPU/VGA Type
AMD Radeon HD 8280

Memory

Memory Capacity
4GB DDR3
Memory Speed
DDR3 1600
Memory Slot (Total)
Maximum Memory Supported
32GB
I don't know if any of you are familiar with it, but it's the CyberPower EQ100, and it seems like it'd be something good for someone who doesn't do a lot of PC gaming, like me.
Can you guys tell me if it's a decent PC for the price, or would it be wiser to pass it up?
commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@jageroux said:

@PredatorRules said:

@jageroux said:

Really? Seems like a pretty sweet deal, and something I'll definitely check into when I'm able to afford that.

CPU

CPU Type
Sempron
CPU Speed
3850 (1.30GHz)
L2 Cache Per CPU
2MB
CPU Main Features

Graphics

GPU/VGA Type
AMD Radeon HD 8280

Memory

Memory Capacity
4GB DDR3
Memory Speed
DDR3 1600
Memory Slot (Total)
Maximum Memory Supported
32GB
I don't know if any of you are familiar with it, but it's the CyberPower EQ100, and it seems like it'd be something good for someone who doesn't do a lot of PC gaming, like me.
Can you guys tell me if it's a decent PC for the price, or would it be wiser to pass it up?

horrendous system

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

This quick search on newegg is leagues better

Desktop

GPU

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@jageroux said:

@PredatorRules said:

@jageroux said:

CPU

CPU Type
Sempron
CPU Speed
3850 (1.30GHz)
L2 Cache Per CPU
2MB
CPU Main Features

Graphics

GPU/VGA Type
AMD Radeon HD 8280

Memory

Memory Capacity
4GB DDR3
Memory Speed
DDR3 1600
Memory Slot (Total)
Maximum Memory Supported
32GB

I'll pass, here I built you something: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sK7st6 you can remove the CPU cooler out of that list and stay with the stock one but I heard the stock ones don't cool that good and very noisy.

Jageroux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jageroux

Thank you guys for all your assistance, and I'm definitely going to look into everything you linked.