#1 Posted by skipper847 (3543 posts) -

for the last 1 year and half now I have had 2 gaming mice and both got lag. Cant remember what the 1st one was but the 2nd mouse which I am using now is Tecknet 9800 gaming mouse. Its ok on desktop but as soon as in games it lags. Its it the mouse settings or are games these days setup for controller as I have no issue with controllers. Its either the settings I can not get right because there are that many even for a mouse these days or its the devs fault for not doing it right. I have tried all sorts too in the graphic sections on card and in game like vsyc but that don't help either. The next mouse I will try will be a normal cheap Logitech office mouse as in the past these worked right.

#2 Posted by FelipeInside (26062 posts) -

@skipper847 said:

for the last 1 year and half now I have had 2 gaming mice and both got lag. Cant remember what the 1st one was but the 2nd mouse which I am using now is Tecknet 9800 gaming mouse. Its ok on desktop but as soon as in games it lags. Its it the mouse settings or are games these days setup for controller as I have no issue with controllers. Its either the settings I can not get right because there are that many even for a mouse these days or its the devs fault for not doing it right. I have tried all sorts too in the graphic sections on card and in game like vsyc but that don't help either. The next mouse I will try will be a normal cheap Logitech office mouse as in the past these worked right.

Never heard of that mouse but I've always used Logitech mice and never had lag issues at all. (always wired mice of course).

#3 Posted by hypanovapenguin (18 posts) -

Hi Skipper847,
Is it all games - even non-hardware challenging ones?
Plus, are you plugging it in to a usb hub, or straight in to the PC?

#4 Posted by skipper847 (3543 posts) -

@hypanovapenguin:

Into PC and yes its all games From AC4 to Endless space.

#5 Posted by hypanovapenguin (18 posts) -

@skipper847: A few things you could perhaps try if you haven't already:
* Deleting you graphics card drivers, then reinstall them.
* Deleting you mouse drivers, then reinstall them.
* Deleting you sound drivers, then reinstall them.
* Ensure you have the latest DirectX drivers.

Just as a final check - the mouse is going straight in to a USB port, and you are not using a USB-PS2 converter?

#6 Posted by PredatorRules (8603 posts) -

@hypanovapenguin said:

@skipper847: A few things you could perhaps try if you haven't already:

* Deleting you graphics card drivers, then reinstall them.

* Deleting you mouse drivers, then reinstall them.

* Deleting you sound drivers, then reinstall them.

* Ensure you have the latest DirectX drivers.

Just as a final check - the mouse is going straight in to a USB port, and you are not using a USB-PS2 converter?

I'd like to add - try pluging mouse into back of the case and not infront (if that is currently how it's plugged) because it might be short of power in the front USB ports.