Need new motherboard+CPU suggestions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

I am looking to spend $350 US give or take on a new CPU + Motherboard.

Currently have:

FX8150

Gigabyte 990fx

8GB ddr3 1866

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@_SKatEDiRt_ said:

I am looking to spend $350 US give or take on a new CPU + Motherboard.

What's your current CPU and MOBO? it could turn out as not worth spending more money on any of these parts.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xBMMTW <<< best value for your 350$ in case your current CPU, MOBO or CPU cooler suck

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3  Edited By insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

You should go with i5-4690K, ASRock Z97Z Fatal1ty Killer, Cooler Master Seidon 120V (liquid).

But if you already have a CPU cooler then go with i5-4690K, ASUS Z97-A.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 _SKatEDiRt_

I was looking at the 4690k and was looking at getting an i7 instead. I have never done an Intel build before but I'm appalled at my 8150 causing me to get 40 fps dips in insurgency 2

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GeryGo  Moderator

@_SKatEDiRt_ said:

I was looking at the 4690k and was looking at getting an i7 instead. I have never done an Intel build before but I'm appalled at my 8150 causing me to get 40 fps dips in insurgency 2

If you do not edit, there's no point getting i7.

Alucrd2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Alucrd2009
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

I don't know what to say , but i have never encountered a problem with my CPU . and i m running most of the games maxed out without any throttling , and i m not overclocking the CPU and i don't need tell me a game and i ll tell you my fps even record it for you.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

@Jawad2007 said:

I don't know what to say , but i have never encountered a problem with my CPU . and i m running most of the games maxed out without any throttling , and i m not overclocking the CPU and i don't need tell me a game and i ll tell you my fps even record it for you.

TC might play games that depends more on the CPU than you.

Alucrd2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By Alucrd2009
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

@horgen: well ; i would like to try one of them , i play most of the games , or at least try them , most of my games is RTS and i think they are pretty demanding in CPU level .i know that AMD CPU is not as Intel CPU's but they still pretty good .

Dragon age inquestion , World of war craft , shadow of Mordor , Bf4 , Arama 3 , Batman , Farcry 4 . my latest purchases and i got 60 fps with v sync on, Maxed out at ultra setting without any issue .

sometimes you need to install the correct software and you're windows have to be working right maybe something in the back ground is limiting your performance . yesterday i was alt taping between wow and dragon age and playing both at the same time without an issue . I was like wow thats really Great to see an 3 years CPU can do that without hick up's I only need an SSD for more performance as my HDD is totally waked .

-BTW atm i m using Windows 10 Technical review and it serving me well .

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@Jawad2007 said:

@horgen: well ; i would like to try one of them , i play most of the games , or at least try them , most of my games is RTS and i think they are pretty demanding in CPU level .i know that AMD CPU is not as Intel CPU's but they still pretty good .

Dragon age inquestion , World of war craft , shadow of Mordor , Bf4 , Arama 3 , Batman , Farcry 4 . my latest purchases and i got 60 fps with v sync on, Maxed out at ultra setting without any issue .

sometimes you need to install the correct software and you're windows have to be working right maybe something in the back ground is limiting your performance . yesterday i was alt taping between wow and dragon age and playing both at the same time without an issue . I was like wow thats really Great to see an 3 years CPU can do that without hick up's I only need an SSD for more performance as my HDD is totally waked .

-BTW atm i m using Windows 10 Technical review and it serving me well .

That moment when Unity gets boost from a 1000$ CPU:

LOL but to be honest it got only 4-6fps boost for an extra 100$ (4670K vs. 4770K)

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 _SKatEDiRt_

I have a GTX 570 2560MB. But I dont think that should be causing my lag in these games. especially source engine games

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@_SKatEDiRt_ said:

I have a GTX 570 2560MB. But I dont think that should be causing my lag in these games. especially source engine games

Question is how old is your windows install? Doing a fresh copy of windows and using up to date drivers can fix it if its an OS/software or driver issue. Also is your cpu throttling down and staying there? Also I would update you bios on your motherboard test it out, if no luck, try turning off all cpu power saving options and see if it helps. If none of these things work then look into a new cpu/mobo upgrade.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 _SKatEDiRt_

@04dcarraher said:

@_SKatEDiRt_ said:

Question is how old is your windows install? Doing a fresh copy of windows and using up to date drivers can fix it if its an OS/software or driver issue. Also is your cpu throttling down and staying there? Also I would update you bios on your motherboard test it out, if no luck, try turning off all cpu power saving options and see if it helps. If none of these things work then look into a new cpu/mobo upgrade.

I honestly think i have a bad windows 7 copy. i get better fps in games on xp than this win 7 install

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Verify the files on the steam tab for insurgency. Perhaps do a reinstall windows and get the latest drivers.

@Jawad2007 said:

Do yourself a favor and overclock! It'll be even smoother.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 _SKatEDiRt_

What is a good fast motherboard for LGA 1150?

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

@_SKatEDiRt_ said:

What is a good fast motherboard for LGA 1150?

ASUS Z97-A

MSI Z97-G45 Gaming

ASRock Z97 Fatal1ty Killer

ASRock Z97 Extreme4