Mp games for a one-handed guy

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Satyesu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Satyesu
Member since 2009 • 71 Posts

I have only one working hand but have a 13-button mouse. I'm nowhere near competitive at F- and TPS's, so may I have ideas about other games I can play online? I hear LoL isn't easy to make friends on, so that's probably a no-go.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Civilization 5? Guild Wars 2?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@Satyesu said:

I have only one working hand but have a 13-button mouse. I'm nowhere near competitive at F- and TPS's, so may I have ideas about other games I can play online? I hear LoL isn't easy to make friends on, so that's probably a no-go.

Starcraft 2 ???

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

I played once FEAR Combat with mouse only (right click walk straight, left click to shoot, middle scroll set to exit botton), not to brag about it but I was on 1st place - and that's with mouse only XD

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Diablo 3 perhaps? Hell, I'd just set a gamepad up by my foot and take on anything, I've seen people come up with their own solutions before (due to limited usage of arms and hands), you don't need a traditional setup to compete. My dad's old friend played Tribes (the original) with mostly just one hand, originally he did with two but eventually had to wear a wrist brace and was encouraged to not use his left hand for gaming but that didn't stop him from playing what he loved.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Have you considered using a foot pedal-type controller in addition to your mouse? While they are not specifically designed to replace the functions a person would use their off-hand for this might be another option for allowing you to use a full range of games. Otherwise, Diablo clones, RTS and Mobas are probably a good bet with your 13-button mouse.

-Byshop

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

@Satyesu said:

any RTS... i would suggest company of heroes 2. stay away from starcraft as the game really requires 2 hands to get enough APM to be competitive

any MMO, i would suggest WoW, FF14, and ArcheAge (depending on the kind of MMO you want)

any Diablo-esque game, like Titan's Quest, Path of Exile, Diablo 3, Torchlight

that is really all i can think of for MP and one hand.... there are loads of single player games i could suggest though

Satyesu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Satyesu

Are there any mmo's with decent combat systems? I'm not into cycling through the same skills over and over.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

@Satyesu: It's funny you mentioned LoL cuz I heared of this girl who plays that game with her feet. Not kidding, you can look her up, she has a Twitch channel and everything. It's not really my kind of thing, but it's one of the most popular games by number of players, so I don't know why you say it's hard to make friends there.

ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts

I'd recommend playing ARPGs such as Diablo, Path of Exile, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing.

You could also try playing MOBAs such as LOL or Dota 2, although, as you said, their communities are not the most friendly.

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

Something like XCOM would be a good bet.

RTS games will be hard to be competitive in without keyboard shortcuts. I guess if you're quick switching between the two you might be OK but it would definitely put you at a disadvantage.

Satyesu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Satyesu

Any suggestible mmo's with non-tedious play?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@Satyesu said:

Any suggestible mmo's with non-tedious play?

Ragnarok Online, since the view point in from above (aka Diablo style) you're controlling the character movement via mouse only

Satyesu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Satyesu

I found some reviews and 1 and 2 had horrible ones. >.> How does FF14RR's combat work?

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

guild wars 1 is pretty decent, 8 skills and click to move. Couple of extra buttons for target acquisition etc (it will auto attack).

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@steaminpotatoes said:

I would recommend Hearthstone , a turn based card game that will keep you playing online with others for quite some time.

Got me totally hooked lol, can even play on iOS and Android tablets.

That's an awesome recommendation actually. Might not seem super-interesting at first, being a card game and all, but if you put 30 minutes into it I'm sure you'd find some fun with it.