Need help choosing a laptop to buy

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dilan12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Dilan12345
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hi there, I want to buy a laptop as I will be starting university very soon. I want the laptop to be an all purpose laptop but I want it to be able to run games decently. I currently have a Toshiba Satellite C50-A-146, which doesnt have very good specs but I can run League of Legends at low graphics smoothly and constant 40-60 fps. League of Legends is the only game I play at the moment, so if my current laptop can run it smoothly, maybe I dont need a fancy one. Ive looked at some laptops which have i3, i5 and i7 processors but I'm not sure which one to go for, or if i even need any of those, since I will just play 1 game (League of Legends) and then general things such as browse the internet, movies ect. In addition, would I need a good graphics card or not?

My price range is between £300 ($511) - £500 ($852)

So if you guys know a good laptop within the price range and could please tell me the name of it so I can look it up, it would be great and also advise me on graphic cards and processors and anything else I am missing out on since I don't know much about whats needed in a laptop.

Thank you in advance

Dilan12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 Dilan12345
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I've come across a Dell laptop which is : Inspiron 15 5000 Series (Intel®). It has a 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-4210U processor (3M Cache, up to 2.7 GHz) and AMD Radeon™ HD R7 M265 2GB DDR3 Video/Graphic card. The laptop is £479.

Are the specs on this laptop too high for what I need, meaning I can get a cheaper laptop with lower specs but still be able to do the same things I want to (read my first post)?