Name a game that was more fun in beta.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

name a game that was more fun in alpha/beta then after it was released.

It can be simply the game lost steam for being in beta for so long or balance and mechanics were changed for the worse.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@blangenakker said:

name a game that was more fun in alpha/beta then after it was released.

It can be simply the game lost steam for being in beta for so long or balance and mechanics were changed for the worse.

For me it was Elder Scrolls Online. I had a really good time in Beta, and the quests were actually hard at starting areas. In the final product, I just breezed through the first 15 levels, maybe they nerfed it?

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#3 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

For me it was early summer 1997 when Origin sent me Ultima Online beta cd in the mail... they deleted characters almost every day at times but it was so fun to play it... and the game at the time had no rules whatsoever, you could kill in towns, steal, do all sorts of bad stuff... guards were fairly useless at that time and you could get away with any crimes inside towns. With the constant character wiping it gave everyone a fair chance in the game and nobody ever got far ahead.

The game was still fun later on until they eventually screwed it up from too many changes. It was a one time thing, you can't relive it, because the times were right for it because there had not been quite an open mmo like that before, but it was a fun beta even though it only lasted a little over a month.

I never had the same fun as I did in those first couple weeks of the beta.