Mystery Adventure Games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sutekhie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sutekhie
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I'm a huge fan of the Gabriel Knight series of games and was looking for a gaming experience that could be similar to those. I was wondering if anyone here had any games that they ould recommend that could be similar that series. I'd prefere either horror or mystery style adventure games but I'm willing to try anything that someone has had a great time playing. I have played the penumbra series and am also considering Amnesia Dark Decent. Any opinions would be appreciated.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
Black Mirror is one of the most atmospheric games I've played. The sequel Black Mirror II is less memorable but a more consistent game. Murder in the Abbey is pretty good too. Still Life Dead Reefs The Moment of Silence
Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

Tex Murphy? Pandora Detective is $3 on GoG this weekend here. Sanitarium is a good one too.

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts
You could try the Broken Sword series.
Timk1931

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Timk1931
Member since 2005 • 698 Posts

If you liked the Penumbra series a lot you should definately like Amnesia. Though Amnesia is a much scarier IMO.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

art of murder series by city interactive is a great series in the murder mystery class genre.. its point & click

theres a really wild scene where.. ehh might as well show you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcTeecp-T1c

Avatar image for deactivated-5f870bc7412da
deactivated-5f870bc7412da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5f870bc7412da
Member since 2004 • 299 Posts

I seriously recommend 'The Lost Crown: A ghosthunting adventure'.

There's much more to it than the title suggests. It's atmospheric, beautifully crafted and will last a good few hours. Granted the sprites aren't brilliant, and the voice acting is sometimes a little stilted, but it barely detracts from a great mystery adventure like you asked for.

sylvaedawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 sylvaedawn
Member since 2010 • 60 Posts

Dark Fall: The Journalis a very good atmospheric point-n-click adventure game, though it is not at least that talkative as a GK series.

Also Scratches: Director's Cut is pretty scary - it has nicely done jumping moments...

Other very good horror games I played: Sanitarium,Amber: Journeys Beyond, Last Half of Darkness: Beyond the Spirit's Eye, Last Half of Darkness: Tomb of Zojir, Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.

And I'm playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent these last days and the game is awesome so far - full of medieval mysteries, with pretty good puzzles and... scares a --- out of me... (-;