My thoughts on Far Cry 3.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by HyperWarlock (3261 posts) -

Far Cry 3 is the game i've been waiting for for years. Everything about the game is awesome. To name but a few...

- Hunting

- Weapons

- Driving

- Outposts

- Story

- Characters

- Graphics

- Overall polished feel to the game

It's my personal GOTY for sure, I can see myself playing this game for many years to come. Good job Ubisoft, good job.

#2 Posted by Elann2008 (32991 posts) -
It's definitely in my top 3 this year. Ubisoft, acquire THQ now!
#3 Posted by nutcrackr (12628 posts) -
*internet high five* crocodiles, sharks, komodo dragons Oh My
#4 Posted by Elann2008 (32991 posts) -
[QUOTE="nutcrackr"]*internet high five* crocodiles, sharks, komodo dragons Oh My

I escaped one shark attack. Survived a family of Komodo Dragons. I think there were like 9 of them. it really took me by surprise..
#5 Posted by Sweetbackhair (1926 posts) -
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="nutcrackr"]*internet high five* crocodiles, sharks, komodo dragons Oh My

I escaped one shark attack. Survived a family of Komodo Dragons. I think there were like 9 of them. it really took me by surprise..

I had to swim to the bottom of the ocean just to skin a shark and it sucked
#6 Posted by bulletsword (13995 posts) -
My only real gripes with the game included how hunting and crafting began to feel shallow around the halfway point and that the main character goes from being an average bro to Rambo in about five minutes (I don't know why, but seeing. Still my favorite shooter of the year, and probably the best single-player shooter I've played since the original STALKER. Come to think of it, if STALKER and Far Cry 3 had a baby, the singleplayer FPS genre could just retire and call it quits. Game over, man. You win.
#7 Posted by TwistedShade (3165 posts) -

The single player is amazing so fa., I know Farcry isn't about it's multiplayer but i'm really disappointed in how it's handled. the servers are terrible, I constantly get disconnected, and I can't play coop with a friend, because we can never invite one other.

#8 Posted by --Anna-- (4493 posts) -

Love the game, just wish my character was more like Jack Carver.

#9 Posted by Elann2008 (32991 posts) -
[QUOTE="Sweetbackhair"][QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="nutcrackr"]*internet high five* crocodiles, sharks, komodo dragons Oh My

:lol: That's something I would have done too. "I remember killing 2 sharks.. but I only skinned one. Where's the other?" *MUST FIND!* haha
#10 Posted by Maroxad (8322 posts) -

It is good, but not great. The main story had too many quick time events and turret sections for my tastes. The game lacked in difficulty, enemies are repetitive and unthreatening, stealth had some quirks, the level up system was poorly done, money was useless, the survival aspects were non-existant and hunting became pointless soon enough.

But its fun, and in the end, that is what I was looking for.

#11 Posted by Sweetbackhair (1926 posts) -
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="Sweetbackhair"][QUOTE="Elann2008"] I escaped one shark attack. Survived a family of Komodo Dragons. I think there were like 9 of them. it really took me by surprise..

:lol: That's something I would have done too. "I remember killing 2 sharks.. but I only skinned one. Where's the other?" *MUST FIND!* haha

Haha it's a pain because we need shark skin!
#12 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26184 posts) -

Just gonna sit back and snipe this ca-OHJESUSF*CK WHERE DID THAT TIGER COME FROM! I swear those things have teleportation or something, cause he was no where near me when I started to snipe.

Not too long after, I was saved by a random tiger bro who happened to be on the other side of another camp who thought Vaas's men looked tasty.

#13 Posted by HyperWarlock (3261 posts) -

Just gonna sit back and snipe this ca-OHJESUSF*CK WHERE DID THAT TIGER COME FROM! I swear those things have teleportation or something, cause he was no where near me when I started to snipe.

Not too long after, I was saved by a random tiger bro who happened to be on the other side of another camp who thought Vaas's men looked tasty.

ChubbyGuy40

I went to a shop and equipped an RPG, Bow, Sniper and an Assualt Rifle. I went into the wild feeling unstoppbable, taking out pigs and buffalo. Then out of nowhere comes a couple of tigers and I end up getting chased of a cliff. Biggest comedown ever :(

#14 Posted by flipin_jackass (9726 posts) -
I get a little anxiety when animals like deers and pigs start running towards me because I feel a tiger is probably not far behind. lol
#15 Posted by Sweetbackhair (1926 posts) -
I was taking out a camp and while trying to sneak in a tiger just comes out of nowhere and murders me!
#16 Posted by Elann2008 (32991 posts) -

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

HyperWarlock

I went to a shop and equipped an RPG, Bow, Sniper and an Assualt Rifle. I went into the wild feeling unstoppbable, taking out pigs and buffalo. Then out of nowhere comes a couple of tigers and I end up getting chased of a cliff. Biggest comedown ever :(

:lol: Dang. Next time, capture that on a vid. Please. :D
#17 Posted by KHAndAnime (13867 posts) -

It didn't quite click with me. I only played 4 hours in, but from what I saw it suffered from boring quests and a painfully bad story (with laughable cliches galore). I expected a little more unpredictability with my game experience. The hunting was some of the dumbest I've ever seen and didn't make sense, with animals taking clips from assault rifles before dropping.

#18 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16314 posts) -

As soon as I left the safehouse, I saw a boar being chased by a tiger. When the tiger saw me, it went after me instead. So, I shot it. While I was skinning the cat, the boar came up and charged at me. So, I shot it too.

Screenshot0142_zpsff51ccf8.jpg

Some players may find Far Cry 3 repetitive like most huge sandbox games. If the setting wasn't an island near the Tropics, I might find it repetitive too. But, I love the setting. So, it never gets old.

#19 Posted by Advid-Gamer (4642 posts) -

It didn't quite click with me. I only played 4 hours in, but from what I saw it suffered from boring quests and a painfully bad story (with laughable cliches galore). I expected a little more unpredictability with my game experience. The hunting was some of the dumbest I've ever seen and didn't make sense, with animals taking clips from assault rifles before dropping.

KHAndAnime
Its a video game, animals were made hard to kill on purpose because it had to do with the upgrade system. The way alot of u pc gamers respond to different topics make me think most are whiny noobs with no skill.. but maybe i am reading it wrong
#20 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16314 posts) -

Far Cry 3 is the game i've been waiting for for years. Everything about the game is awesome. To name but a few...

- Hunting

- Weapons

- Driving

- Outposts

- Story

- Characters

- Graphics

- Overall polished feel to the game

It's my personal GOTY for sure, I can see myself playing this game for many years to come. Good job Ubisoft, good job.

HyperWarlock

You can also add boating (jet ski, rubber boats, and cabin cruiser) plus hangliding, wingsuit, and parachute. The wingsuit is fun when jumping off the tallest mountain.

But, I find the water sports special. I'm a big fan of Wave Race 64 which transferred over to the first Far Cry, then Crysis, and now, far Cry 3.

#21 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4135 posts) -
Why did you think the story was good? What should have been the most intense and satisfying moments in the game was just a QTE fest that left a lot to be desired. The rest of the game is superb but how they did the story was awful.
#22 Posted by HyperWarlock (3261 posts) -

Why did you think the story was good? What should have been the most intense and satisfying moments in the game was just a QTE fest that left a lot to be desired. The rest of the game is superb but how they did the story was awful.Toxic-Seahorse

I'm not sure, but I'm always itching to advance the story of the game, so that must mean it has something going for it as in games like Skyrim, GTA (except 4) or Fallout I couldn't care less about the story

#23 Posted by KHAndAnime (13867 posts) -

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

Advid-Gamer

Its a video game, animals were made hard to kill on purpose because it had to do with the upgrade system. The way alot of u pc gamers respond to different topics make me think most are whiny noobs with no skill.. but maybe i am reading it wrong

I didn't find it hard, I simply found it stupid. Even animals that don't fight back took way too much damage. There are plenty of ways you can balance animals aside from giving them **** of health. Could they have considered making them a little more agile instead? You know, like real life?

#24 Posted by BattleSpectre (6210 posts) -

Stop teasing me, all of you! lol i have the game but i want to clear some of my backlog before i start it. But after reading some of these comments it makes me want to dive straight into the game and waste no time. Glad it lived up to its hype

#25 Posted by punkpunker (3321 posts) -

and than there are wingsuits...

Blew my mind.