Most scary Game you ever play

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dreamerdonkey (65 posts) -

For me its

1. Fear

2. Manhunt

3. Dead Space

4. Silent Hill

#2 Posted by with_teeth26 (6118 posts) -

Amnesia, The Penumbra Games and Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of the earth. Nothing else comes close really. The Stalker games at night can be quite terrifying at times as well. 

Fear was creepy and Dead Space was tense, but both are primarily action games in my eyes. 

#3 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -
The Penumbra Games were good but they didn't scare me. Tension was there though. On the other hand, Amnesia was closest to doing it.
#4 Posted by JackBurton (3802 posts) -
  • System Shock 2
  • Clive Barker's Undying
  • Amnesia: The Dark Descent
  • Aliens vs Predator 2 (marine campaign)
#5 Posted by kozzy1234 (35230 posts) -

1. AMnesia

2. Penumbra series

3. 7th Guest

#6 Posted by BattleSpectre (5982 posts) -

Haven't played Amnesia so i'll say Dead Space for the time being.

EDIT: just finished playing a bit of Alan Wake tonight and let me say it's so intense and i recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it yet, amazing deep story line too. I'd say this is up there for being scary.

#7 Posted by Litchie (16269 posts) -

Silent Hill 2.

Come on, guys. FEAR? Dead Space? I'd understand if you've only played My Little Pony games in the past.

#8 Posted by overhead_drums (312 posts) -
Dead Space made me jump a lot! Silent Hill was creepy though and great.
#9 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Amnesia first and foremost. Then the Penumbra games. System shock 2 can be pretty creepy as well as STALKER at night time or underground

#10 Posted by Iantheone (8242 posts) -
For me, FEAR always holds a special place in my scary-heart. First real game I played that had any horror elements in it.
#11 Posted by tanerb (930 posts) -

Yep Fear when i first played it years ago.

#12 Posted by SteverXIII (3829 posts) -
Never been truly scared by a game, but Silent Hill 1/2, Call of Cthulhu and Harvester were pretty creepy
#13 Posted by yonyz (530 posts) -
Dead Space FEAR (only the original)
#14 Posted by slabber44 (978 posts) -
Barbie's Little Pony. Watching my litte niece play that on her computer scared the living crap out of me! Haven't been the same since.
#15 Posted by ttomm1946 (1871 posts) -
Never been truly scared by a game, but Silent Hill 1/2, Call of Cthulhu and Harvester were pretty creepySteverXIII
I was going to say Harvester..Banned in 61 countries..Truly weird!!
#16 Posted by Flubbbs (3051 posts) -

Silent Hill 2

#17 Posted by khanabyss25 (279 posts) -

1:amnesia

2: System Schock 2

3: Resident Evil 2

4: FEAR

5:Condemned

#19 Posted by FowlBeast (98 posts) -

1. AMnesia

2. Penumbra series

3. 7th Guest

kozzy1234
Completely agree with #3. Played the hell out of this game when I was a kid, used to creep me out. Dem puzzles......man.
#20 Posted by RevD_Crack (42 posts) -

Resident Evil 1 remastered for Gamecube

unquestionably. Game scared be when i was 14, and it still sends chills down my Spine, even thinking about it 10 years later. The Silent Hill games were pretty terrifying, but i don't have much playthrough time/experience to give feedback on. Dead Space 1 is a great contentender for me as well since that's all i can remember/comment for now.

People were always bragging about how Amnesia The Dark Descent was the G.O.A.T, but i beg to differ.  The controls were very stiff on that game, you got carried away too much, felt like a drag to continue, there was tension and atmosphere, but i just never felt the urge to play anymore after 2 hours.

#21 Posted by s-e-e-k (247 posts) -

F.E.A.R. and some parts of Half-Life 2

#22 Posted by CUDGEdave (2590 posts) -

Nightmare house 2 the HL2 mod was pretty good.

#23 Posted by KodiakKoolaid (441 posts) -
AVP 2 marines campaign. Stopped playing after the first mission, I was too scared :P Granted I was only about 10 years old at the time.
#24 Posted by CUDGEdave (2590 posts) -

I played Nightmare house and am watching a fella play it and he freaking out!,it is goo though.

#25 Posted by eo_the_shaman (1800 posts) -

Slender Man the game

#26 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

Nothing. I avoid scary games like the plague.

#27 Posted by geitenvla (960 posts) -

So many people mentioning Amnesia. I never played that game, but it sounds interesting.

The most immersive scary moment I recall was in Thief III - the cradle mission.

#28 Posted by NoAssKicker47 (2845 posts) -

So many people mentioning Amnesia. I never played that game, but it sounds interesting.

The most immersive scary moment I recall was in Thief III - the cradle mission.

geitenvla

I watched a video of Amnesia where the player was being chased through water-filled rooms by something invisible and very loud. It was extremely unnerving just to watch the video, so I imagine actually playing it would be terrifying.

#29 Posted by THGarrett (2574 posts) -

Amnesia for sure.  

#30 Posted by SteverXIII (3829 posts) -
Anyone else think Amnesia is overrated? I didn't find that game to be slightly scary.
#31 Posted by Maverick6575 (191 posts) -

Slender...
Some people think it's tupid, but it's freaking intense, especially at night in the dark all alone...

It's a completely free game, so here's the link:

http://www.slendergame.com/download.php

#32 Posted by egoodsgaming (9 posts) -
For me 1. Fear Series except 3 2. Amnesia 3. Dead space 1 and 2 (I din't check 3) 4. Silent Hill on PSP - It's not scary at all but the game was fulfill with darkness and one torch for enlighten the certain area but of course little bit scary when i'm playing alone at home. :)
#33 Posted by klusps (10381 posts) -

1. RE2

2. Amnesia

3. REmake on Gamecube

4. Penumbra: Overture