need help deciding between a tv stand w/mount, or to wall mount

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Gokuja (3761 posts) -

I've been looking up and researching the topic lately and still cannot decide. I don't really find the tv stand w/mount aesthetically pleasing, the metal and glass ones, but I do not dislike them. I do like ones with wooden frames better, like this one which I almost bought, was looking at a similar one on amazon to. I also picked out a set of speaker stands for my 2 front onkyo speakers if I decide to go this route.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/TV-Stands/15443310?findingMethod=rr

Then when deciding whether to wall mount I just fear that my tv will fall off, even though I know thats probably rare unless its not installed correctly. I rent and the walls are not drywood, they are thick, brick or concrete or some material like that, its hard so I'm sure it can support it. And I know you have to deal with cords which I'm sure is a pain but I can manage. I know wall mounted tvs give off a better look, especially for the tv I have (un55d7000 samsung). Picking out the wall mount will be easy, but I don't like alot of wooden entertainment centers or stands, but I do like this model alot, and is one reason why I haven't been able to decide between my new setup.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001F1DVXQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A1QFM750CLWIW0

If I got this I would still like to wall mount my tv so I can set my center speaker on top shelf, then that should make room for my reciever, ps3 and 360. I know the sides of the tv stand is probably a little lower than what you would like to set your twofront speakers, but I don't mind. This route would cost more but I think it would ultimately look very nice.

My 3rd option is that I could wall mount and get 2 of these types of shelves

http://www.amazon.com/Cheetah-Mounts-AS3B-Component-Bracket/dp/B002MAO142/ref=pd_sim_e_16

I can't say I love them more than the other 2 ideas but I think it still looks good, and its more simple and low profile than having a bigger tv stand and everything else, and then of course I would have the 2 speaker stands as meantioned above. I'm just having a real hard time deciding between the pro's and cons. Any input or help would be appreciated.

P.S. sry bout no link, have had problems with them and haven't taken the time to figure out how to fix.

#2 Posted by biggerdjam (259 posts) -

TLDR...

#3 Posted by Gokuja (3761 posts) -

TLDR...

biggerdjam
Summarization: to get wall mount, or tv stand w/wall mount. The post isn't even that long.
#4 Posted by biggerdjam (259 posts) -

iiight ill be straight up w/ you. i have a 42" on a tv stand/w a mount so that i can move the stand if i want without puttung holes in my walls .

#5 Posted by Gokuja (3761 posts) -

iiight ill be straight up w/ you. i have a 42" on a tv stand/w a mount so that i can move the stand if i want without puttung holes in my walls .

biggerdjam
ya...forgot about that point. I am moving my setup and think I will be happier with the results and really wouldn't plan to move it until I move out. But still a good point. if I got the south shore tv stand I could always just take it off the wall mount, and put it on the stand if I planned to move it. You can always fill the holes. I'll decide eventually lol, just tryin to find a lil help.
#6 Posted by nunovlopes (2607 posts) -

TLDR

Wall mount looks good in theory but it is not practical. What do you do with all the cables? And then you can't turn the TV.

#7 Posted by Gokuja (3761 posts) -
[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

TLDR

Wall mount looks good in theory but it is not practical. What do you do with all the cables? And then you can't turn the TV.

?? you can do a few things with the cables. and I'm pretty sure they have wall mounts that can be turned and some that can angle up and down
#10 Posted by kraken2109 (13127 posts) -
your changing is nice.you are right after changing some thing thins and look was so great for very beautiful tv stands like your style and want more please go here mark552495
dat spam.
#12 Posted by amangrewal12 (1 posts) -
As suggestion, never settle for any sub-standard TV wall mount to save a couple of bucks. Your saved bucks from the poor quality products can pay the toll of mishaps for the innocents under the mounted TV or the bystanders; don't forget the costly TV for which you have such an arrangement will also crash for ever. The next suggestion, since the market is full of varieties, go for a Swivel type mounting, because this will allow you and your family to view the TV from any angel within the room comfortability. If you go for the tilted TV wall mounts then the charm of TV viewing as again additional. You can adjust the TV upwards and downwards as per the suitability. So, go ahead with all the above points in mind. http://www.tvmountswholesale.com/
#13 Posted by superman552495 (1 posts) -
Wall mount looks good in theory but it is not practical. What do you do with all the cables? And then you can't turn the TV. more
#14 Posted by kraken2109 (13127 posts) -

Any mods around to close this thread?

Seems to attract a lot of spam.