My friend will not stop playing counter strike!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts
He just is on it all the time, saying its the best game ever.I tried to show him games I like more like operation flashpoint, rainbow six raven shield and rogue sphere, Quake 3 and Wolfinstein: enemy territory, but he says they suck compared to counter strike! What other games could he play to get him off counter strike?
Pete5506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#2 Pete5506
Member since 2006 • 10112 Posts

Tell him to play DoDS or tell him he should try battlefield 2 or 2142

1337_ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 1337_ownage
Member since 2006 • 1668 Posts
He just is on it all the time, saying its the best game ever.I tried to show him games I like more like operation flashpoint, rainbow six raven shield and rogue sphere, Quake 3 and Wolfinstein: enemy territory, but he says they suck compared to counter strike! What other games could he play to get him off counter strike?Film-Guy

you cant...theres always a challenge....unlike the others once you beat it on all diffeculties its just done you are done......on cs so many maps....each map has so many challenges.....im tryin to master dust 2 perfectly which isnt always easy.....and the community is SOO big...
t0adphr0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 t0adphr0g
Member since 2006 • 882 Posts

Why would you want to get him off Counter Strike?  He sounds like a cool guy actually, not to be swayed away from what he thinks is best.  Does he play Source, or 1.6? Also ask him if he is in a clan, I know a few CS gamers that are looking for another hardcore player.

TruSake1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TruSake1
Member since 2005 • 123 Posts

if you don't want him to play that game and he won't listen, then just shoot him

shoot him like a Columbine student

or blow him up like 9/11

that'll get that bastard to stop playing

micholobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 micholobe
Member since 2003 • 326 Posts
black metal is the trve solution
gamergeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gamergeek
Member since 2003 • 567 Posts

He just is on it all the time, saying its the best game ever.I tried to show him games I like more like operation flashpoint, rainbow six raven shield and rogue sphere, Quake 3 and Wolfinstein: enemy territory, but he says they suck compared to counter strike! What other games could he play to get him off counter strike?Film-Guy

ummm first of all, all those games did suck compared to cs and secondly cs cannot be topped by any game. Once your hooked on cs theres no going back!
gamergeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gamergeek
Member since 2003 • 567 Posts

if you don't want him to play that game and he won't listen, then just shoot him

shoot him like a Columbine student

or blow him up like 9/11

that'll get that bastard to stop playing

TruSake1
wow.
el_carl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 el_carl
Member since 2006 • 2376 Posts
If he's your friend, you'd let him do what he wants.
sal_2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sal_2000
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
If your friend want to play a game that is hard and long then I would say Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corner of the Earth. It is the hardest game I ever played and your friend would be hooked on it for looooong time until he finishes it. IF he doesn't like it then tell him "get a life". The only reason people like CS is because you play against people on-line like Halo 2 on-line. Millions of people play Halo 2 live to compete and only reason  I don't like CS is the graphics and its old to me .
way2funny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 way2funny
Member since 2003 • 4570 Posts

[QUOTE="Film-Guy"]He just is on it all the time, saying its the best game ever.I tried to show him games I like more like operation flashpoint, rainbow six raven shield and rogue sphere, Quake 3 and Wolfinstein: enemy territory, but he says they suck compared to counter strike! What other games could he play to get him off counter strike?gamergeek

ummm first of all, all those games did suck compared to cs and secondly cs cannot be topped by any game. Once your hooked on cs theres no going back!

America's Army begs to differ.
Ive played CS many times, i was actually playing the pass two days. It just isnt as good as people say, its so fake tactically. You run, and gun, or camp. Its not a bad game, but it just feels outdated. Source is just a remake of the original, it adds nothing new. Once youve played more complex tactical shooters, you wont want to go back to CS other than a small break from the more complex, more in-depth game.
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts

[QUOTE="Film-Guy"]He just is on it all the time, saying its the best game ever.I tried to show him games I like more like operation flashpoint, rainbow six raven shield and rogue sphere, Quake 3 and Wolfinstein: enemy territory, but he says they suck compared to counter strike! What other games could he play to get him off counter strike?gamergeek

explain how operation flashpoint is not a good game? I had tons more fun with that game than counter strike, I also enjoyed rainbow six raven shield and rogue sphere more than counter strike. counter strike isnt that amazing.
PwningStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PwningStick
Member since 2005 • 453 Posts
counter strike isnt that amazing.Film-Guy

And that is EXACTLY why it's much more popular. It's a simple team death match game, simple objectives, simple yet skillful gameplay. And that's exactly why it's so fun.
User10293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 User10293
Member since 2004 • 600 Posts
Does it really matter if he only plays Couterstrike? I personally don't think it's that great of a game either but if he wants to play it then just let him
Letesmetty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Letesmetty
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts
black metal is the trve solutionmicholobe
Black metal is always the solution.
GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

why would he stop playing that game? it's great mp FPS - the only similar game for CS: S in the gameplay i can suggest on F.E.A.R. Combat - another great mp FPS