This topic is locked from further discussion.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#1 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

On my dad's PC his cursor goes "off center" when launching certain (all?) games.
He has to move the cursor down and to the right of the place he wants to click. And that means lots of things become unreachable.
The problem seems to disappear when going from full screen into window mode.

This is normally ok. But he wants to play Battlefield 3 Beta, and it already runs slow as it is without windowed mode.
Does someone happen to have experience with this? I tried changing resolutions of the desktop and the game, which doesn't help.
I might try a new mouse, cause he is using a wireless one now which was cheap. Could that be the issue?

If you know a possible solution, it would make him very happy :)

Oh he is using Windows 7 64 bits
6870 or 6850 I think. Updated those drivers to a couple versions but it doesn't help either.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

He isn't using anything like DPI scaling or enlarging default texts in Windows is he?

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KungfuKitten

He isn't using anything like DPI scaling or enlarging default texts in Windows is he?

ChubbyGuy40
Yep he is and when I turn that to normal it solves the problem. However his sight isn't what it used to be and the screen is pretty far away. It would be very nice if he could have enlarged windows fonts and have his mouse work, so I'll look for a workaround but I have the feeling that is something reserved for windows 8.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

KungfuKitten

Yep he is and when I turn that to normal it solves the problem. However his sight isn't what it used to be and the screen is pretty far away. It would be very nice if he could have enlarged windows fonts and have his mouse work, so I'll look for a workaround but I have the feeling that is something reserved for windows 8.

It happens in more than just that game. How far away is he sitting? TV length? My suggestion is to just lower the resolution so things seem bigger.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KungfuKitten

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

ChubbyGuy40

It happens in more than just that game. How far away is he sitting? TV length? My suggestion is to just lower the resolution so things seem bigger.

32 inch i think, about 7 feet away. I'm lowering the resolution secretly, cause he is stubborn and doesn't want that :p A little heart for you, thanks. ♡