This topic is locked from further discussion.

genius2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By genius2365
Member since 2010 • 495 Posts

Well, more PC related issues seem to be plaguing me these days :(

On top of the issues concerning my mouse and keyboard being inactive when I boot up, my mouse now randomly turns off/deactivates when I'm browsing/gaming, etc.. I have a Logitech MX510, not very old, that would just randomly turn off sometimes. I tried changing ports, same issue. I tried using a different mouse, same issue. It randomly disconnects.

I'm starting to think maybe my motherboard/PC in general is starting to go. Over 5 years with at least 5 hours per day. Plenty of issue popping off over the last few months (randomly disconnecting internet, peripherals, etc.).

Anybody have any idea what I could do/what is the issue?

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

Does any of your other devices, other then what you listed, go on and off?

I had this issue once. Found out that my puppy bit a little piece the cable and my mouse would lose power if the connections weren't being made.

genius2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By genius2365

@ShadowDeathX said:

I had this issue once. Found out that my puppy bit a little piece the cable and my mouse would lose power if the connections weren't being made.

Like I said, I tried a different mouse with the same issue. The only related thing I could think of could be how 1 time out of 2 the mouse and keyboard are deactivated when I boot up my PC, with a reboot required to fix the issue. I really have a feeling it could be related to the motherboard connections, or it could use a dusting.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@genius2365 said:

@ShadowDeathX said:

Like I said, I tried a different mouse with the same issue. The only related thing I could think of could be how 1 time out of 2 the mouse and keyboard are deactivated when I boot up my PC, with a reboot required to fix the issue. I really have a feeling it could be related to the motherboard connections, or it could use a dusting.

You could try going into device manager and forcing your usb ports to stay powered on.

genius2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 genius2365

@topgunmv said:

@genius2365 said:

@ShadowDeathX said:

You could try going into device manager and forcing your usb ports to stay powered on.

I'll check that, but it's weird. I've never touched anything in device manager/control manager/Bios (except slight overclock), so it's strange that I'd have issues related to those applications.