Motherboard Choice

#1 Posted by ChaosPhenom (10 posts) -

Hey,

I need help selecting a new motherboard, I have recently aquired a second GTX780 and want to run them in SLI so need a new board (mine was crossfire).

So I am looking at the below 2 boards and just wanted peoples opinions.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4959#ov

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/Z97S_SLI_PLUS.html#hero-overview

Thanks.

#2 Posted by PredatorRules (7595 posts) -

I'd go with ASRock Z87 Fatal1ty Killer to save some money but that Gigabyte does look good (actually depends on the colour scheme inside your case)

#3 Posted by ChaosPhenom (10 posts) -

Tbh honest the colour scheme is Yellow due to the Venom case I have. So either way not much I can do about that lol. I did look at that but I think I want a Z97.

#4 Edited by insane_metalist (5992 posts) -

ASUS Sabertooth Z97

or you could go with the mobo I have ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97.

Although it's red so it wouldn't match your theme. Honestly, most Z87/Z97 mobos are a great choice as long as they have SLI option.

I'm running 2-Way SLI GTX 780 Ti with ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 and it's been great, I can't complain. It's also very pretty and great for overclocking. I'd recommend it.

#5 Posted by PredatorRules (7595 posts) -
#6 Posted by ChaosPhenom (10 posts) -

Yea I like the MPower one its ins the same price range as the Gigabyte Gaming 7 mobo. There are SOOOO many choices.

#7 Posted by ChaosPhenom (10 posts) -

insane_metalist I was looking at the Asus Maximus Ranger one as the Hero is a little out of my price range, I can probably go to about £140 for the mobo.

#8 Posted by PredatorRules (7595 posts) -

Yea I like the MPower one its ins the same price range as the Gigabyte Gaming 7 mobo. There are SOOOO many choices.

The choices for me is features that I need and colour scheme build (if you even care and/or have an windowed case)

#9 Posted by ChaosPhenom (10 posts) -

lol in the end I went for the Gigabyte Gaming 7 board.

#10 Posted by PredatorRules (7595 posts) -

lol in the end I went for the Gigabyte Gaming 7 board.

Enjoy =)