This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SantaD (217 posts) -
a friend wanted me look at his computer cos it been going slow. so when i turned it on it all worked fine . but when i turned it off and on again. the monitor stayed in the ( hibertnate color button ( yellow) ) and nothing is coming up on the screen apart from no signal or cable disconnected. its not the monitor cos it works with mine. and it worked with it first time but once i turned it off and on again it wont work. any help guyz?
#2 Posted by DirkVDV01 (20155 posts) -
a friend wanted me look at his computer cos it been going slow. so when i turned it on it all worked fine . but when i turned it off and on again. the monitor stayed in the ( hibertnate color button ( yellow) ) and nothing is coming up on the screen apart from no signal or cable disconnected. its not the monitor cos it works with mine. and it worked with it first time but once i turned it off and on again it wont work. any help guyz?SantaD
What exactly did you do before you restarted the PC?
#3 Posted by SantaD (217 posts) -
well i looked at it and it was just running slow and nout would open because it kept saying virtual memory low. so i thought cos it had so much rubbish on it and it took like 15 minits open a folder. i thought i was going to format it. so i turned the computer off. and i opened it up first cos i had a spare 128mb of sd ram. so i fitted that and it wernt working like the computer was bleeping. so i took it out and it wuz fine. and the screen wont come on since.

BTW yes the ram in that computer is SD its old.
#4 Posted by DirkVDV01 (20155 posts) -
well i looked at it and it was just running slow and nout would open because it kept saying virtual memory low. so i thought cos it had so much rubbish on it and it took like 15 minits open a folder. i thought i was going to format it. so i turned the computer off. and i opened it up first cos i had a spare 128mb of sd ram. so i fitted that and it wernt working like the computer was bleeping. so i took it out and it wuz fine. and the screen wont come on since.

BTW yes the ram in that computer is SD its old.SantaD
Seems like you damaged something in the process...
#5 Posted by SantaD (217 posts) -
not like its new doing the process i did . i done it plenty times b4. i just cant c why the monitor is not coming on.
#6 Posted by DirkVDV01 (20155 posts) -
not like its new doing the process i did . i done it plenty times b4. i just cant c why the monitor is not coming on.SantaD
Did you accidently hit the videocard? Try reseating it.
#7 Posted by SantaD (217 posts) -
no i dint hit video card because it not got 1. just onboard. n i didnt hit it at all just help me fix it plz m8
#8 Posted by _0V3RKI11_ (2267 posts) -
Perhaps you were carrying some static, and when you put the RAM into the mobo, the static went through the RAM, and then through the motherboard? Don't forget that static electricity has to be at something like 4000 volts before you feel it.
#9 Posted by SantaD (217 posts) -
well i need bit diffrent help now. cos now wen i turn it on if i power button twice fast it started workin again now but when i want to format it and it says press any key boot from disc. i press a key then it goes to this menu saying safemode networking safemode blah blah safemode load up windows normally ( coutndown) btw it wont let me boot from disc.
#10 Posted by DirkVDV01 (20155 posts) -
[QUOTE="SantaD"]well i need bit diffrent help now. cos now wen i turn it on if i power button twice fast it started workin again now but when i want to format it and it says press any key boot from disc. i press a key then it goes to this menu saying safemode networking safemode blah blah safemode load up windows normally ( coutndown) btw it wont let me boot from disc.

Hmmm, it looks like your booting from the HDD, not the disc. Change boot priority order in the BIOS.
#11 Posted by SantaD (217 posts) -
i changed it to cd rom first. then floppy. then hdrive.