This topic is locked from further discussion.

bluesunmerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 bluesunmerc
Member since 2014 • 281 Posts

So I recently dug one of my monitors up and I thought about buying another one to do surround gaming and it is only 50 dollars on ebay just a quick google search but i was wondering why it was so inexpensive even as old as it is it still looks great just thought Id ask you to make sure its worth it or if I should start investing in a new monitor.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/151622724758?lpid=82&chn=ps

Thats the first ebay page I saw The spec are 1440x900 res 60mhz refresh, vga and dvi ports 5ms response. Ive been gaming on mine and I have had no issues in fact it looks better than my tv ive been using. Which is a vizio 1080 p Thanks in advance

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Few things;

1) Surround gaming or so called 2 or 3 monitor setup is going to be expensive.

2) I recommend on getting the exact monitor modules to prevent compatibility issues (refresh rate, response times)

3) You shoud know that 2 monitor setup are for streaming, 3 is for gaming.

4) Horsepower, do you have it? you should know that adding more monitors enlarges your display resolution, you should make sure that you have powerful enough rig for the job or else it will cost you in graphics settings.

After all these things that I've written, I do not recommend buying tech from eBay, 50$ is not alot but you could save the money and get yourself a decent gaming monitor from a great brand: Asus VX238H-W

bluesunmerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bluesunmerc

yea I planned on adding a third later I just wasn't sure if the monitor would be worth it or not. As far as graphics card that is the first on the list my 660 will not handle gaming on more than one monitor. I do know that for the best experience 3 of the same monitors is preferred. So you think the best thing to do would be to completely upgrade my monitor altogether.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@bluesunmerc said:

yea I planned on adding a third later I just wasn't sure if the monitor would be worth it or not. As far as graphics card that is the first on the list my 660 will not handle gaming on more than one monitor. I do know that for the best experience 3 of the same monitors is preferred. So you think the best thing to do would be to completely upgrade my monitor altogether.

Yes, 3 of the monitors that I've recommended should set you up pretty good, it also one of the cheapest.

Along with 2 high end GPUs (970 or 290) to maintain good fps with max graphics.

Aside from it being costy, make sure the GPU you're about to buy got the right connectors for the 3 monitors.

bluesunmerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bluesunmerc

@PredatorRules: Yea, whenever hours pickup at work im going to buy a 970 or a may buy the next batch of products not sure what yet just thinking and planning right now.